Two stroke oil in your car's fuel tank??

Angry Hipster /

So while I was doing some two stroke oil research I came across some people claiming that it's a good idea to add marine two stroke oil (TC-W3) to the fuel tank of your car. They claim it has all sorts of benefits including "smoother running engine/more power/better MPG"

They say to add one ounce to 4/5 gallons of fuel

Idk, wild stuff, but it kind of makes sense, I just thought it would be great to get people who are so familiar with 2cycle engines, and oils take on it.

Here are some links about it.

LS1 club link

Maxima forum

Ecomodder

Re: Two stroke oil in your car's fuel tank??

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

With rotary cars some people pre mix

Overpriced Parts /

My old Dodge Caravan actually my wife’s old Dodge Caravan I would get rid of old gasoline and pre-mix a few times a year and nothing happened,

Actually my wife ended up driving the car for 5 miles (maybe more) with absolutely no coolant in it whatsoever because the rear heater lines rusted out and dumped all the antifreeze out, she made it home with the overheating alarm ringing and the temperature gauge dead and the engine did not fail,

The night before I dumped a year old 1-1/2 gallons of 40-50 to one premix with synthetic two cycle oil in the 1/4-1/3 of tank of gas that was in the van’s tank,

Next day I bypassed the rear heater lines, put a few gallons of antifreeze in it it was good to go for another year before everything else rusted out and failed, then we junked the car,

The engine still ran perfect used only a half a quart of oil if that between oil changes but every other system and the whole underneath the van was rusted beyond belief,

I've only done it on carbed engines, and then only to get rid of old premix. I have had a few cars that burned so much oil they may well have been 2 stroke... :D

I pour old premix in my truck sometimes, just to get rid of it. Have never noticed it make any difference.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Would save your Apex Seals

Yea same for me as riff, I'll dump old gas into the car, big enough tank dilute enough it's kinda whatever. I wouldn't claim it's good tho, Probably adds to deposits, definitely can wreck your cat, but in small amounts its not bad.

They make great engine additives for upper cylinder lubrication and un-sticking rings.

That would be better than adding 2-stroke oil to a fuel-injected, computer-controlled

fuel system.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Gwill you shouldn't be feeding 2 stroke to your cat

2 stroke Honda Civic

dri-powr-vintage-oil-gas-cans-1956_1_ccf210ce9d707d080e3dc82dcd99e831.jpg

One ounce in 5 gallons = 640:1 so it is like homeopathy for your 4 stroke

Angry Hipster /

Also it should be noted that the people call for TWC-3 spec oil instead of TC.

Maybe the lower running temps of the water cooled engines?

so, as a rotary owner i can dabble on that bit. you pre mix if you delete you OMP or oil metering pump. this was a rod that connected to your throttle body and would pump oil into the TB from the pan!! this would make rotaries require more frequent oil changes. Mazda did this bc they couldnt sell the car as "hey small side note, you need to pour oil in your tank whenever you fill up. gucci? cool"

yeah naw, people wouldnt wanna do that or forget/neglect and BOOM goes rotary.

us gear heads however dont want gross oil pan oil being used to lubricate the apex seals in the engine so we delete the OMP/rod/lines and switch to premixing.

Also when the OMP would fail there would be no signs, your engine would just seize lol

rotaries are CAR PEOPLE cars. they're really cool and very simple once you understand them. with the OMP still hooked up you can pre mix 1/2 oz per gal in your tank. if you delete it, you should run 1oz per gal in your tank. idr what the ratio's are

Josiah Radebaugh /

Thats like 110:1

I've seen like 2 Rx8's sitting in peoples driveways looking as if they haven't been driven in quite some time. Wonder why... I would love to get a hold of a rotary...

ran a full tank drained from my boat, chevy 4 cylinder s-10 with TBI. ran great , actually made the motor a little quieter. also got a lot better fuel economy like 12-15% more. the gas was preseason gas from the past year, premix regular at about 45-1 using merc oil. to this day even in my new trucks i pour old premix in and random 2 stroke oil

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thats like 110:1

>

> I've seen like 2 Rx8's sitting in peoples driveways looking as if they

> haven't been driven in quite some time. Wonder why... I would love to

> get a hold of a rotary...

rx8's suck tbh. well they handle fcking amazing, but the engines suck. it's still labelled a 13b like all the rx7's but it's a 13b renesis engine, it was re-designed for emissions and... well, it's just terrible.

84/85 GSLSE fb's, 86-93 FC's and all fd's are and Can be Great cars!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account