So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Not at the bar lol, but in my parking lot, super dark out, I was outside pretending to smoke, ( I quit a few yrs ago) It walked right up to me and dropped the half rabbit in it's mouth at my feet. WTF, I went inside to calm my cat who was howling at both of us, fox could care less, picked up the half rabbit and carried on. Tell me we are not encroaching on animals habitats.

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Had one in my Neihbor's yard the other day, was making some crazy noises, thought it was a rooster at first. Until my dog went completely nuts, glad I have a fence in the back

IMG_2510.JPG

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

We see one on our morning carpool journey semi-regularly. He’s the resident fox over by the elementary school, and someone over there feeds him hot dogs!!! Seen him several times with like 3-4 wieners in his mouth just trotting down the road..... here he is a few weeks ago before the snow started

B1DAB0E8-33CB-4147-82D1-731A5F918873.jpeg

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Seen him several times with like 3-4 wieners in his mouth just trotting down the road.....

Sounds like you need to hire more foxes; pimping those furry little dudes out sounds profitable.

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Alright, looks like dick jokes are covered. Thanks. Well played Jimmie. At least you’re consistent.

Edit: Dicks Or politics! Can’t have a thread without one spewing on about the other. (edited)

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Alright, looks like dick jokes are covered. Thanks. Well played Jimmie.

> At least you’re consistent.

>

> Edit: Dicks Or politics! Can’t have a thread without one spewing on

> about the other.

The only thing this thread lacks thus far is Don Ohio getting on here and talking about shooting foxes. (edited)

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Alright, looks like dick jokes are covered. Thanks. Well played Jimmie. At least you’re consistent.

I was seriously just trying to be funny and give you a laugh... you guys take things so serious. There are some people on this site Im guessing I just can not be civil with??

The only thing this thread lacks thus far is Don Ohio getting on here and talking about shooting foxes.

Come on, that wont happen. You say it yourself, the man loves fox news so why would he shoot at them?

And the thread is missing one other thing...

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Overpriced Parts /

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

How could anyone want to shoot or trap one of these....or want to wear it for that matter

20190601_162822.jpg
20190601_162824.jpg
20190601_165745.jpg

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Ive always wondered why we dont see foxes as pets? Im guessing temperament is the issue, or they are very distructive. Same with Raccoons.

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ive always wondered why we dont see foxes as pets? Im guessing

> temperament is the issue, or they are very distructive. Same with

> Raccoons.

Because they stink exactly like a skunk once they are no longer a pup baby...

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Oh yeah, and fox are nocturnal...so while you are trying to get some long deserved sleep, they are having a lot of fun tearing up everything within in your home.. Red Fox are not quite as nocturnal as Gray fox so you are much more likely to see one during daytime hours. (edited)

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Wow....

This dude is healthy. Great looking coat and tail.

I see em all the time in Indiana. Although they usually have more red in their coats.

moped-army-e55f609ea6b38f89d5fd97915e65a95a.jpg

(edited)

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Alright, looks like dick jokes are covered. Thanks. Well played Jimmie.

> At least you’re consistent.

>

> Edit: Dicks Or politics! Can’t have a thread without one spewing on

> about the other.

You beat me to the punch, touche!

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

> Don M Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh yeah, and fox are nocturnal...so while you are trying to get some

> long deserved sleep, they are having a lot of fun tearing up everything

> within in your home.. Red Fox are not quite as nocturnal as Gray fox so

> you are much more likely to see one during daytime hours.

Ever see a red fox with gray hair up there?

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

There was a wild black fox that walked up to me in New Jersey a couple times. At first I thought it was a cat but it wasn't meowing. I later looked it up and it seemed like a fox. No bad luck for me.

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

I have four black cats and number 13 is NOT an unlucky number, in fact its my favorite. Superstitions are for the weak minded. Like Stevie Wonder said,

"When you believe in things

That you don't understand,

Then you suffer,

Superstition aint the way"

20180405_190416.jpg

> kenny s Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There was a wild black fox that walked up to me in New Jersey a couple

> times. At first I thought it was a cat but it wasn't meowing. I later

> looked it up and it seemed like a fox. No bad luck for me. (edited)

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

It amazed me how unfazed he was to see me, I thought they didn't like humans, while I would not call him tame, he was not worried about me at all.

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Wouldn't bother to shoot a fox...……...coyotes have almost made them extinct around here.

Now any coyote...…..dead on arrival. Sorry, animal lovers! LOL!

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I just saw one tonight on my way to get creamer for my coffee 4 a.m. on a back road half a block from the hood I mean it's an urban area and it has an industrial section before the river in the woods and the fox was less than a half a block from the major highway it seems like they're not afraid of traffic and stuff like deer...

BTW repetitive contact with fox urine will create schizophrenia

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Yeah - fox puppies are cute and all, but if you have chickens they will attack the hen house repeatedly until they have gotten them all. Foxes will raid all of the livestock they can take on even when they are not hungry. They will dig a hole, piss on them, then bury them, and go for the next one. Unfortunately even if you ask nice they will not go away or relocate, so if you have chickens you do not want a fox around.

Puppy2.jpg

Not just chickens, they are also very efficient at ridding the area of boxes of kittens, house cats and puppies that assholes drop off in the country and drive off...

...just saying...

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Good to know.

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah - fox puppies are cute and all, but if you have chickens they will

> attack the hen house repeatedly until they have gotten them all. Foxes

> will raid all of the livestock they can take on even when they are not

> hungry. They will dig a hole, piss on them, then bury them, and go for

> the next one. Unfortunately even if you ask nice they will not go away

> or relocate, so if you have chickens you do not want a fox around.

>

> Not just chickens, they are also very efficient at ridding the area of

> boxes of kittens, house cats and puppies that assholes drop off in the

> country and drive off...

>

> ...just saying...

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

I was laying outside in the AZ desert one night about 20yrs ago, looking at the sky. I hear tch tch tch tch... a couple wild dogs ran right past me. Dumb ass me, I whistled,, one of them turns his head and stops. Oh shiT moment when he comes running at me from about 100ft away. The dog stopped and sat down on its ass in front of me. I slowly walked to the car and grabbed a few honey buns. I never seen an animal eat like that! The dog ate the buns savoring every bite, chewing and swallowing before biting off more. Very friendly, then it sat outside staring at the door for about an hour. My goofy dog will clear a bowl of food in a minute! Hahaa

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

One of our riders has a pet swift fox who's pretty chill. Saw a coyote less than 200ft from my house tonight so gonna have to keep a closer eye on the pugs and mutts now. Watched him chase a deer right up to the road, but then he turned around and just kinda walked off.

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

> A Boy Named Britchez ... Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> One of our riders has a pet swift fox who's pretty chill. Saw a coyote

> less than 200ft from my house tonight so gonna have to keep a closer eye

> on the pugs and mutts now. Watched him chase a deer right up to the

> road, but then he turned around and just kinda walked off.

Be listening late at night for the sounds of "wild dogs" crying, barking and howling. You will most likely hear more than one. (edited)

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/26/us/coyotes-are-colonizing-cities-step-forward-the-urban-hunter.html

My kind of guy....kill em all and let God sort them out! We had em killed out once during the old days, but I guess someone who knew better than us reintroduced them? LOL!

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

I live in Millbrae, CA which is close to the San Francisco Airport and have only seen a fox in my yard (I back up to open space) once in 30 years but I see coyotes at least once a week.

Mike

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Any hunting season on coyotes in Califunny? Ohio considers them vermin ,or used to.

Re: So, I saw a wild fox tonight...

Rural life: any vermin that is a danger to livestock is in season 365¼ days a year as long as it is on your AG property or a AG property you have permission to manage.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Any hunting season on coyotes in Califunny? Ohio considers them vermin

> ,or used to.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account