Moped Beats 1,000 cc super bikes

Overpriced Parts /

Just kidding, it’s not a Moped but it doesn't look much bigger then a Puch Magnum

Re: Moped Beats 1,000 cc super bikes

punkrock randy /

Badass!! #5 gets real loose at about 2:00. Love the handlebars shape, perfect for laying on your left side

I saw some of this racing on a UK television programme. Guy Martin, a famous superbike rider and Isle of Man racer went over to Japan to check stuff out. He is mad in to engineering and anything with wheels and that certain episode he went racing with one of the Japanese stars. It was a great watch.

Excellent example of engineering a specific purpose into a bike. But everybody there probably knew what was going on....look at those bars.

On a road course, that guy stood no chance. But on A short oval, those superbikes can't get anywhere near racing speeds.

Can remember what it's called but I remember a style of Moto racing I watched when I was a kid this sorta reminds me of. Really narrow big wheel bikes racing on dirt and somtimes ice. Triangular frames n such. I somehow remember that jawa was a big source for engines in that circuit to.....really narrow frame bikes....huh

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, it's def like a 650+cc bike, but built for this purpose.

Overpriced Parts /

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Excellent example of engineering a specific purpose into a bike. But

> everybody there probably knew what was going on....look at those bars.

>

> On a road course, that guy stood no chance. But on A short oval, those

> superbikes can't get anywhere near racing speeds.

>

> Can remember what it's called but I remember a style of Moto racing I

> watched when I was a kid this sorta reminds me of. Really narrow big

> wheel bikes racing on dirt and somtimes ice. Triangular frames n such. I

> somehow remember that jawa was a big source for engines in that circuit

> to.....really narrow frame bikes....huh

Yeah those bikes you’re describing are speedway bikes that Drift on the dirt track, they only have one gear, one clutch lever and no brakes

Love watching speedway races

Flat track racing

speedway is nuts! it's definitely fun to watch, I'm not far from Lima the do some there and another track north of midohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account