Re: My Helmet is my mask

My Swedish friends are ashamed of their country.

They compare the way they feel in Europe to how Americans feel about Trump.

Just the last couple weeks, graduation celebrations were allowed in Sweden and now their numbers are climbing in young people (a group that was relatively untouched before) and they are opening field hospitals to deal with the result. Expecting a large negative trend to come.

My ONLY somewhat gripe about masks is they aren’t comfortable and have to be repositioned a ton. They cause my mustache to tickle. Nose itches. Because of all that, I am CONSTANTLY touching my face. Way more than before. I’ll keep my mask on since I’m a team player. But, if I get corona, it will be from contaminating myself in a moment of neglect.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

A bearded man with a mask reminds me of a 1972 women’s underwear ad.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

I'm used to wearing them, having done so at work. Beards and moustaches render any face mask useless because there is no tight fit. But I applaud Papa for doing his part!

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Seth,

Weird visual. Eww. But I laughed a couple times the more I tried to picture it.

Thanks for that buddy.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Back to the OP, I saw some riders try to helmet-mask into a bank. It’s not allowed in Germany. Also, gas stations. Come to think of it, it might be forbidden everywhere here but those are the only places I’ve seen it posted.

My helmet “disappears” when I’m riding. But I feel blind, clumsy, and hot wearing it while walking. Couldn’t imagine going through a store with on.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> God I love stirring the shit with you guys, it's so easy. I'll have to

> do it more often.

brilliant. see prior post.

The problem with all these responses is there's an assumption in dialogue and conflict that both parties are emotionally involved in the discussion - there is a passion, righteousness, and in this case VERY REAL CONSEQUENCES

it's important to recognize it for what it is though, we're NOT debating with a sensible person - the motivation behind stirring up conflict is in these cases not to come to some sort of resolution but just the opposite, to create chaos. These people are not emotionally engaged in the controversy, what they are emotionally engaged in is seeing others out of control, knowing they’re personally responsible for lighting the fuse. Being able to recognize that, that it's not about actual discussion but instead it’s about power; when you see it this way you’ll be less likely to take the bait. Emotional volatility is exactly the reaction these people are hoping for. The subject of controversy is utterly unimportant to them, it’s just a cover for their real intentions, which is in a nutshell just protecting their shallow fragile comfort. It comes from resentment and fear; fear of change, fear of inadequacy (reinforced by being unable to control or shift an argument against others more educated, eloquent or open minded) and a reaction to that fear is to try to reassert power by emotionally detaching from the conflict and manipulating your continued involvement

it's dumb and pathetic, but that's me caring again. let it go, there's no resolution

Re: My Helmet is my mask

So now the CDC says that for every one positive case, about ten more go undiagnosed. That means the disease is ten times LESS deadly than we’ve been told. So the decimal point in the death rate needs to be moved to the right a bit. Again. But keep your muzzles on. Now, masks are required in my state. It’s actually a misdemeanor if you don’t. So now I’m a criminal.

Breakin the Law, Breakin The Law!

My wife has to wear one at work. She has a cute, frilly crochet mask. It’s as useless as the mask mandate. But, it meets the guidelines of a “face covering”, and nobody says anything negative about it. She gets tons of compliments on it. I picked up some football jersey material to make mine out of, for when I go to Costco.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Next time you go to the hospital, will you refuse to be treated by a doctor wearing his muzzle and hand prisons?

Please don't be a fucking retard.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Seth,

I feel where you're coming from. In the beginning, I thought this was all stupid and the people dying were all gonna die if they got sick from anything.

It still seems like the numbers don't match the response. Im frustrated at that. Why count how many thousands of new cases? We all know damn well that almost all of those cases are complete non-events and they walk away.

I'm pretty sure my kids and I had it early on and got through just fine with some Motrin and water.

However, even if this is all nonsense and a passing fad, I don't want to catch a criminal record for not playing along.

There are some people that, for whatever reason, this virus is deadly. I wouldn't want to live with myself knowing I could have saved their life and didn't try.

If you were holding a 1,000,000 shot revolver, with one bullet in the chamber, would you point it at your mother and pull the trigger?

There are so many stupid ass things we do to be part of society. I remember when we could still go barefoot (some places). I hope to have the financial freedom to check-out someday.

Until then...

Re: My Helmet is my mask

dude, just posted about this.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

Ppl who truly want to be ignorant cannot be reasoned with or swayed. But i do love getting you dicks all riled up all the same. Wear a mask when you’re in close proximity or with larger crowds. Or don’t and STFU, we see who you are in public now. Easier to identify the morons without actually trying to converse w them👍🏼

Re: My Helmet is my mask

I love the people that think masks are limiting their oxygen levels and rebreathing co2 is going to kill them.

Southern California has a large Vietnamese and Korean population that have been wearing masks for years.

So apparently, a 90 year old, 80lb, frail little Asian has stronger lungs than us big Burley Americans.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So now the CDC says that for every one positive case, about ten more go

> undiagnosed. That means the disease is ten times LESS deadly than we’ve

> been told. So the decimal point in the death rate needs to be moved to

> the right a bit. Again. But keep your muzzles on. Now, masks are

> required in my state. It’s actually a misdemeanor if you don’t. So now

> I’m a criminal.

>

> Breakin the Law, Breakin The Law!

>

> My wife has to wear one at work. She has a cute, frilly crochet mask.

> It’s as useless as the mask mandate. But, it meets the guidelines of a

> “face covering”, and nobody says anything negative about it. She gets

> tons of compliments on it. I picked up some football jersey material to

> make mine out of, for when I go to Costco.

pretty ignorant right here, that your take away from from the cdc saying 10x more are getting infected must mean its 10x less deadly.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/05/23/physicists-new-study-why-masks-dont-work-how-governments-are-operating-a-science-vacuum/

>

> The simple fact is if your not sick the mask doesnt do anything, even

> the WHO has admitted that. It's a virtue signal, a safety blanket, a

> false sense of protection.

>

> If you want to wear a mask you have every right to do so, but dont make

> other believe your narrative that you've been duped into.

I feel like getting "facts" from non scientific/medical sources is a problem for you. That was one very suspicious link. You want to say were are not educated for some reason. However all of the facts I get come from trained professionals with an MD next to their name. Usually backed by a PHD from a reputable institute of higher learning. Please stay away from me and my family. We will be continuing to social distance and wear masks and practice proper hygiene until we are solidly on the other side of this.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Dirty30 Dillon /

Even the title:

"Physicists new study..."

Why the fuck do we care what Physicists have to say about masks? What about the 99% of Doctors that agree the mask is needed.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Makes a point

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> Makes a point

Yes those doctors and health professional scientists in this video make some valid points. let me find the video about how playing in freeway traffic during rush hour can actually improve your life... you should totally try it.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Let me find the studies of doctors that said drinking and smoking had no affect on a baby in the womb. Oh that's right they were wrong. Your taking these "recommendations" like it's the unquestionable, undeniable truth. Fauci has been completely wrong on every single statement he has made about this virus so far and yet you dont question his authority?

Another fact is the lock downs dont work or you would see a difference between states that have and have not lock led down the entire time.

Also fuck face Fauci is pushing his shit drug that's been proven not to work in various past viruses. Its insanity.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Forgot to post this as well, info directly from the horses mouth.

You can see an increase in cases, people recovered and still ill but the death rate hasn't gone up.

An obvious fact that your gonna be ok even if you were to contract the virus, also most people who had it didnt even know.

So why the freak out?

Screenshot_20200627-201855_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Dirty30 Dillon /

Lol,

"ItS oNlY 0.4% mOrTaLiTy"

That's one out of every 250 positive people will die from it.

57 people in Texas died today. "Proud Texans" are turning into "Proud Corpses" at an astounding rate because of attitudes like yours.

I hope you don't lose someone close to you, but then again I'm sure that even if you did it wouldn't matter much, given you only care about yourself.

EDIT FOR ABOVE POST: Are you a literal idiot? OF COURSE THE DEATH RATE HASn't CHANGED. Rate is a measure of X per X, in this cases deaths per x amount of infected patients. The fact that cases are going up but the rate stays the same is exactly the problem.

I wish I could say I expected more from "The Dude," but of course he's just a cross-eyed nincompoop trool. (edited)

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Your numbers are wrong though. It's only a mortality rate of .4 if your above the age of 50. It's far less under that for younger people. The reason for the deaths is mostly in nursing homes where a person was sick and they stuck them back in there. Cuomo did just that and came under fire but nothing was done.

You quarantine sick people not the whole country, surely you cant be that dense.

Maybe you are that dense, that's probably why you believe the shit being sold to you and the media hype.

Btw California has been locked down while texas opened up briefly but they still are at the same rate, explain that you dumbass.

I hope your family dies so less stupidity can be pumped into the gene pool you worthless mouth breather.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Forgot to say also notice anyone asymptomatic doesnt spread the virus and those are counted in the total cases, the death rate isnt going up at the same time. More cases with less death= not deadly.

Perhaps your incapable at understanding basic logic.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

Dude, listen to your governor u retard. He seems to understand, you don’t trust him eh? You must really hate science and biology and facts.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

He folded only because of pressure. Ridiculous.

The pussification of america. Why live in fear?

Are you gonna live in fear because the media told you to be scared?

You have the right to wear a face diaper, I have the right not to. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp. There is no exemption in the constitution about a public health crisis and they had far worst diseases and far worse health care back then.

Grow up, dont be a pussy. Let me and others live ours lives while you cower in the corner.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

Not living in fear, ive been working through this shit and wearing a mask when in close proximity to crowds. Is it that hard? If you are a denier of science then you can’t be helped. Listen to scientists and your governor, because you’re ig’nant. Look into ICU’s that have filled up you dense arsehole. Shits real even if if ain’t happened in your one horse town. Get to know someone who is actually in the medical profession.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

I know plenty of people in the medical field including family. It is being hyped, like I said they have been wrong on every single prediction when this started. Perfect example, we know now that it cant be transmitted by animals, it also doesnt survive long on surfaces, yet the media was hyping up that like it was super deadly and transmitted by everything and everyone.

They also started the toilet paper bullshit too, why? Do you ever question why?

Screenshot_20200702-162402_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Dirty30 Dillon /

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Your numbers are wrong though. It's only a mortality rate of .4 if your

> above the age of 50. It's far less under that for younger people. The

> reason for the deaths is mostly in nursing homes where a person was sick

> and they stuck them back in there. Cuomo did just that and came under

> fire but nothing was done.

>

> You quarantine sick people not the whole country, surely you cant be

> that dense.

>

> Maybe you are that dense, that's probably why you believe the shit being

> sold to you and the media hype.

>

> Btw California has been locked down while texas opened up briefly but

> they still are at the same rate, explain that you dumbass.

>

> I hope your family dies so less stupidity can be pumped into the gene

> pool you worthless mouth breather.

OK BOOMER

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Let me find the studies of doctors that said drinking and smoking had no

> affect on a baby in the womb. Oh that's right they were wrong. Your

> taking these "recommendations" like it's the unquestionable, undeniable

> truth. Fauci has been completely wrong on every single statement he has

> made about this virus so far and yet you dont question his authority?

>

> Another fact is the lock downs dont work or you would see a difference

> between states that have and have not lock led down the entire time.

>

> Also fuck face Fauci is pushing his shit drug that's been proven not to

> work in various past viruses. Its insanity.

The fact you are old enough to remember "doctors" saying smoking and drinking is ok is a problem I would say. At one time doctors also put leeches on patients and "let" their blood to cure illnesses. But this isnt the dark ages any more and smart folks can understand when they are looking at something that has been paid to give false info.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Random person: “Wear your mask!”

Me: The viral particles are much smaller than the pores of the mask, so the mask is ineffective at filtering them. Right?

R: No, they travel on droplets and the masks keep the droplets out. Or they keep them in if you’re sick.

M: So wait, how is the virus transmitted?

R: Through droplets. Wear the mask.

M: Droplets?

R: Yes, like droplets spewed through a cough or sneeze.

M: So through people who are showing symptoms?

R: Yes

M: So why do healthy people need to wear masks?

R: Because of asymptomatic spread. Listen to the experts.

M: I am listening to the experts. Many studies show, and even the WHO announced, that asymptomatic transmission is exceedingly rare. Did you read that?

R: WHO walked that back to clarify that its presymptomatic spread that’s concerning.

M: Presymptomatic?

R: Yes, like they are infected but showing no symptoms.

M: Symptoms like coughing or sneezing?

R: Yes.

M: So how is the virus spread again?

R: Just wear the mask.

M: Are you going to answer the question?

R: It’s like pants.

M: Pants?

R: If a person pees in public without pants on, you have a greater chance of getting pee on you. Your risk is reduced further if you are wearing pants too.

M: First of all, people don’t pee in public. Second, if they did pee in public, the only way someone’s stream of urine would hit me is if they were directly aiming for me and standing close enough to hit me. And third, I don’t care if you wear pants. How does this relate?

R: If someone coughs on you in public you’ll care.

M: People don’t just cough on each other. The last time someone coughed directly in my face was when I had toddlers and they didn’t understand common courtesy and germ transmission. The only way someone would cough directly on me in public is if they were aiming. Anyway pants don’t keep the pee in, it’s still going to get everywhere. Pants just change the direction of the flow. Same with masks.

R: Common courtesy?! You don’t have common courtesy if you’re refusing to do something as simple as wearing a mask!

M: How is it courteous to ask me to do something I disagree with (based on research) especially when I’m not sick or showing any symptoms when the virus is spread through the droplets of people who are showing symptoms?

R: You’ll think differently if you get sick.

M: If I get sick, I’ll stay home. But if I must go out I will be happy to not cough on people. But just to clarify, would you stand near me in public if I were wearing a mask and coughing?

R: No, I mean, if you get sick, you could die.

M: The virus has a 99.983% survival rate.

R: It’s not about you, it’s about protecting the vulnerable.

M: If I am not sick or showing symptoms how am I further protecting the vulnerable by wearing a mask? Studies also show these masks put the wearer at increased risk of illness.

R: You can’t listen to those studies, you need to listen to professionals in the fields of medicine and science.

M: These studies ARE from professionals in the fields of medicine and science.

R: They are obviously flawed.

M: How so?

R: It wouldn’t be a mandate if it weren’t important.

M: Why is it a mandate now that the death rate has plummeted when it wasn’t a mandate during the peak?

R: Because of new studies on masks.

M: So masks have never been studied before, in the entire history of medicine?

R: It’s a new virus.

M: A new virus that is transmitted in the same way as other viruses. How is it transmitted again? Through droplets of people showing symptoms? So, if I’m not sick or showing symptoms and I have no fever and I’m not coughing, how would my wearing a mask further prevent transmission?

R: Stop being an jerk and just wear the mask.

M: So, you’re asking that I stop thinking critically, accept a fascist mandate, join the herd, and walk blindly into a dangerous abyss of ever increasing control over my self sovereignty, all while signaling my virtue?

R: I’ll report you if you don’t.

M: What country am I in again?

Re: My Helmet is my mask

One thing ive been thinking is the decreasing apparent mortality. Picture this, in the beginning many severe outbreaks were nursing homes where people died at very high rates. Now as it spreads through careless youngfolks, cases increase without immediate increase in deaths. Pure speculation but possible

Masks are effective. Even if they arent filtering out all the particles. Picture smoking. Thats a pretty good visual indicator of similar sized suspended microdroplets, and theyre potent or visible up to that 6ft ish range. Put a mask on when you exhale and it is a lot less range. Thats all. Easy

So, again there are literal thousands of people dying daily. Thats fucking tragic man! Thats really sad. Would you wear a mask if it could even just save 1 life?

Personally i wear a mask for 2 reasons, 1st is it serves as a reminder that things arent normal, to be conscious and careful. Dont go to a crowded club and then hang out with your granny. Its a constant reminder and thats more powerful than the filtering of my very likely healthy breath.

And 2, its statistically pretty unlikely that all my parents and wifes parents uncles and auts wtc survive this. And when one dies, how am i going to remember my response to this, as doing all i could or as ignoring the severity ubtil it was too late. Even if im not responsible directly its a community response.

A

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account