Any Food Chemists' here?

Bought a bottle of Pineapple soda at the dollar store today. Listed last on ingredients was Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin. No kidding. How much of that do I have to drink before my skin looks like bark and what little hair I have left turns into pine needles? I drank about 3/4 of it and dumped the rest on some dandelions in my yard. I'll look tomorrow and see if anything happened to them.

Re: Any Food Chemists' here?

It’s fine to eat, it is used as an emulsifier in almost every citrus flavored soda.

Well, they say we're eating wood pulp in our parmesan cheese, so...…………………...

Technically cellulose is used as an anti-caking additive, and it's in alot more than cheese. It's not really wood. Well actually it's totally wood..

That's why pre shredded cheese makes shitty lumpy quesadillas.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Well, they say we're eating wood pulp in our parmesan cheese,

> so...…………………...

You’re eating wood pulp because you buy fake cheese.. dingus don

Anybody dumb enough to buy shredded cheese deserves to eat wood chips.

Damn, I need to quit eating at Mexican resturants.

Overpriced Parts /

> Seth B Wrote:

> Anybody dumb enough to buy shredded cheese deserves to eat wood chips.

I shred myself not to mention when I worked in the farm I made cheese myself, good times and good eating back then!

cellulose is great, whats wrong with it? it's a convenient easy organic indigestible non-abrasive harmless powder, very cheap, what would you propose as an alternative?

I'm not really a food chemist, or a chemist at all, but I am a research scientist for the biggest chemical company in the world. My role is high temperature solids processing though, not much of it touches food stuff, but some of the catalysts for example are the catalysts used to partially hydrogenate your partially hydrogenated fatty acids. I don't think we make any of the brominate vegetable oils or glycerol esters but probably make the vitamin E in it if you were to buy commercial scale with additives

Can say with 100% certainty cellulose is much better for you than the other shit they put in our food; sodium benzoate, sodium nitrate, sodium sulfite, sulfur dioxide and a number of other preservatives.

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> cellulose is great, whats wrong with it? it's a convenient easy organic

> indigestible non-abrasive harmless powder, very cheap, what would you

> propose as an alternative?

>

> I'm not really a food chemist, or a chemist at all, but I am a research

> scientist for the biggest chemical company in the world. My role is high

> temperature solids processing though, not much of it touches food stuff,

> but some of the catalysts for example are the catalysts used to

> partially hydrogenate your partially hydrogenated fatty acids. I don't

> think we make any of the brominate vegetable oils or glycerol esters but

> probably make the vitamin E in it if you were to buy commercial scale

> with additives

Yeah it’s a shame we do everything to kill the environment but that’s how it goes!

Because the USA is sitting on a pile of energy and we made our whole economy on that,

Most of the natural gas Electric power plants in Ohio are owned by China,

I don’t know how anybody allowed that to happen! well I do know how it happened! it’s called dollar bills!

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> cellulose is great, whats wrong with it? it's a convenient easy organic

> indigestible non-abrasive harmless powder, very cheap, what would you

> propose as an alternative?

>

> I'm not really a food chemist, or a chemist at all, but I am a research

> scientist for the biggest chemical company in the world. My role is high

> temperature solids processing though, not much of it touches food stuff,

> but some of the catalysts for example are the catalysts used to

> partially hydrogenate your partially hydrogenated fatty acids. I don't

> think we make any of the brominate vegetable oils or glycerol esters but

> probably make the vitamin E in it if you were to buy commercial scale

> with additives

What's wrong with it? We're paying for parmesan cheese,NOT parmesan trees.

Then buy Parmesan cheese that’s in the cheese section (real cheese), not in round plastic containers next to the spaghetti.... dingus don

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Organic chemist almost the same well I'm not really basically a polymer chemist but I get the basic gist things you want to avoid GMO anyting genetically modified so they can be sprayed with Agent Orange and then you eat it almost all the kids cereals and the candies all have it corn syrup did basically pump it into the America like poison and then do not look up what they make artificial raspberry flavor out of I mean it's harmless but it's kind of disgusting and if you eat any kind of wheat product that's stored for any like the time it has some sprayed on it and all that is that glycerol it's a sugar that they get when they process large quantities of wood and then turn it into alcohol it's the slurry before it's turned into high-proof your body won't absorb it because it's a left-handed sugar it's identical to the normal sugar molecule except it's mirrored and your body won't accept it l just let it pass through as a funny cool side note if you have a half a tablespoon of baking soda + 3 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide to a liter bottle of Mountain Dew he'll turn it into a big glow stick you can make all the homeless bums think that you are Jesus...

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

fucking DUH...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I love when vegans tell me they're vegan when they're drinking beer and using ketchup white sugar white flower and by fancy shampoos made out of abortions

What isn’t vegan about beer, sugar, ketchup and flour?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Pig intestinal enzymes to clean the Cloudy beer bone meal polishes sugar and salt and the natural flavoring in ketchup is Ox blood

The recently Departed dreaded one was one of the world's only plantists. He had absolutely no part to do with anything with animal products in it which made him a real weirdo but I used to be as computer tech and he was a media professor

Well raw sugar is what most people us these days anyways, I forgot about the bone meal bleaching process. but the ox blood is a load of crap dude.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Anything that's listed as natural flavorings and is under 2% doesn't even have to be listed you try to find out what that natural flavoring is you're going to run into a wall and then you're going to go to run around but eventually you'll find out that the natural flavoring in ketchup is indeed Oxblood it comes from the Chinese recipe for the plum ketchup it's been in there since the beginning

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> What's wrong with it? We're paying for parmesan cheese,NOT parmesan

> trees.

haha, thanks don, that did make me chuckle

you don't need pig enzymes to clear beer, you can do it with gelatin. though that's also def not vegan, haha

I think it depends a lot on why you're vegan though - alotta people it isnt about the animals themselves but a recognition that animal products are an inefficient use of resources. In that case utilizing animal byproducts doesnt contribute to the waste of resources - however eating heavily processed animal alternatives (fake meat & cheese) often does.

Still, some people make the choices and dig deep into the research to make the MOST possible difference, whether against animal cruelty or against waste etc, but if someone's going to make a choice like veganism, they don't necessarily need to take that to the extremes of concerning whether there might be oxblood at trace levels in your ketchup to make a measurable impact with a modest effort

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Riboflavin is made are chicken livers but seriously vegans need complex B vitamins that commercially are only available from animal products if you look up post and Kellogg they both ended up extremely eccentric as did my buddy Boris and Hitler was a vegan B12 deprived

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account