Re: Cheers to the female astronauts!!

^ I'm not much for travel, but I sure would go by train.....the trip is as interesting as where you end up. If you have the time of course.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

A cross country train ride really does sound awesome. Ive never ridden a passenger train short of the Thomas the Train event with my son.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A cross country train ride really does sound awesome. Ive never ridden a

> passenger train short of the Thomas the Train event with my son.

I'd love to take the Nelsonville fall train ride. We were talking about it just a few days ago.

We do have a pretty good train system and historically did also but really it's a chicken and egg, where the spread of towns made trains ineffective and favor cars, i mean we're a huge country, and there's a lot of spread out nothing. town centers got pretty broad. then the favoring of cars made cities and suburbs spread out to the point it'd be very difficult to come back from. Like alot of european cities and towns are closer together, i just mean the downtowns, cuz they were built around a time whenyou rode horses and walked. most american cities were built after the car, or at least really grew after the car. it's a big part of why old cities here like boston, new york, even chicago have a very different feel than LA or Austin or Atlanta. it's all denser, closer together, by consequense - much better train systems and public transit. And less parking.

meanwhile last train i took in europe was mannheim to frankfurt, it was cheaper than an uber across town and left about hourly within walking distance from either my work or my suite. when i wanted to goto berlin, several options, about the same time as driving, meet people, hang out, drink.

trains are fun. US trains aren't as fun.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account