Favorite classifieds?

Terbo Speghetti /

Besides Craigslist. Everyone knows about that one.

And not just for mopeds, where do people look to find shops and apartments with garages and shit?

Craigslist is good, but I'm tryna branch out

Re: Favorite classifieds?

Told marketplace is good, not sure if they do apts etc though, as I don't have facebook! :) Will watch this, as I would like to use something besides cl too.

Terbo Speghetti /

Yeah I gave up Facebook. Should have mentioned that

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Told marketplace is good, not sure if they do apts etc though, as I

> don't have facebook! :) Will watch this, as I would like to use

> something besides cl too.

Yeah people always send me links to spacebook. I dont have it so I cant respond. Seems like alot of good deals. We have uncle Henry's here but usually the same shit as Craig's. I have not been buying much lately. I am trying to get rid of shit.

Yeah, a buddy of mine has facebook, he loves the marketplace, I guess you can localize it to your area, they type of car you want etc, he bugs me hard to set up an account, but I had facebook for two weeks when it was fairly new, and I was never more annoyed/bothered by the internet in my life....what a time sink/waste of time. Never again, for ANY reason. Social media is bullshit.

Overpriced Parts /

I used to love the “yard full of Moped’s 300 bucks bring a trailer” in the regular newspaper ads,

all of the 1-2 dozen mopeds In barns, under tarps, at least half of them were puch, Italian and or Tomos,

We used to have a little newspaper thing called the trading times back in the day, was like CL but in paper form, all sorts of things for sale, cost less than a buck, and could not wait for it to come out every week! :) Ahh, simpler times, you actually called the ad poster etc, same with reg newspaper classifieds, those are all but gone today.

For the people who don't want to have to deal with facebook, but still get all the sweet marketplace deals, just make a fake account, dont add any friends and close off your account in the privacy settings.

We just sold our boat yesterday and have been looking for a new one. All the good deals are on Facebook marketplace.

Terbo Speghetti /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> For the people who don't want to have to deal with facebook, but still

> get all the sweet marketplace deals, just make a fake account, dont add

> any friends and close off your account in the privacy settings.

>

> We just sold our boat yesterday and have been looking for a new one. All

> the good deals are on Facebook marketplace.

I'm looking for a sailboat! This tip ain't too bad

Good deals are on marketplace but the search function sucks donkey ass. They use an algorithm to determine what you want to see instead of using your search terms. It's designed so you have to scroll through endless shit listings and see more ads to get to what you actually want to look at.

Yeah that's obviously the big downside of marketplace, but when things are 50% cheaper than on all other places i look for boats its worth the effort.

yea marketplace is pretty much dominating. there was offerup and letgo, but the posts on there are old, people stopped checking them - everyone just went to marketplace cuz it's where everyone went. waterfall

If you're looking to sell, may I suggest bringatrailer.com ?

because hooooly mackerel!!!

Screenshot_20200625-102806_SamsungInternet.jpg

go check it out and type in "puch"

Rick Bergsma /

Pushrod Fifty /

The Bargain News here in CT is still in operation, online. I have brought cars, boats and bikes on it for years. Drove away a solid 66 Chevelle for $100.00, cant beat that!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account