**ATTN 3D PRINTER OWNERS**

Your country needs you right now.

Our coastal cities are at or near capacity with COVID cases and in NYC they're burning through 40k masks a day.

FORTY. THOUSAND. DISPOSABLE. MASKS. EVERY. DAY.

If you're in a major city please try to contact your nearest/largest hospital network and see what and where supplies are needed.

If you have a printer, here's a link to several open source files that can be used to make reusable masks and respirators that are desperately needed.

https://cults3d.com/en/collections/useful-3d-printed-coronavirus-covid19-tool

Even if you don't have a printer local area hospitals are asking for crafters to sew masks for their staff.

When this is all over we can argue about the "how" and "why" this happened (j/k we all KNOW it's President Donald J. Diaper's fault 100%) but right now redirect that anger into action.

Remember that the Hague took care of the Nazis when the war ended, and we'll sure as shit take care of Trump and his dumb as shit MAGAt brownshirts when this ends too.

Re: **ATTN 3D PRINTER OWNERS**

I dunno if I would say 100%. China could have acted differently and stopped this thing of they listened to the doctors instead of repremanding them. I kinda feel like if trump layed down the law when this first started and locked us down. It could have ended up speeding up the spread..I mean enough asses are ignoring self quaranteening already.who knows.

That being said, I don't like they guy and his inaction is unforgivable....

VERY cool project. Can 3d prints be sanitised is an autoclave?

That's 100% grade A bullshit but i really dont give a fuck what you believe or not about Trump.

Call your local hospitals and doctors NOW!

Just history and your grandkids will remember who's side you were on.

It probably is.lol luckily I'm not a politician and just musing on a moped forum.

I just meant to say no one person is 100% at fault for this. I Diddnt mean to set you off if I did.

Just trying to talk about it. I'm finding it hard to balance being informed and not losing my mind.

Yeah, I'm sorry Aaron

and I'm not yelling at YOU just sort of screaming into a fucking void right now

It's just that where I live it probably has the highest concentration per square mile of top tier medical facilites on the planet and the nurses and doctors here are petrified

Be safe, Aaron.(edited)

Sall good. I know the feeling, I'm a caregiver in Washington....can't even go see my doctor to talk about the anxiety. They shut down the clinic! What a clusterfuck

Seems a good thing to rally people for support on this but i think there are certain guide lines and channels would have to be taken to provide the masks to be used ....they would probably have to be checked for certain health related conditions where they are made along with being made to safety standards ..(edited)

I think that's all explained in the link with the files as far as what materials can be used and for which ventilator design you print.

Once printed, most of them can be sterilized and re-used by the same person with periodic paper filter changes.

Again, contact your nearest health care provider to make the most impact you can locally.

And be safe, Pops!

BUMP

everyone go dig through all your piles of random shit and look for unused masks then please use this site to find your nearest hospital or healthcare network accepting masks and exactly which types they're accepting and how to drop off (or some are even picking masks up so people dont have to leave their homes)

https://findthemasks.com

Looks like they also accept gloves. I'm gonna call my local hospital here in Bremerton tomorrow. Maybe the kidney center too.

In this whole caregiver career thing I have inadvertently stockpiled ALOT of nitrile and powdered latex gloves, well boxes of gloves. Get them every month....maybe not any more tho...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account