Re: Nighthawk cb250 budget build

Jimmy Cincinnati /

as in starts but wont stay running simple carb

Im not saying the bike isnt worth it nor are you capable, but that bike would have 4 carbs that require being sync'd together. Its a headache i wouldnt want, so my vote is pass! Or buy it, do basically nothing to it and sell it for a couple hundro profit???

Granted my father has an 81 GS750E and i hate that motorcycle... its big, heavy, and slow for what it is. So my opinion might be a little tainted on older 70's / 80's 4 cylinder motorcycles.

I have had my share of inline 4's, I've got a maxim 650 i'm currently assembling too that's nearly done. If I didnt have that I'd be getting this one, they're such comparable bikes tho, mid cc 80s japanese cruisers with inline 4, even a matching black

My last true love was a seca 550 i sold to a pal in DC, it was my ride or die bike, i rode it thousands of miles and put tons of work in it, I had another I fixed and sold while I had mine. But I let it go last fall, right about when I picked up this Maxim...

But youre right, it's definitely a headache I dont need.

Pushrod Fifty /

Inline 4s are a headache. Especially if and when carb work is needed. Most of them were beat on and have little compression left. The correct carb parts are hard to find. Early 80s Virago makes a nice cafe racer.

Starter's suck on Virago's, but are cool bikes.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea they are clanky but there are fixes for them.

I know, some shim kit or something.....did one on a bike I got for free yrs ago.....would have kept it, but needed the money! :)

Had a CB 750 when I was around 18...no title, no plate, some crazy 4 into one pipe with no baffle, jetted accordingly....a switch to kill the lights, EXCEPT the huge round driving light set mounted one in each of the touring bike crash bars....cafe bars, no fender....total mad max ride, ran like a raped ape, used av-gas....burned plugs up like crazy....but oh man....used to drag the crash bars on clover leaves....took it out for late night blasts....out ran the cops twice before parting it out....it would have killed me, or put me in prison! ;) I think it was a '74? can't remember.

Pushrod Fifty /

Those were the wild days.

I was insane back then, amazing I'm alive, bought that beast from a guy who was leaving the state for "legal" reasons....I'm sure it was stolen....asked about paper-work and plate and he says "Uh, I don't think I got any"...yeah, today I would run from such a deal...lol, back then after firing it up and riding it around I simply handed over $200.00...and tore ass out of there! Engine was clean and tight, carbs were synced...so smooth and fast, and LOUD, between the pipe and velocity stacks...wish I still had that engine, I'm sure there was serious money in it, I think I got 3 bills for the engine and another hundo for the wheels and tires, the rest was disposed of in what will forever be an "undisclosed location" ;) I made 2 hundred, and had a few fun months... Happy with mopeds now! :)

Four banger bikes are getting harder to come by now. I currently have a 900 honda that I need to jet out. Gonna be a stage 3 dyno jet. My buddy who I plan on riding with has an xj1000 with 80k on it with a 4 Into 1 super trap exhaust he has been running for years with out rebuild.

He just changes the oil, bleeds the breaks, and runs it. Very cool stock mint muscle bike. My 900 is gonna basically be a bike to ride with him. I hate the look of 80's bikes and have made this my own. He is not a big fan of the xj1000 but it is a very well designed bike and just keeps going. Pic of my stupid 900. Has 10 speeds haha

20190913_173321.jpg

Anything honda now is my jam. Got alot of honda rolling stock. I like the 4 bangers. I have never had a 2 cylinder but I'm sure I will get one and give it respect.

125 as it sits now. Complete comfort and utility.

20200510_193555.jpg

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Four banger bikes are getting harder to come by now. I currently have a

> 900 honda that I need to jet out. Gonna be a stage 3 dyno jet. My buddy

> who I plan on riding with has an xj1000 with 80k on it with a 4 Into 1

> super trap exhaust he has been running for years with out rebuild.

>

> He just changes the oil, bleeds the breaks, and runs it. Very cool

> l stock mint muscle bike. My 900 is gonna basically be a bike to ride

> with him. I hate the look of 80's bikes and have made this my own. He is

> not a big fan of the xj1000 but it is a very well designed bike and just

> keeps going. Pic of my stupid 900. Has 10 speeds haha

Had that, it terrified me! Yours looks cool!

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 125 as it sits now. Complete comfort and utility.

Got the same crate on my Hobbit!

Maxim's done! It's fast for a cruiser, and has been pretty fun, but all those extra saddlebags and shit, that mother takes up way too much space to be worth keepin

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account