Custom Mini Cleaver from Jesse McLanahan

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

A few months ago I found out a member on here is a custom knife maker. I saw one of his "mini cleavers" and knew I had to have one. I went to his Instagram page @jessemc.design and got in touch with him to commission a custom one.. i picked out a knife blank, and sent him a rough drawing of my desired handle color, design, and materials (purple hart/black G10, brass pins) and waited. This is what I got! Its exactly what I was hoping for, beautifully finished. Even came with a very nice sheath and some stickers. Fits my hand perfectly! Can't wait to slice some water bottles with it. Thanks Jesse!

20200702_190151.jpg
20200702_190228.jpg

Re: Custom Mini Cleaver from Jesse McLanahan

Very cool. I posted this in another thread but I figured it fit here also. I made this little guy from an old file. Need to profile the blade a little more but came out pretty good for my first try. Mahogany handle with brass pins.

20181216_162307.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Very cool. I posted this in another thread but I figured it fit here also. I made this little guy from an old file.

I really dig that, nicely done! Now im tempted to make one

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Very cool. I posted this in another thread but I figured it fit here

> also. I made this little guy from an old file.

>

> I really dig that, nicely done! Now im tempted to make one

I used a plasma to blast holes for the pins. Not gonna drill through a file very easy. I also used the plasma to get the rough shape then used a flap wheel and belt sanders for the rest. Very handy knife.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I used a plasma to blast holes for the pins

Well crap, Im probably out of luck on that then. My company had a plasma years back that was awesome, but now Im without. Ive got a torch and drill bits!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account