Re: Absentee ballot request

yea, I kinda like the physical act of voting, feels like maybe it matters more. I did mine by mail tho this year, for above mentioned reasons, and yea - that definitely was easy

^ not me, the less people I have to encounter the better, especially today!

Absentee Ballots are great. There is a process to get your ballot sent to you, and only you. I have needed to vote via this method a few times, since Election Day nearly always comes during Elk hunting season. But it’s simple and effective.

Mail in voting is different, and stupid. Riddled with fraud. Bulk ballots sent to old, invalid addresses. Ballots sent to dead people. Sent to apartments where people have moved from. Ballots sent to non citizens. Ballots sent to P.O. Boxes that have changed hands. There is no vote integrity with widespread mail in voting. It’s truly dangerous to a democracy dependent on an accurate, effective election.

Remember, Vote Early, and Vote Often.

how are we so shitty at voting. I get a phone call from my credit card company within minutes of a few uses outside of my usual travel areas. But we can't figure out how to mail ballots to people?

There's a fuckload of issues with voting. Suppression with numbers and quality of sites and equipment, suppression with registration purges, i dont doubt lack of integrity on some mail-ins, and gerrymandering is nuuutso. Even as-is our voter address lists are flawed and put people in the wrong oll stations far too often. In-person polling isnt better. Luckily fraud's been consistently very very low. address lsits and signatures should be pretty manageable. and transparency.

Again one of those endlessly frustrating, "yeah it's flawed but its too hard to fix so we arent gonna try". Hate our leadership's approach of "hey we can't safely put everyone in voting stations but mail in is unreliable so let's just not do it instead of having to do it right" so lame.

Here in WA we have mail in voting. When our current governor came to be, he lost the election. It was close, so they did a recount. Three times. Finally, somewhere in a back room someone found several barrels, or buckets of mailed in votes. It was enough to put him over the top. This is roughly how I remember it, and I don’t recall all the exact details. I was living in KY at the time, and hadn’t lived in WA for several years, but that’s the gist of it. But it sure is suspicious.

We are a deeply divided state, west vs east, dem vs rep, urban vs rural; no surprise. I’ve lived all of the above at some point. But it’s no secret that I lean right, and I try to remain educated in spite of my influences. WA’s Mail-in voting is badly broken. I know people who have received ballots for other people. Dead people. This past Primary, on the outside of the mailing envelope you had to check what party you were voting for and could only vote for candidates in that party, or your ballot would be void! If there was only one candidate in that party, it’s obvious who you voted for! So, if I was to check “Republican” on the outside of the envelope, then I must have voted for Trump, right?- see the problem? What happens in an extremely blue region when a tired, disgruntled election worker sees Trump votes? It’s too plausible. I hate our current political system, but feel myself drawn to it nonetheless. It’s in my blood, literally. I don’t think broken things can’t be fixed, and I actively try to make positive change in my community. But until it IS fixed, we shouldn’t use it. We’ll just break it worse. Don’t keep ignoring that air leak, or you’ll seize!

By the way, I now hand deliver my sealed ballot to the county courthouse.

I'm not singularly worried about mail in voting. I do think we could (should) improve voter security and should be able to do so pretty easily. it's shitty as is. and I think there are other definite issues with voting, noted above that are perhaps more directly malicious in trying to swing votes than the possibility of misusing mail-in votes. I also dont expect fraud to play a major role in elections. Like, who is out there defrauding elections on a meaningful scale? The established ways to influence elections legally are already widespread, gerrymandering and subtle voter suppressions, or "ballot security" voter intimidation (now legal).

But contrast those big issues specifically designed to sway elections on a coordinated and large scale, I dont see it for mail-ins.

Even those getting dead peoples ballots or whatever, I dont know anybody who'd even use those, and if they did i dont think it'd make a measurable impact when you really think about it.

Like, how does the mail in voter fraud scam work. your specific WA example is a decent option but I dont think you can pull that off unless it's very close and poorly run election. Otherwise you'd need a pretty major coordinated fraudulent scam that i'm just not seeing as likely or really even feasible.

In the last Washington election in 2018, 142 cases of potential voter fraud were found in 3.1 million ballots cast.

get a load of this fucking moron

Screenshot_20200711-103301_SamsungInternet.jpg

Leave it to the pure of conscience to claim election are rigged months before they lose.

He's been saying that for a year now,

his inability to understand that absentee ballots and mail-ins are the same damn thing is what i find so funny/sad/horrifying/soul crushing

Got mine yesterday in Ohio. Voted. Now I trust the USPS, not the treasonous fuck running it. Lucky for me I was able to take it to the county board of elections.

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> He's been saying that for a year now,

>

> his inability to understand that absentee ballots and mail-ins are the

> same damn thing is what i find so funny/sad/horrifying/soul crushing

What's more disturbing is that there are plenty of morons that support his ignorant ass. And then they want to concoct or self proclaim an absurd, fake condition like "tds". Its a classic oxymoron. The only one with Trump deranged syndrome is the chump himself because he is so deranged. Its his style along with his followers to put it on you or someone else. This country is in far worse shape than I could of ever imagined if chump gets re elected. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. He's just another criminal opportunist taking advantage of an opportunity. Invisible F-35s...what a fucking ass clown. (edited)

Don't forget bleach shots, he is quite clearly out of his element.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Don't forget bleach shots, he is quite clearly out of his element.

Its no god damn wonder we are the laughing stock of the entire fucking planet. Russia and china are of but two that are sticking it up our asses and getting away with it.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Fucking trump. Claims that there’s voter fraud, then tells people to vote twice.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> Its no god damn wonder we are the laughing stock of the entire fucking

> planet.

I can attest to this, although it is more pity these days.

> Seth B Wrote:

> Here in WA we have mail in voting. When our current governor came to be,

> he lost the election. It was close, so they did a recount. Three times.

> Finally, somewhere in a back room someone found several barrels, or

> buckets of mailed in votes. It was enough to put him over the top. This

> is roughly how I remember it, and I don’t recall all the exact details.

> I was living in KY at the time, and hadn’t lived in WA for several

> years, but that’s the gist of it. But it sure is suspicious.

>

> We are a deeply divided state, west vs east, dem vs rep, urban vs rural;

> no surprise. I’ve lived all of the above at some point. But it’s no

> secret that I lean right, and I try to remain educated in spite of my

> influences. WA’s Mail-in voting is badly broken. I know people who have

> received ballots for other people. Dead people. This past Primary, on

> the outside of the mailing envelope you had to check what party you were

> voting for and could only vote for candidates in that party, or your

> ballot would be void! If there was only one candidate in that party,

> it’s obvious who you voted for! So, if I was to check “Republican” on

> the outside of the envelope, then I must have voted for Trump, right?-

> see the problem? What happens in an extremely blue region when a tired,

> disgruntled election worker sees Trump votes? It’s too plausible. I hate

> our current political system, but feel myself drawn to it nonetheless.

> It’s in my blood, literally. I don’t think broken things can’t be fixed,

> and I actively try to make positive change in my community. But until it

> IS fixed, we shouldn’t use it. We’ll just break it worse. Don’t keep

> ignoring that air leak, or you’ll seize!

Dims want mail-in, which SHOULD say the whole reason behind their wanting it is to steal an election.

Mail-in is weak because of no voter verification. Dims love that! Vote often is their message......LOL!

Republicans don't want mail in voting because they like to suppress voters, just like they do with gerrymandering, the electoral college and their refusal to grant Washington DC state rights.

You're an idiot don, go fuck yourself.

You are mistaken every time you open that uneducated, MIS-educated mouth.LOL!

Fuck off, you racist waste of space.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

If mail in voting is so fraudulent, you’d think Trump would be all for it because that’s the only way he could win.

He’s already told everybody to mail in your vote and then go vote in person also.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account