Re: Let The Good Times Roll

HEY! Let’s talk about something besides Coronavirus. My new cylinder hone came from Amazon, so I honed the new cast iron cylinder out proper. Cleaned up beautiful.

image.jpg

I also got the stuck piston free from the old cylinder after a few weeks soaking. The aluminum cylinder is shot tho. Plating came off where the rings seized. Glad I found this cast iron one. I removed the rings after soaking with PB blaster, and thoroughly cleaned the piston.

image.jpg

I think I’m gonna run it for now, rather than spending ~$100 on a new one. It has some light scratching on the skirt, but I’ll sand that out. It also has some pitting around the outside edge of the crown. I don’t know what from, but it doesn’t look like anything was hitting it & both rings were intact. I think I’ll sand that a bit too, put new rings in and run it. F it, it’s just mopeds.

Yes! Forget the corona virus. Shut off the TV and get out and DO something like Evil Knievel here.

I'm re-wiring the bathroom to separate it from the living room thru 2 new breakers.

Bummer working in that Florida attic though. Live yer life! Ride mopeds!

Pushrod Fifty /

I got my rijid hone in from Amazon and started out with a Honda 90 cylinder that was rusty. Coming out good so far, I have to take it .50 over because of a big rust spot but its holding concentricity well.

I converted the attic into a living space in my old place during the heat of the summer. It sucked but I was between jobs. Took alot of ride breaks to ease the pain.

My attic is only 4' high in the center. You can barely sit up in it. Mostly crawling.

Nobody cares about your attic, Don. Get off my thread.

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nobody cares about your attic, Don. Get off my thread.

Gladly! Until I'm attacked. LOL!...………………….. `Let the GOOD TIMES ROLL!'

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Nobody cares about your attic, Don. Get off my thread.

>

> Gladly! Until I'm attacked. LOL!...………………….. `Let the GOOD TIMES ROLL!'

Sorry, Don. You rubbed me wrong right off the bat this morning, but my comment was unnecessary. I apologize.

It's okay.

Overpriced Parts /

I wouldn’t run the piston without seeing how it fits, Plus it’s shot, it’s probably going to be too loose causing piston slap or too tight, damaging your new cylinder, I’d contact/send the cylinder to Wiseco and have them fit a piston to it. Shame to go through all that work for nothing,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account