Re: anyone know about kei cars?

Figaro is an awesome car. Totally hand built pet project of Nissan's CEO at the time. The Pao is pretty sweet as well.

The vast majority of those kei pickups and vans in the USA came from right behind my house. Puget sound naval shipyard had over 2500 of them until they were retired around 2007. We had VAST fields of kei vans that were used for moving workers and the supply Dept. Market flooded like ten years ago and most have PSNS supply numbers on em.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ok, cool.

>

> so do you know about these things or not?

Yup.

samurai is built off the jimny kei car and it rules. its very small really.

Brad William /

Used to be amused by the hyundai logo on the back of the pickup gate in the early 80's when they first hit the streets. No one was familiar with the company yet. It looked like some idiot translator had embossed "high and dry" on the back of their 'utility' vehicles. Reminded me of Chevy's marketing of the Nova "No Go" in spain a decade earlier. (edited)

Brad William /

Look what I spotted! We were cutting and stump grinding a load of trees for a British lady who had just bought a house in France. There were some other workman there fitting new wooden gates and one of them tripped the electrics. I went out the front of the house to look for the mains box and there was this beauty sitting there. It is strange, because when I was in the UK, I used to see them a lot. Seeing this yesterday after nearly 4 years of not seeing one , because of the style, it made me feel a little homesick, although it's Japanese! Best colour in my opinion too.

20200507_113315.jpg

man fantastic stuff

Brad William /

I would go Toyota,subaru honda micro if I had a choice.bad juju wth Nissan. Datsun another story.

Not strictly Jap, but Daihatsu made a little retro 2 seater cabriolet called the Copen. I always thought it was in the spirit of KEI cars.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

now thats cool

and after just seeing the figaro episode of 'comedians in cars' im pretty sure those are gonna shoot up in price real soon

im still keeping an eye out for the right solstice gxp though, its such an under appreciated little ride

yeah, i had an xterra that was badass in the snow and hauling shit but you had to basically take the upper half of the engine off to change injectors and o2 sensors and shit, real bad design

Pushrod Fifty /

I always see a forgotten Miata sitting in a muddy driveway, not ran in a while, on my usual ride route. I get the kitten rescue syndrone when I see it, it is metallic green with dark green top.

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> now thats cool

>

> and after just seeing the figaro episode of 'comedians in cars' im

> pretty sure those are gonna shoot up in price real soon

>

> im still keeping an eye out for the right solstice gxp though, its such

> an under appreciated little ride

^ Those are cool, but the Saturn made on the same underpinnings is MUCH better looking, have a really hard time with the front clip "looks" of the Solstice. Good luck finding either though...

Figaros are neat. There’s someone here in Sacramento with one. Road legal and all. I’m sure it cost a pretty penny to get it up to emissions standards here. One of the squids has an Autozam AZ-1 and another had a Subaru 360 truck (has a project coupe 360, also). I absolutely love Kei cars and wish it were feasible for me to own one instead of an America sized car.

Sub 360 vans are the shit....

Reminds me of Columbo's car. You need an old trench coat and a big cigar. In this instance, a cigar is just a cigar. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

And if anyone ever picks on you...

I hired a prostiute and met her at a hotel. As I got undressed, she pointed at my dick and said, "Who do you think you are going to please with that little thing?"

"Me," I replied.

Figaros are really cool, even the cd player is super cool on this. I was lucky enough to be able to ride in one, the place that imported my car had a bunch of em.

Here is my little Kei car.

32135476_2139712369591338_4902355862988783616_n.jpg

fuuuuuck me that RULES

That looks like a mini Ford RS200.

Not really a kei car but Piaggio Ape is really cute, both 3 and 4-wheel versions.

nice autozam!

hows the engine to work on?

personally i think Figaros are pretty ugly, they're also imported over here in the hand fulls... im not sure why. as a huge car enthusiest, i go to a lot of shows and dont ever see them. cars and coffee's, 1 off shows and nightly/weekly stuff. i think i've seen 1 out in the wild

there's a LOT better options imo, beat's, cappicino's, AZ1's, all sorts of awesome micro vans... bang for the buck i'd never buy a figaro. ew

////// F20c swapped '85 rx7, 91 r32 gtr, 4bt '30 model a tudor sedan ratrod project

^ my pos'

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> nice autozam!

>

> hows the engine to work on?

Its not too shabby, there is a little access panel behind the drivers seat. Can basically to get everything from there. If you need more access the entire subframe/motor comes out in a few bolts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account