Facebook

Angry Hipster /

So I've been off Facebook for about a month now in order to focus on my own business and not pay attention to what others are doing.

The last straw for me was reading some bro post that wrongly told people how to live their lives. It was so wrong in fact that Einstein himself had a quote that went directly against the bro quote I was reading.

Then I thought about responding and how well that would go over, and then I thought I have my life in order, I've worked, I'm sitting here at my own house on my precious time off and Why am I reading this nonsense?

Since quitting Facebook, I have noticed an improved general sense of well being, and some productivity increases. I still spend a lot of time here, but at least it is a hobby I am interested in.

Now I am thinking about going back in order to use Facebook Marketplace. I've got some good deals off there and have managed to sell quite a few things with no drama.

I'll have to practice restraint when it comes to checking Facebook and remind myself that I shouldn't really pay attention to my friends on there, they're living their lives and that's good for them. Why should I know when/where they go out or what they buy or such?

I also think I was annoying my Facebook pals with pictures of my mopeds and stuff, which I imagine is more welcome here anyway. Sometimes my posts of cool things I'm working on might seem like I'm bragging or flaunting my "talent" to the average people I know.

In truth I was just trying to keep track of the things I've done. Maybe I'll use this place or a blog or something for my mechanical doings and just use Facebook for the Marketplace.

Also, the Facebook groups are legit, they have a lot of cool people and information there. They are a good thing as long as you pick the right groups.

So in conclusion there is good and bad to Facebook. And it must be used carefully because it is easy to get hooked on wondering what everyone is doing all of the time instead of reading a book or doing something constructive. It can be an addictive form of procrastination.

Just my thoughts.

Re: Facebook

i was off FB for a long time. i recently got back on. before i did, i deleted all my content, i never post, and don't spend a lot of time reading shit that my FB friends post. i'm on for the purposes of staying current with local events, checking out the car pages, and having access to marketplace.

Never heard of it..

Social media is simply awful. The market place thing I could understand....but the rest of it is another step in the dumbing down of society. Worry about your own life, not what others are doing. There must be HUGE voids in many peoples lives for face book, twatter, instawhatever, to be so popular. People also must have a LOT of free time.

> Ana L. of the Aurora Roras Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Never heard of it..

They used to call it space book

me, faceplace free for 4+ years, never happier. instagame is just a place to catalogue my bikes, and follow NO ONE....forge forward......market place/fleece bay, got no time..fuckum, fo real!!! go out in the world embrace it....magic happens.....keep it real......yeah i've had a few beers, and shouldn't be posting. ten, twenty years down the road you would have wished you spent your money, and time on something that really mattered...my 2 cents

i use facepage to stay in contact with certain communities. all the hobbies im into , tech support for a new bike i might pick up or car. i hate to say it but facebook marketplace is great... like CL but wayyy better and it has ratings of people

it's great to have a US based nissan skyline community that i can ask a question to and have an answer within minutes instead of trying to translate japanese or wait days or longer on a forum... you really cant argue it. getting an answer instantly is great when your working on something - take a piss break, come back, see what you needed to know, and keep at it. social media has a LOT of downfalls for society, but the plus' are pretty great too

back in the day you'd have to drive down to the store and ask the guys there. if they didnt know, well... your SOL until you figure it out or ask enough people. now, what do you want to know? google at your fingertips...

I like MySpace and will not bother with that FaceBook knock off site, it is just a new fad thing and will never replace the best social media place on the webnet. FaceBook is not a great place, I did try it but takes forever to load on my Netscape Navigator, I have better things to do with all of the bandwidth I have available tha to wait for a page to load. I thought the slowness was my connection but my dialup modem is providing a full 48k so it is the crappy platform.

Yeah it’s free, U get what u pay for.

I’d like to ask this question on FB.

How much was gasoline before the USA became the biggest exporter? Same

Dirty30 Dillon /

I deleted Facebook in 2008 I think? It was a good decision that I stand by.

IG is enough social media for me.

IMG_0534.jpg

the words market place effects me viscerally......i jumped off fb right before it was a thing....never needed it anyway, and was just given a roached tomos 2 days ago. yes i still have them with the exception of 4, but replaced by 10 more (old pic), yes they all run, before you all get your panties in a bunch because of hoarding. a lot were free, they get used for family/friends rides in the state park down the street, no not all tagged but have a legit plate expired in my name. everyone is instructed they are test driving for purchase. i've never been confronted about it anyway. all are lovingly stored in a climate controlled environment. i only use snapchat to let my kids, and wife know what i'm up to. my internet use has been cut by 90%. i cruz this site, cl, treats, dos,google thats it. the world is my oyster. no one is out there. pretty happy about that. ride damn near er day year round......oh, and i was forced to have a cell phone or i wouldn't have that announce either...

> A Zed Wrote:

> facebook is a useful tool to counter-troll prolific trolls of the MA OT.

> >

lol............and then there's that.....all the prepubescents......lol......having a hard time distinguishing whats worse.........lol.......nice looking family.......

Jimmy Cincinnati /

facebook is a useful tool to counter-troll prolific trolls of the MA OT.

Why is this cool? I really tried to build a bridge between us at one point but man you take things too far. Are you not capable of just debating someone or ignoring them?

EpicHandshake25102019153226.jpg

Oh, wtf

c'mon guys

Not sure who those peeps are but that kinda shit just ain't too cool

marketplace is sweet. I've sold more shit more quickly and more easily with that than craigslist. I mean i still use CL too, but FB usually wins it.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> marketplace is sweet. I've sold more shit more quickly and more easily

> with that than craigslist. I mean i still use CL too, but FB usually

> wins it.

no dispute.......i don't sell stuff......i quit buying mopeds unless i stumble on something sweet, and can get to it first.....i'm into purge mode on most everything else but the bikes. i tend to go down the list of resources. then give it away. i've got to many friends who take the stuff, and are happy about it. my wife has a dear friend Rose Lounsbury. i dig the shit out of this lady.....she is a true inspiration on a path i was already following. minimalist to save you time of possible curiosity.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> Why is this cool? I really tried to build a bridge between us at one

> point but man you take things too far. Are you not capable of just

> debating someone or ignoring them?

>

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> Oh, wtf

>

> c'mon guys

>

> Not sure who those peeps are but that kinda shit just ain't too cool

Relax, kids...It's just a couple of random FB pics from some random idiot's profile who happens to also be an MA user. I didn't mention his name, nor did I disclose his MA user name. Most posters on this thread have absolutely no idea who this said idiot even is.

Moral of the story...If you're going to come on Moped Army, act like a fool, troll users, and pollute the forum with your crackpot political and religious views, you might want to make sure your true identity doesn't get disclosed.(edited)

You don’t tell me what to do fuck face.

Overpriced Parts /

> Ana L. of the Aurora Roras Wrote:

> You don’t tell me what to do fuck face.

Yep he he is just a troll!

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> Why is this cool? I really tried to build a bridge between us at one

> point but man you take things too far. Are you not capable of just

> debating someone or ignoring them?

K-evil=A Zed is always going to be despicable, Jimmy. He goes into Facebook and posts images of my family, of which images I treasure.

Truth is, he's an internet bully,which means COWARD.

Hates anyone with values.

I tried to quit facebook several times, and always came crawling back... It tempts me with promises of social interaction and connectivity, and then crushes me with how wonderful other people's lives appear and how no one responds to my not so peachy life.

The last straw was getting into some political debate with someone on FB... and I was stuck thinking, I love this person too much to unfriend them, but I can't stay silent while he spews this stuff... so I left.

This time, I didn't just log off for a while, or de-activate my account. To make sure I wouldn't come back, I went in and manually deleted everything before deleting my account. Now I've been facebook-sober for 9 months!

...except that then I discovered Discord...(edited)

Angry Hipster /

I don't like booming as much as the next person. Politics/Religion are things I don't want to hear about as well, but Don does not deserve this and certainly his innocent family doesn't either!!

Basically, Azed is trying to police Don's postings/behavior by terrorizing, which seems Nazi like!

I'll admit I put up a person's picture who was trying to SCAM a bunch of people, but even then no family and I apologized and had it taken down.

Just because someone is being a loudmouth and posting stuff that doesn't belong doesn't give you the right to police them via posting their family on here!!

That's what the report button is for and it's not like Azed isn't fucking up the OT himself with political crap that gets taken off by the mods!!!!!

Azed should apologize for stooping to the level of MA Nazi. Don should have the freedom to post without fear of family photos being put on here!!!

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Nazi doesn't get banned himself due to this! It is really fucked up.(edited)

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> K-evil=A Zed is always going to be despicable, Jimmy. He goes into

> Facebook and posts images of my family, of which images I treasure.

If I can access the information you post on FB from my computer 2,000 miles away from you, not being connected with you on FB, that is your own fault. If these are images [you] treasure, you may want to consider protecting them a little bit better, as it appears that anyone on the internet can access them. Consider changing your privacy settings. That, and you have pissed so many people off on this forum that someone had posted your real name on here quite a while ago. The fact that you use your real name on your FB account (which is foolish, IMHO), and you make your location public (including having your zip code included in your MA user name) tells me you aren't too concerned about privacy. Therefore, you get what you deserve.

>

> Truth is, he's an internet bully,

The truth is that you are the internet bully. Ever since I've had the displeasure of reading your posts in the OT, they have contained nothing but your self-righteous convictions on every subject from mopeds (how knowledgable you are about them), scooters (how you hate them), and cars (how the ones you like are the only ones worth having), to your political and religious views (citing Fox News stories and Bible quotes to an audience who has told you time and time again that they're not interested in your opinions on the aforementioned subjects). Yet you not only continue to foist your views onto people (often times in an abrasive manner), but you pull the victim card when someone offers a retort that is equally abrasive in nature.

>

> Hates anyone with values.

I don't hate anyone, and I definitely don't have a problem with folks who possess what are in my opinion good values. I do however have a strong disdain for people who claim themselves to be Christians, yet don't actually act according to the teachings of Christ. You, sir, are such a person, and IMHO, you do not possess good values whatsoever. Conversely, you are nothing but a charlatan and a bigot. It's people like you who give people like me a bad opinion about Christians (fortunately, all Christians aren't like you, but unfortunately, there is no shortage of those who are).

>

> which means COWARD.

Although I have never claimed to be some sort of bad-ass, I am definitely not a coward. I would gladly say that which I type to you here to your face if given the opportunity to do so. As luck might have it, it just so happens that I may be taking on a new job this coming year that could allow me to do some extensive traveling. When I make my way to the Chillocothe/Jackson, OH area, I would gladly meet up with you in a safe, public place, and engage in face-to-face discourse with you. If this is something you yourself are not too much of a coward to submit to doing, please feel free to send me a PM.(edited)

giphy9.gif

^ can I get some ? :D

Angry Hipster /

"The fact that you use your real name on your FB account (which is foolish, IMHO), and you make your location public (including having your zip code included in your MA user name) tells me you aren't too concerned about privacy. Therefore, you get what you deserve."

Ok, so by this logic if you leave your moped outside unlocked you deserve to have it stolen. That makes sense, but the thief/doxxer is still being really shitty and is worse than the negligent person.

And that's what we have here. You are being incredibly shitty by putting up pictures of him and his family just because he trolls OT, has an open facebook, and makes stupid/mean posts.(edited)

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> "The fact that you use your real name on your FB account (which is

> foolish, IMHO), and you make your location public (including having your

> zip code included in your MA user name) tells me you aren't too

> concerned about privacy. Therefore, you get what you deserve."

>

> Ok, so by this logic if you leave your moped outside unlocked you

> deserve to have it stolen. That makes sense, but the thief/doxxer is

> still being really shitty and is worse than the negligent person.

Your logic appears to be flawed, and your analogy isn't accurate. Going on the internet and pilfering unprotected content that anyone can see, and that is not copyrighted, then reposting it, is not a crime. Stealing someone's physical property is.

>

> And that's what we have here. You are being incredibly shitty by putting

> up pictures of him and his family just because he trolls OT, has an open

> facebook, and makes stupid/mean posts.

Yes, that's what we have here. Trolling begats trolling, and stupid/mean posts begat stupid/mean posts.(edited)

Angry Hipster /

Ok yes, I admit you are right in that it isn't a crime. So maybe it wasn't the best analogy.

But you posting his family's picture is beyond trolling, and being mean. It is taking it to an even worse level. Which he doesn't deserve even if he is booming and being mean.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed by simon.