Re: Got me a big OLD 2stroke

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^ but only for a little bit right, I mean what is the point of leaving

> the light on to come back to a dead battery? Maybe a non=us regulation?

> Never heard of this "feature" before.

that and you gotta leave the key in it ? key is only removed in the first position (most left)

No, that you can leave it with the taillight on? Can't figure out why you would do that?

cool! thats real old

Pushrod Fifty /

Never had an issue with dead battery leaving it on for a few hours.

^ Really, ok, but what is the purpose of having it on while parked? (not being a smart ass, just never heard of this).

If you break down on the road at night you can leave just the tail light on so it can be seen

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, it's not hard to imagine. My XL has this, so it's not Euro only.

I've used it before. Obviously you don't leave the bike unattended with the key in and lights on.

Well you don't have to leave it but it is a way to be seen at night without the headlight on also

I am sure that if you look at the Head Light there will be a small bulb in there that is "ON" in the park mode. It is the same for my T-20. But I can remove the Key in that position. For me the Tail Light is on and a small build in the head lamp.

These old two strokes are a load of fun.

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you break down on the road at night you can leave just the tail light

> on so it can be seen

Yep my 72 Honda 500four had that and I used it more than once.

Huh, never knew that, and still don't "get" the need for it, but whatever, it's a great looking bike, enjoy! :)

Pushrod Fifty /

I got a hit and run on my bike while parallel parked at night. It has e flashers, I didn't have them on. Lucy for me it landed on the bumper of a car parked in front, taking the load off of the fall. Only damage was my mirror, which I was able to bend back.

The taillight thing is almost always just a lil past locked. like on at 3 o'clock, off at 12 o'clock, parking lock at 9 o'clock, and a little farther past is parking lock w/ brake light at like 10 o'clock. Yea presumably to be seen at night if you've got to leave it on the roadside. Apparently it's a law that you have to have a parking light available even when the key is removed in some euro countries. modern bikes still have it, but not on the key switch anymore, usually just some series of holding down buttons to get the taillight to stay on.

Only thing i've ever used that "feature" for though was to be really pissed when I accidentally turned the key too far and didnt notice til the battery died. Still - worst case you bump start it and have dimmer than usual lights for 10 minutes?

Pushrod Fifty /
1584203040122-1347941056.jpg

Chris, Is your Yamaha still running on autolube or are you premixing? My Suz is premix, I've been mixing 25:1 and seems fine. The PE was mixing 32:1 and sounded a little rattly. I put some aluminum anodized flat bars on it.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

>

> Chris, Is your Yamaha still running on autolube or are you premixing? My

> Suz is premix, I've been mixing 25:1 and seems fine. The PE was mixing

> 32:1 and sounded a little rattly. I put some aluminum anodized flat bars

> on it.

she's still running autolube, but i toss a little oil in the tank just to be safe. more smoke more smiles aha

Pushrod Fifty /

I rode the 250 all weekend. It runs really good and it sounds awesome. I had it out in the twisty back roads and on some long and straight rural roads jusy cruising 60-65 and it does it all very well. The 25:1 mix seems fine.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account