Re: DEATH!!! The Pandemic is REAL!!! Don’t Die!

When people try anarchic violence, that is what the `thin blue line' is for. To protect the Mom at the shopping mall,driving on the freeway, the old man or lady ambling down the street. THAT is why we NEED the thin blue line.

Anyone that can't see that, has lost their mind to TDS, like Seattle's `leaders' have.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ken said: ` I’ve been involved in protests, been missed treated as well

> as hit/injured by the police in the day and I never looted, destroyed

> property or killed others because of bad police actions,'

>

> That's the difference,Ken. Calm, peaceful protests......like against

> t Viet nam war. Some were peaceful.

Some peaceful protests, much like today. Apples and oranges in the society of then and now that you helped usher in. You cant wash your hands of that.

> Guys like Pops lived it. I respect

> him for that suffering.

Please show me where pops actually said he was a Vietnam vet rather than implying to such.

>

> I also respect Nixon for getting us out of that crazy war.

After the fact. (edited)

+Knucklehead said:`please show me where Pops said he was a viet nam vet(paraphrased).'

You really ARE dense.

He said: ` i grew up to be a man pretty quick when they dropped an 18 year old country boy that had hardly been out of a small ark town in the middle of a jungle in 1966 with a rifle in his hand with mortors going off and bullits zingging by ....not much bothers me after that...'

So, boy, what war do you SUPPOSE he was talkin g about? He's too young for Korea.

Dropped in a jungle in 1966? Can't you figure it out?

Pops just should've said he had bone spurs LOL!

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Pops just should've said he had bone spurs LOL!

Bas you didn't just tell them you had a maedical problem .there were military doctors that decided that.i won't say some didn't get out of tbe draft that shouldn't but will say if they felt strongly enough against it then i don't hold it against them for avoiding the draft.war and facing live rounds being shot at you and training your sites on the chest of another human being and pulling the trigger is not for everbody.you don't want to.find yourself in a fire fight with a guy beside you that lets his nerves get the better of them.it can get you seriously hurt or killed.Azed and others seems to be playing both sides in the matter since he says i'm a scum for serving but says trump is a scum for not.. hard to figure that out

Bas you didn't just tell them you had a maedical problem .there were military doctors that decided that.i won't say some didn't get out of tbe draft that shouldn't

Having a very rich father was the only thing that got the turd out of the war.

I am obviously against the draft but i'm more opposed to rich cunts that got out so more poor people had to die.

"Some folks are born silver spoon in hand

Lord, don't they help themselves, oh

But when the taxman comes to the door

Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes"

Hmm, don't that sound familiar.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> nothing of covfefe

to loop back around to on-point:

the vietnam war killed almost 40,000 americans over ~20 years.

we spent $850 billion to fight... umm, for freedom? I guess? I mean we did stop china from becoming a major communist world superpower right?

but this "real" pandemic has only killed 3x that many in the past 3 months.

Death! Don't Die!

punkrock randy /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Hey that was my quote. 🤠

>

> But, I may tread a little on the controversial side for a second.

>

> I do think America could be one of the best countries. I can’t put into

> words how amazed I have been at the beauty I have seen around our

> country.

>

> Our Constitution and rights and privileges are peerless in the world.

I’m glad you admit to having drank a bit for this one. I agree with a lot of what you say, but this was totally whack. You gotta be white for what you’re saying to be true. And we incarcerate more of our own people than any other nation. Something doesn’t seem wrong there? If we are such free and wonderful people, how come we lock up and murder each other at such high rates?? This place is fucking sick and has a terrible past, present and future as far as i can tell. I’m glad I agree with such a large amount of you on many issues. MA gives me hope that not everybody’s jackasses. Thx guys, and sry Papa, just sayin’. Keep all the details in mind when you start to feel too much patriotism coming on.

I like America, I have an extremely privileged and easy life and appreciate that. I think there's enormous amounts of improvement left. It's a difficult task to balance being appreciative of what we have and being content, complacent in it. I can't say i'm proud to be an american at all, but i'm proud of the progress we've made through history and hopeful we can continue to make progress so that evryone can enjoy the quality of life I do. But I cannot ignore the guilt i feel and the necessity for action to further drive progress and fight against the injustice that threatens the lives and livelihood of others.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I like America, I have an extremely privileged and easy life and

> appreciate that. I think there's enormous amounts of improvement left.

> It's a difficult task to balance being appreciative of what we have and

> being content, complacent in it. I can't say i'm proud to be an american

> at all, but i'm proud of the progress we've made through history and

> hopeful we can continue to make progress so that evryone can enjoy the

> quality of life I do. But I cannot ignore the guilt i feel and the

> necessity for action to further drive progress and fight against the

> injustice that threatens the lives and livelihood of others.

I agree. For most Americans to be able to recognize and realize all of that is the first step to the much needed change in this country. We seem to be a rare breed. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account