If you're a Cinema fan in the Seattle area....

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the Rodeo drive-in theatre is back up and running near Bremerton,15min drive from the ferry. Going strong since 1949 and still use 35mm projectors for classics. Spaceballs is showing now!

Every show is a double feature, shows start at 9:45pm. If you've never been, now would be a great time to go...three screens and over 1000 car capacity. Surrounded by old growth forest on all sides...

I grew up going here and on the off chance that someone's a cinema person I though I'd post this. I know that they are hurting as a business right now. Honestly, pretty amazing that they still exist.

Might make a good family road trip or escape for a while. I saw hook a few days ago on the big screen for the first time in......wow I'm older than I think.

Sadly, no mopeds right now. :( I used to ride out with a folding chair and my 1950's zenith transoceanic radio from the 60's. Set up a portable bbq and make my homemade venison,garlic and pear sausages for everyone around me.....good times...not gonna happen right now tho.....

You will need an fm radio, the old posts and window speakers were still there a few years ago but gone now... (edited)

Re: If you're a Cinema fan in the Seattle area....

I really LOVE hitting the drive in. There are a couple of places that are even opening up in parking lots and make-shift screens in some of the towns and cities.

There is someone near here even doing their own drive in for folks around here, white washed back of their old barn and they are projecting movies from a computer. Not the worlds best quality but excellent just to go check it out and enjoy. Have to throw 1$ in the bucket and leave a non-perishable food item at the entrance way (covers the cost of portable shytter rental, electric and such plus a donation for the food bank in the village). Every night it is not raining. Bicycles, mopeds, scooters and motorcycles up front and SUV Van and Pickups at the back. Clever indeed.

I haven’t been to the Rodeo Drive-in. It sounds awesome! Over here in SE Washington, there’s a drive-in about 45 minutes away from me in Milton-Freewater, Oregon. It just opened back up, and I’m looking forward to going.

The first movie I can remember ever seeing was at The Starlight Drive-in in Tacoma. It was “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”. Damn, that was a long time ago.

Is the Starlight still operating, or is it just a flea market now?

Aww man, that’s so sucks! That just happened a year ago. So many memories from that place.

That part of town was getting pretty bad though. Is the B&I still there? Remember when they had that shit-throwing, monkey-spanking gorilla in there. Ivan, I think was his name. I know he was removed and rehomed a few years ago. Last time I was there it was just more swap meet Louie crap, like the Star Lite. I loved going to the B&I as a kid.

B and Iiii we make shopping fun......ohh man I completely forgot about that place. The commercial is hammered into my brain tho. That poor gorilla.....man that gorilla was there for like 30 years in that little cage ...was still being advertesed in the early 90's.

No clue if it's still there tho. I always stop by Tacoma Bros, and buy nectarines....then go to the only fast food joint I still eat at. Frisco Freeze!

Usually only get to on my biannual trip to harbor freight.

I can't believe it takes an hour to get to Tacoma now. 26 miles! Congestion is getting horrible....Also, that new bridge has been payed off for 6 years and they are still tolling it...

Edit- yes! It's still there, looks horrible.... (edited)

Wow, Angelina Jolie made a movie based on Ivan. Coming out later this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_and_Only_Ivan_(film) (edited)

Damn. Now I’m all nostalgic. Gonna have to go hug a moped.

And that movie sounds pretty lame, but Angelina Jolie

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account