Honda cb125

Not a moped but looking for a Honda cb125 in north East Ohio if anyone has one or some info on one.

Re: Honda cb125

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Me too in south central Pa.

well, i got a fucky little 125 thing you can have for cheap. it's a yamaha yl1 with a crap china 125 clone thing on it. still, it'd fit the same nche as a cb125 without being as expensive.

Pushrod Fifty /

Doesnt come close to a CB125. Put the YL1 engine back in and then you'll have something.

I got one here in maine but it ain't gonna be cheap. Just under 1600 miles and almost there from daily riding. I have the minty factory seat, blinkers, rear chrome fender with light. Dont have a nice fro t fender or headlight bucket. I have the og tires for it also. (edited)

20200611_192610.jpg

Looks nice unfortunately won’t be making any trips to Maine anytime soon

Haha, I do feel a pretty big heap of guilt for "lifan"ing this YL1. it came in a pair of yL1's and the other much better one was sold along with both engines, leaving me a really trashed rolling frame.

I also had a lifan that I refused to put in a cub I had last year, for the very same sentiments. I put way more work into that cub than it was worth, but the personal value of being able to see it ride it and let it go with it's original honda powerplant rebuilt (4 times) and fully restored was absolutely worth it.

So, this YL1 frame and a lifan engine sat in the corner of my garage. and that's how you get what we've got here. a wholly uninspiring bastard of the YL1. still, I'd let someone have it cheaply, it does all the things it needs to do well, goes >50mph and starts, stops, lights and turns easily and quite reliably. Just hoping someone might want to ride it because I've got all the bikes I need to keep me rollin

I had found one 3 years ago with 800 miles for $1000 in Perry. I put a down payment of $200 and did not follow through. I sent the number a text about a year ago and got no response. I was definitely stupid on that one.

they're sweet. I had a CL125 that I fixed up for a friend and she wound up not wanting it, and I sometimes regret not snagging it, tho i surely wouldve sold it by now. it's cool but winds up fitting the same niche as a decent 50-shifty, like it's a reliable blast around town and light and easy, but you can't highway it or take it beyond a few hundred mile trips comfortably. Still, I've done some weekends over 300mi on a TS50, and no regrets.

Nice, lot of $ for a non-runner though.

Lol he's increased the price $150 since I first posted that link. You're right, it's not worth $1k not running

Yeah I looked at that thought the same thing. Good lookin posting the link though

Pushrod Fifty /

Would like to find an SS125, its a pressed steel frame like the S90 but twin cylinder.

I had an S90, it was the 1st motorcycle I rebuilt, pretty underwhelming but it was a beautiful bike.

I kinda started my moped journey riding a honda supercub, so just like every newbie on a maxi dreams of a magnum, for me the s90 was my magnum

Pushrod Fifty /

I started rebuilding a 64 Trail 90 pushrod engine but havent assembled it yet. Have all of the parts cleaned and bagged, cases bead blasted and engine parts for it, new bearings, seals, kickstart shaft, valves, piston. Next step is to assemble the crank bearings and timing gear. Its a winter project and right now I have a few moped projects going on but with reduction in work hours I may have more time to work on it. I rebored the cylinder myself, pretty happy I could do it. Brought valve grinding tools for the head but havent done it yet. I got it cheap and its a little rough but my plan is to make a street cruiser out of it.

yea that's awesome, those are super cool. I definitely wanted a top tank at the time but now older and "wiser" much prefer the stepthrough trail90s.

It wasa super chore assembling that thing, I got it completely disassembled in a box and had to figure out how all the internals were supposed to go together, it was a nightmare but i learned a valuable lesson - it's an enormous extra effrt to try to assemble something you didnt disassemble. Still, it worked 1st try with the exception of the battery charging circuit. had that old plate selenium rectifier thing (edited)

Just got this older 125 header and a shorty muffler for my 125. I got another carb I need to jet for it. I also got some fmf packing to go inside the shorty muffler. It's a little loud for my taste and the packing that is inside is pretty shitty. The fmf stuff is top notch. I like the looks of this shorty (emgo) as it looks almost factory and I was able to use factory mount.

20200704_160717.jpg

What about a 70 Honda CL100? Thinking to sell but it will not be cheap due to condition. I have tons of paperwork like manuals, brochures and more. Overhauled the engine in 2009. Has title and small bin of spares for it. It is a "Keeper Bike" in my collection but I need to reduce. Thus the high price. Sorry. PM me if interested.

92024B0A-D955-42FB-90A4-F22534128FAF.jpeg

whoa that CL100 is hot

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account