My mother is rolling over. Days of Our Lives cancelled

The sand appears to be leaking out of the hourglass.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the producers of Days of Our Lives have released the entire cast from their contracts, with the venerable soap set to go on an indefinite hiatus at month’s end. While the NBC sudser has not been cancelled, the unprecedented — and decidedly ominous — move comes at a precarious time for ratings-challenged Days and the vanishing soap genre as a whole. It also comes as Sony Pictures Television and NBC are in negotiations to renew series.

This was the only soap my mother ever watched and for those who remember the old shows my father served with Mcdonald Carey as a gunner aboard a B25 during WW2 in the south pacific

Re: My mother is rolling over. Days of Our Lives cancelled

Likely the same sadness prevailed on December 28, 1984 when ABC pulled the plug on The Edge of Night...

BooHoo! Who watches that tripe? LOL!

Overpriced Parts /

Spanish soap operas is where its at

2EDE88CC-77F3-4A2A-AE98-CD8F58F1F33F.jpeg

Time to diversify from soaps, try some classic Looney Tunes in a foreign language...

Bugs Bunny - Der wahnsinnige Wikinger (Zeichentrick) is mildly amusing...

Bugs Bunny y Sam - Bugs en el desierto del Sahara (Audio Latino) is excellent because Yosamite Sam sounds major pissed in Spanish...

video: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ypesj[/video] Or hit up Bugs bunny et blacque Jacque Shellacque-de l'or au nord at about 4:50 where Jacques gets a call from Fifi from Montreal,its comedy gold!!! [video]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7jrjm2

Now we'll never see Dr. Drake Ramoray again :(

Now so many aspects of the genre have merged with actually good television "dramas" etc. What made them I think so endearing were the long continuous storylines and subplots and cliffhangers, which is about every show now. I mean you could pretty well consider game of thrones a fantasy action soap opera. complete with "OMG HE'S HER BROTHER!!!"

What a trip, but the type of show it is is from the past, granted a past I miss, but people don't have the patience today to follow a show for years, cripes a "season" today is 4-5 episodes?!? Not even a full year, so yeah, to be expected. My grandma used to watch it, I can still hear the theme in my mind today. (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Ray Donovan and Blue bloods, though opposite ends of the spectrum to each other One being a crime family and the later being a law family are a good watch,

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Now we'll never see Dr. Drake Ramoray again :(

I loled

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account