Re: Funny/scary/prophetic, all at the same time? Open me!

punkrock randy /

My great aunt got taken down by a shit owners loose dog on her bike. Cracked her head hard and had bleeding on her brain. Concussion fucked her up for a long time. Granted I wasn’t wearing one in ‘04 for my motorcycle accident. Helmets aren’t really all that stupid. Call me sissified or willing to take simple solutions to real problems. Doesn’t bother me at all.

Helmets are totally required for anything that moves you faster than your own two feet (or in a position higher than them).

We were burning a guy, a pedestrian, that felt endangered just walking around without a helmet.

I hate vicious dogs. I’ve only stood in the street with a gun draw twice in my life. Both times were to shoot a dog (never had to shoot). I want every mean dog euthanized and every owner of an aggressive animal charged with aggravated menacing. My childhood is scattered with countless times I had to run for my life or ride a bike away from dogs. I’m lucky. But I’ve seen plenty of people with scars from it.

Papa said: ` I hate vicious dogs. I’ve only stood in the street with a gun draw twice in my life. Both times were to shoot a dog (never had to shoot). I want every mean dog euthanized and every owner of an aggressive animal charged with aggravated menacing. My childhood is scattered with countless times I had to run for my life or ride a bike away from dogs. I’m lucky. But I’ve seen plenty of people with scars from it.'

I am in full agreement with this. I will not tolerate a vicious dog. Attack and they die. No matter WHO owns it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > punkrock randy Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Sissified, nothings allowed? Sounds kind of exaggerated for our

>

> > current

>

> >

>

> > > times, sorry. I love nostalgia but the olden days had their faults

> for

>

> >

>

> > > sure, just that the mind pushes out the bad memories more so than

> the

>

> >

>

> > > good. I’m ready for some mad max shit, I’ll hoard some gasoline for

>

> >

>

> > > sure. Too bad it becomes less volatile:-/ I need an old manual

> trans

>

> >

>

> > > Merc diesel.

>

> >

>

> > 6.2 mechanical diesel, emp proof! ;)

>

> Earlier merc diesels were mechanical. Get a manual, u can bump start and

> u don’t even need a battery. Except in MN, then u need a good Frost

> diesel coolant heater. Ours worked incredibly last winter, granted it’s

> a weaker MO winter.

I never would have thought you could bump start a diesel, had one for a week or so, you could not shut it off with the key, had to lift the hood and shut off the air with a valve or something...was a kookey car, I don't know if it was a mechanical diesel or not I don't know a lot about them, no issues with them, just never had dealings. The heaters are a good thing, I think the newer diesel trucks have two batteries?

Epileptics sometimes need to wear helmets post-seizure for extended periods depending on the area of the brain thats shorting out.

Just sayin

Good.

An outside agency should monitor the next elections so republicans don't cheat again like they always do;

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Epileptics sometimes need to wear helmets post-seizure for extended

> periods depending on the area of the brain thats shorting out.

>

> Just sayin

I thought of that as I was driving away, but had asked the guy if he was alright, had he crashed on his bicycle....he said "no I just feel much safer with this on is all" maybe did not want to admit to a medical condition...who's to say, I did not give him any shit to his face, but it sure made me wonder. Whatever does it for ya I guess.

Who knows, this country sure is a weird fucking place lately.

my eyes have rolled all the way out the back of my head. You can totally still play old video games on a CRT and not have a smartphone or even only have a landline.

demolition man's a pretty great movie tho. even thoughi dont like sandra bullock, she was in a buncha "good" silly movies

also definitely wear a helmet. I used to skateboard a lot and never wore a helmet, I justified it to myself as "it's my life, I'll take that risk since I'd be the one to suffer"

Then my friend busted his head when we were bombing a hill. It was one of the worst times in my life, holding his motionless body as he was bleeding out his nose from hitting the back of his head. I was panicked i dont even remember calling the ambulance but I did, alternately screaming and crying and shivvering and just quietly numb. He was in a coma for months, still can't use his body but mentally he's there, which is excruciatingly frustrating, knowing what you want to say or do but his body won't follow.

But most eye opening was how much that impacted me, and more than me, all of our friends, his whole family. He had to live in a rehabilition facility for months, and the financial cost borne by his family, despite having healthcare, was enormous. Even just considering staying in hotels at a rehab out of town, then the time it takes not working to get to doctors and experts

in the end, moving back home wound up too much strain and ending his parent's relationship. All these ripple effects devastating people around you - it's your choice yes, but the repurcussions of that choice won't be borne just by you.

Wear a helmet, it's extremely selfish not to.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account