Moped Rally AUGUST 15, 2020 Gardner Mass area

Kristopher R. Johnson /

A moped Rally is being put together for Gardner Ma area (aka G VEGAS) Saturday August 15. "Called Under the radar 5 town tour". SAVE THE DATE. Details still forming. Open to anyone in the central mass and surrounding areas . Any ideas? I am not going to let this silly virus keep us from riding all year. (edited)

Re: Moped Rally AUGUST 15, 2020 Gardner Mass area

This silly virus tends to spread when there are large gatherings of people in close proximity, and who aren't wearing masks and taking precautionary measures,

That said, perhaps consider posting this here , since it's moped-related. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Kristopher R. Johnson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I am not going to let this silly virus

> keep us from riding all year.

Some of us lost family to this "silly virus."

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > Kristopher R. Johnson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I am not going to let this silly virus

>

> > keep us from riding all year.

>

> Some of us lost family to this "silly virus."

^^My condolences.

I see you live in NY. I live in AZ, where very few take this seriously. Mask-wearers are a minority, social-distancing is not adhered to, and most folks act like it doesn't exist, including our governor.

Suffice it to say, our numbers are spiking, and we are on the road to being one of the new hotspots for COVID-19.

I'm still limiting my travels, still washing my hands constantly, and still wearing a mask when I'm around people. I can't change covidiots from doing what covidiots do, but I can live in the solution.

Again, my condolences to you and to anyone else who have suffered losses through this.

Thank you for posting, and reminding me that I'm doing the right thing by taking it seriously, even though most folks around me are not doing so.

Kudos to Moped Army for cancelling or postponing rallies due to this silly virus. (edited)

Pushrod Fifty /

6' apart in a moped rally seems doable.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> 6' apart in a moped rally seems doable.

6' apart at a moped rally turns into 6" or less when you add alcohol.

Pushrod Fifty /

Or full body contact if the guy in front of you doesn't have a brake light.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Dude, if you’ve been riding for more than 50 years, you should know better. My mother nearly died from COVID19 a couple of months ago. Thank God she was able to beat the virus.

As a senior rider, you should be setting an example for the young folks instead of acting like a bored teenager. (edited)

I think there's room for doing it and doin it safely, but as a ride not a "rally" and maybe byob and food. I dunno, even then I dont wanna be the one who indirectly killed someones granny cuz i wanted to moped to the wampanoag in a big crowd.

that said i'd love to rally in gardner, i used to party there in highschool sometimes. I grew up just over the border, I lived right on 202 at the hancock/peterborough border, most of my best friends all lived in jaffrey and rindge. We used to paintball in a big abandoned factory down by there, I dated a girl from winchedon and spent a year of college at the mount.

We used to compete in these old-fashioned fireman's muster's with an antique engine, the hancock 128, from ashburnham. It lived in a shop right off old ashburnham rd by 119 juuust south of the border and we partied there a ton.

It'd be a total blast to reminisce about that spot and shoot the shit with some folks still out there. One of my best pals velvet peterson lives in gardner but i dont think she's peterson anymore...

Objectively a bad idea. This could very well be in the middle of the next wave of covid infections. Moped rallies are great fun but not worth the added risk for now.

^ Agreed, the "silly virus" is still VERY much a thing, in spite of our national short attention span, best to just ride solo this year, it's a shame, but so would be dying/giving to to someone who gets a loved one ill etc. I will not lie I'm PISSED off about it, I miss going out to eat and being able to see my parents, but there is nothing you can do about it. Look at some of the places that opened early, and or never had many restrictions, new spikes in cases, it's not done.

y'all ever goto papa jims hot dogs? is that a thing still? I heard it changed owners like 10 years ago

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account