Question for the MA car peeps...

Has anyone ever shipped an engine/trans across the country? I possibly need an old V8 and a cast-iron auto trans shipped from MT to AZ.

Thanks in advance for any tips on companies, procedures, etc., from the knowledgable, and facepalms in advance to the trolls that will possibly feel the need to throw in thier unsolicited idiocy.

;)(edited)

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

This guy said he'd haul anything but American Motors..LOL!

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Has anyone ever shipped an engine/trans across the country? I possibly

> need an old V8 and a cast-iron auto trans shipped from MT to AZ.

>

> Thanks in advance for any tips on companies, procedures, etc., from the

> knowledgable, and facepalms in advance to the trolls that will possibly

> feel the need to throw in thier unsolicited idiocy.

>

> ;)

Like,

Why dont you just put the motor and trans back in the car and drive it out there?? Haha

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

Check out USHIP. I had a similar setup shipped similar distance (about 15 years ago though). think it was around 150.

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Has anyone ever shipped an engine/trans across the country? I possibly

> need an old V8 and a cast-iron auto trans shipped from MT to AZ.

>

> Thanks in advance for any tips on companies, procedures, etc., from the

> knowledgable, and facepalms in advance to the trolls that will possibly

> feel the need to throw in their unsolicited idiocy.

>

> ;)

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This guy said he'd haul anything but American Motors..LOL!

>

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

Azed=K-evil has NO sense of humor...………….LOL!

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Azed=K-evil has NO sense of humor...………….LOL!

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

Never done it, but perhaps check with engine re-manufacturers? They ship all over the country, they could prob set you up?

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

You're gonna need a couple pallets.

Crate up each on the pallets. Look for accommodating sizes behind stores and warehoses. Ask before tsking, but odd sized pallets are generally thrown away.

You gonna need a shipper with a lift gate truck to pick up at anything less than a dock.

Almost forgot...

A typical pallet jack (electric or manual) will have problems lifting odd size pallets because of fork wheel spacing. So before you start, knock the bottom cross boards off FIRST.

Look for hardwood they will feel heavier. You can always add wood to the upper deck.(edited)

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

^ You've built pallets too? ;)

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^ You've built pallets too? ;)

Built, repaired, destroyed, burnt and combined.

Most any trucking company will want the item boxed in or they wont insure it during transit. This is the mini chopper a dude in Cali bought for $600 and paid $600 for shipping. Its two pallets combined then boxed in. All scrap wood that I found.

20180817_154330.jpg
20180820_145129.jpg
20180820_162047.jpg

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

Thanks for the positive feedback from those who gave it.

A big middle-fingered facepalm to dum ohio, for making an ass out of himself (as he usually does) by trying to troll me, and allowing me the opportunity to best him once again here on the ol' OT.

I've decided to opt against this, as I found a complete donor car, which is both more cost-effective, and it has many parts I need to make my car a semi-modern daily driver.

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

Can't take a joke, like most libs...…..LOL! If it would've been an obscene joke, he would've loved it.

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Can't take a joke, like most libs...…..LOL! If it would've been an

> obscene joke, he would've loved it.

(edited)

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

Overpriced Parts /

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the positive feedback from those who gave it.

>

> A big middle-fingered facepalm to dum ohio, for making an ass out of

> himself (as he usually does) by trying to troll me, and allowing me the

> opportunity to best him once again here on the ol' OT.

>

> I've decided to opt against this, as I found a complete donor car, which

> is both more cost-effective, and it has many parts I need to make my car

> a semi-modern daily driver.

I was a carpet/flooring warehouse manager for a few years and I was able to ship many bikes, parts and engines including a 4.3 Chevy, you name it on common carrier!

it’s a shame you gave up because if you could get the right connection you would be able to go nationwide shipping for a reasonable price!

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > A Zed Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Thanks for the positive feedback from those who gave it.

>

> >

>

> > A big middle-fingered facepalm to dum ohio, for making an ass out of

>

> > himself (as he usually does) by trying to troll me, and allowing me

> the

>

> > opportunity to best him once again here on the ol' OT.

>

> >

>

> > I've decided to opt against this, as I found a complete donor car,

> which

>

> > is both more cost-effective, and it has many parts I need to make my

> car

>

> > a semi-modern daily driver.

>

> I was a carpet/flooring warehouse manager for a few years and I was

> as able to ship many bikes, parts and engines including a 4.3 Chevy, you

> name it on common carrier!

>

> it’s a shame you gave up because if you could get the right connection

> n you would be able to go nationwide shipping for a reasonable price!

i didn't give up...i just (allegedly) found a complete donor car that makes more sense, and that i can pick up myself.

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

yes.

strap it to a pallet or two, shrink wrap the pallet if you can. weigh it and get measurements

Uship or other freight haulers can move it if it's on a pallet

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

In an car, it's pretty easy to get a hauler, on a pallet, it's pretty easy to ship a pallet, but finding stuff locally? definite win. shipping aint cheap

Re: Question for the MA car peeps...

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

try the desert junkyard south of phx?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to reply to this thread?

We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first you'll need to login (or create an account).