Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Overpriced Parts /

https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/10/nascar-hybrid-race-cars-2022/

Then full electric ones, nothing like nice noxious unknown Health risk gases from battery explosions when crashes occurs,

Ya instant fast acceleration from electric motors is a great thing, we all know that and drivers will love that instant power but NASCAR fans like to hear and feel the power not just see something buzzing along but maybe they could put a couple playing cards held on by close pins on the front rim to make a noise like we did with our bicycles to make engine noise yeah that’s the ticket.

I foresee a Vintage NASCAR series with gasoline cars being formed shortly after electric ones take over,

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

I thought people just liked cars tediously driving in circles.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Well there’s no reason they couldn’t make them like bumper cars and have the power be on the track.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Hybrid is the future, Porsche, Ferrari, Mclaren and others have been messing with it for years. I don't like it and I have to say I miss the sound of the big bad Porsche turbo panzers and most of all the F5000 cars.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I thought people just liked cars tediously driving in circles.

Not just all oval anymore

Charlotte NASCAR track added road road course for nascar

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2018/01/22/charlotte-motor-speedway-introduces-final-road-course-layout/

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Overpriced Parts /

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hybrid is the future, Porsche, Ferrari, Mclaren and others have been

> messing with it for years. I don't like it and I have to say I miss the

> sound of the big bad Porsche turbo panzers and most of all the F5000

> cars.

I would be all for electric vehicles if the mining (rare metals and other stuff), processing, manufacturing, recycling and disposing of a batteries didn’t pollute, contaminate beyond belief, plus the facts that China controls most of the rare metals market because they don’t mind polluting thousands of square miles of their land, water and air to make money,

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Montreal tries Formula E in 2017, the 60000 expected sear sales only was 45000 seats filled, the major portion of those seats were giveaway and promotion seats. Most people who attended are in no rush to see it any time soon.

I dont think the crowd who wants to see combustion engines battle for supremacy on a track are the same folks who want to bare witness to the same performance from electrics whizzing around the same circuit. Does not seem to translate well.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Yeah, it would be odd, there is a visceral feel to loud racing engines that electric will never be able to replicate, that said, I would go check out an electric car race, the performance would be amazing to see, but not with the same expectations of an ic car race.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

LOL! Crazier and crazier!

Some guy asked about a full battery replacement cost from Tesla. Was told 33K...……………..HaHahaaaaaa! Wonder if that included hazmat disposal charges?

Too funny!

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

if it makes the cars faster and lighter, that's rad. it's like the next step.

But if they wind up intentionally disadvantaging traditional ICE to make hybrids and electrics more competitive, like the phase-out of 2t in motoGP, that's less fun

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

They should be in an electric only class.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

lol, formula 1 cars have been hybrid for years without incident.

With more road races added to nascar every year it's becoming something I'd consider watching. Oval racing is dumb and boring.

MotoE kicks ass and is way more interesting racing than motogp has been in 5 years and more interesting than moto2 has been since it was 250gp

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/10/nascar-hybrid-race-cars-2022/

>

> Then full electric ones, nothing like nice noxious unknown Health risk

> gases from battery explosions when crashes occurs

As opposed to the known health risks from flaming gasoline when crashes occur. Or the health risks from exhaust fumes. This line is just such a stretch.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Overpriced Parts /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/10/nascar-hybrid-race-cars-2022/

>

> >

>

> > Then full electric ones, nothing like nice noxious unknown Health risk

>

> > gases from battery explosions when crashes occurs

>

> As opposed to the known health risks from flaming gasoline when crashes

> occur. Or the health risks from exhaust fumes. This line is just such a

> stretch.

Nope ! we know with gasoline oil fumes produce, we do not know with those batteries toxic fumes produce!

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Nick Haber Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/10/nascar-hybrid-race-cars-2022/

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Then full electric ones, nothing like nice noxious unknown Health

> risk

>

> >

>

> > > gases from battery explosions when crashes occurs

>

> >

>

> > As opposed to the known health risks from flaming gasoline when

> crashes

>

> > occur. Or the health risks from exhaust fumes. This line is just such

> a

>

> > stretch.

>

> Nope ! we know with gasoline oil fumes produce, we do not know with

> those batteries toxic fumes produce!

Yeah, scientists are dumb and have absolutely no clue as to what they're doing with all this electric wizardry.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

I cant stop thinking of a all electric 24h le man's. but really I dont think battery power is the future yet, the technology isnt where it needs to be yet where as hydrogen fuel cell is but I really dont want to be driving a bomb around town.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Electric will `bomb out'...LOL!

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

I assume Don and Ken will opt for the gasoline powered pacemakers in their chests in the near future.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Overpriced Parts /

> Peter Fondue Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I assume Don and Ken will opt for the gasoline powered pacemakers in

> their chests in the near future.

I don’t mind electric I just don’t want more destruction and pollution of the earth mining materials, making, recycling and disposing of today’s batteries and electric motors that have rare earth materials, plastic/toxic crap all at countries that don’t care about polluting and contaminating earth and their people,

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Peter Fondue Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I assume Don and Ken will opt for the gasoline powered pacemakers in

>

> > their chests in the near future.

>

> I don’t mind electric I just don’t want more destruction and pollution

> of the earth mining materials, making, recycling and disposing of

> today’s batteries and electric motors that have rare earth materials,

> plastic/toxic crap all at countries that don’t care about polluting and

> contaminating earth and their people,

And thats a great excuse to destroy the earth with fossil fuels...

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Sadly, it's a bit late to be worrying about pollution, there are simply too many of us to NOT pollute. The planet will deal with us. In the mean time, off to the races!

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Peter Fondue Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I assume Don and Ken will opt for the gasoline powered pacemakers in

>

> > their chests in the near future.

>

> I don’t mind electric I just don’t want more destruction and pollution

> of the earth mining materials, making, recycling and disposing of

> today’s batteries and electric motors that have rare earth materials,

> plastic/toxic crap all at countries that don’t care about polluting and

> contaminating earth and their people,

This^ …………………...right now, electric is just another pollution problem.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Do you want to discuss why electric is or is not just another pollution problem? You seem very certain of this but also seem to be pretty ignorant of the actual facts of it

I believe your main argument is the availability and pollution involved with lithium?

It mostly comes from salt flat brine, and definitely removes alot of otherwise usable water. But part of the adoption of batteries is the adaptation of batteries, it's constantly moving, research is constantly evaluating and developing materials which are less reliant on harmful or limited resources. But that development relies on the adoption of current technology for new technology to continue to evolve.

Secondly is we gotta consider recycling. I think by far the most valuable approach to minimizing pollution associated with battery cars specifically and vehicles in general is to improve recycling of lithium batteries. It helps nobody to complain about a problem - because yes pollution around lithium and battery mnaufacture is a real problem - but it helps noone to complain about it and offer no solution, stand in the way of progress, and do nothing but continue polluting the ways we always have.

and third if the problem is nonsustainable practice in 3rd world countries, shouldnt we spend more effort enabling a more universal set of controls in a global economy?

Really though, if you wanna make an impact with vehicles, the 1st biggest impac you can make is never uy new. not only is it a useless waste of money, manufacture of new cars is the lions share of the emissions for the first 50k miles or more

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

You stupid boomers are gonna kill us all.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Wait! There is another option!

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Andrew Squiggman /

It's not convenient for Don to consider electric as viable as he's already got one foot in the grave, and too old to learn new technologies. He won't be around to see the benefits.

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do you want to discuss why electric is or is not just another pollution

> problem? You seem very certain of this but also seem to be pretty

> ignorant of the actual facts of it

>

> I believe your main argument is the availability and pollution involved

> with lithium?

>

> It mostly comes from salt flat brine, and definitely removes alot of

> otherwise usable water. But part of the adoption of batteries is the

> adaptation of batteries, it's constantly moving, research is constantly

> evaluating and developing materials which are less reliant on harmful or

> limited resources. But that development relies on the adoption of

> current technology for new technology to continue to evolve.

>

> Secondly is we gotta consider recycling. I think by far the most

> valuable approach to minimizing pollution associated with battery cars

> specifically and vehicles in general is to improve recycling of lithium

> batteries. It helps nobody to complain about a problem - because yes

> pollution around lithium and battery mnaufacture is a real problem -

> but it helps noone to complain about it and offer no solution, stand in

> the way of progress, and do nothing but continue polluting the ways we

> always have.

>

> and third if the problem is nonsustainable practice in 3rd world

> countries, shouldnt we spend more effort enabling a more universal set

> of controls in a global economy?

>

> Really though, if you wanna make an impact with vehicles, the 1st

> biggest impac you can make is never uy new. not only is it a useless

> waste of money, manufacture of new cars is the lions share of the

> emissions for the first 50k miles or more

Yep I have old used cars, old used bikes, all secondhand clothes, used music musical instruments, I buy very few new anything, I’m all about repurposing too,

Will, I’m not not just talk about lithium I’m talking about every rare earth metal and oil base plastics/all chemicals, sorry but I hate all chemical engineer kind of people if you say you’re in a chemical industry sorry I don’t like you, not personal I don’t like you professionally! Any kind of chemical thing to make a humans life easier makes the earths life harder!

To make all the pollution to basically make a fuel tank not to mention Electric motors all that wiring circuit boards made with gas chamber chemicals and rare earth magnets that no way will last 2-300,000 miles is stupid

RRR reuse, recycle etc.

See these other young folk you know very little about any kind of chemicals with everything that I dealt with all my life when I worked at or did work in factory’s, Machine shops, mills, card, printing, plastic extruding molding machine factories you name it when you would walk in the main area Your eyes would burn from all the chemicals and this is with all kinds of air filters (which I would maintain) air scrubbers, you name it,

I couldn’t even imagine how would be in Third World nations with no restrictions,

Probably about 2 to 300 times more pollution the USA,

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

TURN LEFT!

cake bois

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

Overpriced Parts /

> __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> TURN LEFT!

>

> cake bois

Wut is a cake boy?

Re: Hybrid NASCAR soon,

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡

> ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > TURN LEFT!

>

> >

>

> > cake bois

>

> Wut is a cake boy?

watch clueless

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account