Hypothetical questions for discussion

Should a long-time poster who is (arguably) a hack mechanic at best, (arguably) contributes nothing positive to the moped community, (inarguably) consistently posts hatred, such as Islamaphobia, racism, and extreme religious and political stupidity be banned from the OT?

Should a long-time poster who is (inarguably) a very talented moped mechanic/modifier, (inarguably) a prolific wiki contributor, but who has had a track record of being (arguably) crazy--pissing off MA with his shenanigans, which include some (arguably) disparaging slander against the MA organization?

Should they both be banned?

Should one be banned, but not the other?

If so, which one should stay, and which one should be banned?

Should neither be banned?

Please discuss.(edited)

Re: Hypothetical questions for discussion

It's kind of hard to ban people from a free site isn't it? ( I really don't know whats involved) I would think they would just make a new profile? I look at it like real life, there is a certain percentage that hold views and or exhibit behaviors that I'm not ok with, just part of living. You just have to deal with it.

Trolls are just out for attention (not their fault - because of low IQ, bad childhood, mommy-daddy hate issues, psychological disorder, character flaw, they are assholes, some other excuse or whatever) so if you do not like what someone posts and they are showing a trolling trend - IGNORE THEM - THEY WILL GO AWAY (unlike herpes, AIDS, crabs, IRS and bill collectors) maybe to a scooter site or a motorizedbike forum...

It would be better to shadow ban them both for being insufferable dicks on a public forum.

I would say let them both be on here. One has genuine knowledge, but newbs or people who cry easily can find them offensive, that isn't his problem. The other one lives in a bubble where they have never left the safety of their keyboard, so find it easy to purposely offend people, even in the name of lord jebus. But if push came to shove, if only one could stay, I'd take the knowledge givver.

Sounds like Don and Wayne(edited)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I vote, instead of censoring people we should just censor ourselves. If you dont like what someones post dont read them anymore. But limiting voices is never a good idea.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I vote, instead of censoring people we should just censor ourselves. If

> you dont like what someones post dont read them anymore. But limiting

> voices is never a good idea.

i think that people get confused as to what is actually covered by the constitution's first amendment.

contrary to popular and erroneous belief, the first amendment does not protect anyone whilst they are on private property.

that said, although this forum is public, per se, it is private property, because it is privately owned and privately moderated. therefore, anyone's freedom of speech can be limited as deemed by the moderators.

you are however entitled to your own opinion on the topic that i in fact asked for, and the mods have the right to delete it, as well as my comment, and the entire thread if they so choose.(edited)

imo, Jimmy and Zed are both correct

We should police ourselves and when our resident retired nuke plant janitor gets out of line we flag him.

It's not my site and it's free so I'm aware my opinion is worthless. However if we do ban him, I guarantee he'll go and take one of his little blue pills (in order to jerk off from all of the attention), and then just go make a new profile.

(In fact, he's probably reading this entire thread right now with his pants around his ankles already half a bottle deep in some Jergen's)

Well....there's a mental image I didn't need.... :D

> ..... poop Wrote:

> imo, Jimmy and Zed are both correct

>

> We should police ourselves and when our resident retired nuke plant

> janitor gets out of line we flag him.

>

> It's not my site and it's free so I'm aware my opinion is worthless.

> However if we do ban him, I guarantee he'll go and take one of his

> little blue pills (in order to jerk off from all of the attention), and

> then just go make a new profile.

>

>(In fact, he's probably reading this entire thread right now with his

> pants around his ankles already half a bottle deep in some Jergen's)

(edited)

I hardy know who or what your talking about but the guys are right on ..someone causing trouble is just sitting back laughing at anyone they can get to argue back or complain..they don't get any joy out of it and will finally stop or go away if ignored..there are people in this world that never grow up reguardless of how many bitthdays they have..

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Personally Banning things and running away is not the way to do things I say they take it out of each other like real men both build a machine and racism to the death then we could package it and sell tickets and ignoring them and they'll go away didn't really work for the Nazis did it

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

FREE CRAZY WAYNE!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

We should actually open up a troll branch so we know which ones are official and know what they're doing

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> We should actually open up a troll branch so we know which ones are

> official and know what they're doing

The Slew Feet would be a great name for that branch.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread