Warning: Moped Shaped Object Ahead

I never come on this forum anymore, and I still never ride mopeds, although I did briefly have a Sharp looking little Targa LX in White for like five minutes but you know that thing had to go since it had pedals. Anyway, I just got my Catastrophically Chinese Lazer Sport 5 (Yes lol I saw some of the circa 2014 threads on them!) Licensed for the roads here in WA State. Mine is an SDG 110cc Swapped four speed now, so it at least gets out of its own way. My friend JJ and I did the swap ourselves. It was surprisingly fairly straightforward, and if you have one of these Albatrosses parked in your garage stinking up the place, I highly recommend digging up an old 110-140cc Lifan somewhere and getting to work! Even with the 110, The Lazer still really doesn't go much over 45, but everything works including the hilariously loud turn signal beepers and shockingly robust horn, and let's face it that's what really matters here.

Feel free to roast me in the comments. I may even come back to read some of them.

SSR Lazer 5 on Imgur

Re: Warning: Moped Shaped Object Ahead

Why roast?

Seeeeeeeems like a cool little bike. Well executed.

I never pedal my current moped. The pedals on most moped are vestigial.

i just swapped a lifan onto a old yamaha YL1, if anyone needs roasting it's a me

Pushrod Fifty /

I was out island hopping in my 12' cartopper boat today and had a hard time anchoring in a cross wind. If I had a 2nd anchor it would have kept the bow in the wind to keep it off of the beach. A Lifan would have came in handy.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i just swapped a lifan onto a old yamaha YL1, if anyone needs roasting

> it's a me

If you ever want to sell that chassis let me know, I'm building the motor off of that bike with 2 gila's

That's the spirit LOL

My 2017 Lazer is still going strong. Although I do have to adjust the valves...it's huffing a little on startup/idle. I put on a 70cc kit. It goes 40-42. I could get the unlocked cdi to go over 8k rpm and go a little faster but I'd blow it up that much sooner. If you can shift you should re-gear and put a new front sprocket on it. You can buy them at whygostock.com but lazer specific parts. You'd easily do 50+ if you want.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account