Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Unfortunately, not everyone is educated on women's history in NASA. Nor is everyone diplomatic when being corrected on their lack of education on the aforementioned topic.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Regularly embarrassing, our president is a genuine idiot. But pretty cool that we can celebrate an all female spacewalk. Kinda illustrates how whacky it is that it's even cause for celebration, like you'd hope it was normal, and had happened by now several times, perhaps as many times as an all male spacewalk. But sure, it took til 2019, still a cool step.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Your really scraping the bucket here...

What amazes me is that NASA still has funding.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

It used to be so well funded . NASA does so much more than space too. Like you ever flown on an airplane? Thank's NASA! it's like everyone forgets the "A" part.

But, are you implying they should be defunded? Or were you expressing disapproval at the current defunding efforts already facing NASA? Or suggesting that NASA is grossly mismanaged and a waste of money? Or just negligently overlooking the benefits of funding science in general

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Or just negligently overlooking the benefits of funding science in general

I thought you were open minded buddy? Your witch hunting like the rest of the trolls. My comment is merely observing the fact that the general public seems to almost not care about space exploration / research since the days of the Challenger explosion. It use to be a space craft taking off was big news, while nowadays its not worth pausing your hulu movie on your phone to see one take off. While no part of believes they are 100% efficient with our tax dollars Im not blind to the fact that NASA offers some benefit to tax payers.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

coincidence the launch was 35 mins late this time ???

AHA i kid i kid

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

The general public also doesn't know about the latest advances in the use of monoclonal antibodies to prevent beta-amyloid buildup in the brain but the general public, when asked, probably wouldn't support cutting federal funding for Alzheimer's research either.

And you're right, these OT posts are fucking tiring

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Science may solve one problem and cause another. Stick to the Earth where we belong...LOL!

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

"witch hunt" is a pretty catchy buzzword these days.

But tto your point, of the general public too busy to turn off the hulu movie... which they're watching on cell phones COMPLETELY ENABLED by technology that is the direct result of NASA funding and government support of science. My point was that pretending all NASA does is make a guy walk on the moon for science cred is foolishly overlooking the benefit that it's created.

I was just clarifying your point and i'm still not sure, but I think you're saying that the general public is ignorantly unaware of the importance of science in general and NASA specifically, and that you're "amazed that NASA still has funding." because you are surprised that general public ignorance hasn't carried through to defund scientific programs against their own interests because they don't understand the benefits?

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I was just clarifying your point and i'm still not sure, but I think you're saying that the general public is ignorantly unaware of the importance of science in general and NASA specifically, and that you're "amazed that NASA still has funding." because you are surprised that general public ignorance hasn't carried through to defund scientific programs against their own interests because they don't understand the benefits?

yes

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Overpriced Parts /

I’ll be long gone but we have to keep exploring space to find another planet to destroy with chemists and scientist and plastics Like we did with this one,

I’m sad because when I was growing up as a kid they told us would be having flying jet cars by the year 1990 :(

Everything that was invented to improve our lives, to make lives easier just destroys the planet and health, nothing is created it’s just changed from one form to another at the earths and human cost!

Enter Star Trek show theme song:

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

I think it's the chemists and scientists trying to solve the problem, and most often the greed that's exploited their developments... I heartily disagree that everything invented's destroyed the planet. I mean, if we went back to living in caves yes we'd have less impact but I think there's a comfortable balance and hopeflly we can tip it back towards less destructive practice and human impact.

Like whatabout fertilizer that drastically improved food supplies, or medicine that's extended lives - yeah the balooning polulation as a result is not sustainable but it's a hard argument that we'd be better off letting more people starve or die of curable diseases...

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's the chemists and scientists trying to solve the problem,

> and most often the greed that's exploited their developments... I

> heartily disagree that everything invented's destroyed the planet. I

> mean, if we went back to living in caves yes we'd have less impact but I

> think there's a comfortable balance and hopeflly we can tip it back

> towards less destructive practice and human impact.

>

> Like whatabout fertilizer that drastically improved food supplies, or

> medicine that's extended lives - yeah the balooning polulation as a

> result is not sustainable but it's a hard argument that we'd be better

> off letting more people starve or die of curable diseases...

If you look at the soil around any large US city, there's a big undergound homosexual population.

Des Moines, Iowa, perfect example.

Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.

You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it.

The government says it's due to poor farming, but I know what's really going on.

I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay Martians.

I swear to god.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I thought it was crab people...

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I think it's the chemists and scientists trying to solve the problem,

>

> > and most often the greed that's exploited their developments... I

>

> > heartily disagree that everything invented's destroyed the planet. I

>

> > mean, if we went back to living in caves yes we'd have less impact but

> I

>

> > think there's a comfortable balance and hopeflly we can tip it back

>

> > towards less destructive practice and human impact.

>

> >

>

> > Like whatabout fertilizer that drastically improved food supplies, or

>

> > medicine that's extended lives - yeah the balooning polulation as a

>

> > result is not sustainable but it's a hard argument that we'd be better

>

> > off letting more people starve or die of curable diseases...

>

> If you look at the soil around any large US city, there's a big

> undergound homosexual population.

>

> Des Moines, Iowa, perfect example.

>

> Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.

>

> You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it.

>

> The government says it's due to poor farming, but I know what's really

> going on.

>

> I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens. They're building

> landing strips for gay Martians.

>

> I swear to god.

Ha, and I bet you drive a bitchin Camaro

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’m sad because when I was growing up as a kid they told us would be

> having flying jet cars by the year 1990 :(

>

Ken, you wouldn't want these texters flying into your house,would you? LOL!

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I’m sad because when I was growing up as a kid they told us would be

>

> > having flying jet cars by the year 1990 :(

>

> >

>

> Ken, you wouldn't want these texters flying into your house,would you?

> LOL!

My whole house is a bilevel, it’s almost like a raised ranch, that is kind of low to the ground, it would hit a lot of other houses before mine!

There was like four parasailing people flying overhead several years ago with two-stroke fan powered and two of them landed in the thousand acre woods by me completely missing every house and had to be rescued as well as when chagrin Falls has their hot air balloon festival every year,

It’s like dozens of hot air balloons flying overhead and if you want to do that kind of stuff and expect not to have bad things happen well you’re dealing with the weather and bad things can happen!

I don’t fly, I don’t take buses, or trains, Uber or Lyft, if me or a Family member can’t be behind the wheel I won’t go anywhere past walking distance ever!

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I don’t fly, I don’t take buses, or trains, Uber or Lyft, if me or a

> Family member can’t be behind the wheel I won’t go anywhere past walking

> distance ever!

Thats some upscale paranoia Ken! Are you aware of the fact that flying is actually safer than driving your car? If you really values your families life, you would fly more and drive less.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

I don't want the general public flying anything, look at how poorly most drive? :D

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

If you really values your families life, you would fly more and drive less.

Now wait, jets pollute way more than an automobile. So if you really value your families life you would ride that train to Hawaii

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Trains are sweet, I wish they were better served and better managed. Sucks when they're always late but long train trips are a real fun way to travel, when I can I try to ride a train

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Trains are the best, i can get from here to Amsterdam way faster by train than by car.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you really values your families life, you would fly more and drive

> less.

>

> Now wait, jets pollute way more than an automobile. So if you really

> value your families life you would ride that train to Hawaii

Train to Hawaii...……………...LOL! Green new deal!

`If you build it, they will drown'.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Train to Hawaii...……………...LOL! Green new deal!

And DumDums stupidity shines brightly as he points out he has not read the green new deal, doesn't understand what's it about and got all his information concerning it from FAKE NEWS!

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Train to Hawaii...……………...LOL! Green new deal!

>

> And DumDums stupidity shines brightly as he points out he has not read

> the green new deal, doesn't understand what's it about and got all his

> information concerning it from FAKE NEWS!

What do you have against lollipops Bas? Lollipops are sweet with a stick, unlike that Don guy who is always sour, with a stick up his ass.

0C9A1E6B-C7B6-4687-9B61-FDEBE5CA8955.jpeg

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

sick burn!

i mean that no sarcasm, nice turn.

I do wish we were able to have the same kinds of effective train systems as europe. But we're very spread out, and that complicates it alot. and it's made people very reliant on the personal car and planes for real distance, which in turn makes a train not profitable. whole mentality mismatch

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> sick burn!

>

> i mean that no sarcasm, nice turn.

>

> I do wish we were able to have the same kinds of effective train systems

> as europe. But we're very spread out, and that complicates it alot. and

> it's made people very reliant on the personal car and planes for real

> distance, which in turn makes a train not profitable. whole mentality

> mismatch

I believe the US used to have a very comprehensive rail system that was abandoned under pressure of oil/car companies.

High speed rail can get you places way faster than driving a car, but infrastructure is expensive which would in turn make train tickets pretty pricey.

Trains are so effective here that 1.3 million train trips are taken here every day on a population of 17 million.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

We don't have to pack into a passenger car...……….we have freedom to run ANY of the millions of miles of roads in our Republic. Moped,MC or car.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

Trains rock, but most of our rail service is for freight. Large cities have very well developed rail systems, but between them passenger rail exists, but it is expensive and slow compared to flying, and run by the government so runs at a loss all the time, sad really. Easter Seaboard cities have (from what i have read) pretty good commuter rail from Amtrack. Proud to say Mpls is getting it's second light rail line soon, they had to fight tooth and nail for it, but it is happening, first one was successful beyond all expectation, as here the bus is considered "ghetto" while the train is somehow not. We are light years behind New York or Chicago however when it comes to public transportation, rail service in particular.

Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

I’ve ridden the California Zephyr from Chicago to San Francisco or Reno multiple times. For the price and experience you can’t beat it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account