Re: Fake News costs lives

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> “The hick vote”. Funny. How do you justify disparaging a group of

> people, because you disagree with their values, beliefs, geography, or

> lifestyle. From what I’m seeing on the news, all y’all city folk ain’t

> so bright. When yinz run outta food, think twice about us hicks- we can

> see you coming from a long ways off.

This! ^

Yesterday, out for a long drive, the cornfields and soybean fields of central Ohio gave us an appreciation of how Rural people feed the country.

Bully for them!

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > “The hick vote”. Funny. How do you justify disparaging a group of

>

> > people, because you disagree with their values, beliefs, geography, or

>

> > lifestyle. From what I’m seeing on the news, all y’all city folk ain’t

>

> > so bright. When yinz run outta food, think twice about us hicks- we

> can

>

> > see you coming from a long ways off.

>

> This! ^

>

> Yesterday, out for a long drive, the cornfields and soybean fields of

> f central Ohio gave us an appreciation of how Rural people feed the

> country.

>

> Bully for them!

Ya, with all the pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and gmo crops. Most farmers grow their own crops without all that shit for their own family consumption. Home grown is always better.

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> “The hick vote”. Funny. How do you justify disparaging a group of

> people, because you disagree with their values, beliefs, geography, or

> lifestyle. From what I’m seeing on the news, all y’all city folk ain’t

> so bright. When yinz run outta food, think twice about us hicks- we can

> see you coming from a long ways off.

Re: Fake News costs lives

> The argument that "rural areas supply the food so you need us" is really

> fucking dumb. mostly because it implies that cities aren't doing

> anything productive, all productivity comes from rural areas. it's

> moronic, both play a critically important role.

>

> That said, I'd agree city folks aren't bright, neither are rural folks.

> people are dumb. you reaffirm this for us regularly ;)

>

> It is a VERY interesting point though the disparity between city life

> and rural life and how that affects politics.

>

> take min wage. you can do just fine in most small towns paying like

> 3-500 a month in rent and livin on minimum wage, but in a city where

> you're lucky to find a place less than 2-3x that much, child care is

> more expensive, food etc, raising min wage is necessity. that's just one

> example.

>

> you're also less likely to experience or witness things like police

> brutality in a small town but you can very easily empathize with loss of

> property, and you get very different views on shit like the protests.

>

> You're less likely to catch a pandemic disease or know gay couples or

> work closely with 1st generation immigrants, and that affects how people

> view those topics absolutely.

Wow Will, nice jab! But you digress. You’re really out of touch with the rest of the country. You should get out more. I know the metropolises contribute, and I value the productivity you mention. I’m typing on my iPad from the city, on an internet signal provided and generated by city resources. My money and mortgage are at city banks. I studied in the city, and spent most of my adult life living&working in cities. I could go on. But the truth remains, when resources are strained, cities will run out first. The rural folk have the resources and knowledge & space to save them. Currently, within yards of my home, tens of thousands of acres of wheat, peas, canola, and garbanzos are being harvested and shipped worldwide. Everybody around me has gardens and raises livestock. We don’t really need much you have to offer.

Also out of touch is your idea off small town life. I can’t compare police brutality, in light of recent events, but a lot of small town cops are arrogant dicks. Try speeding through a small, rural town you’re not from. Cops here are great, to the locals. My town has a population of ~2500. Rent for a 2-3 bedroom house is $800-1400. Based on my recent appraisal, median home value is probably $250-300k. We have several openly gay & trans. And how can you not realize that most ag workers are immigrants? There are many, many 1st gen immigrants here and in most of rural America. Talk about reaffirming lack of human intelligence ;) And you know why our views of the protests differ? Partly because you can’t see the forest for the trees. You’re like a frog in a pot of water on the stove. Most of the USA can see what’s really going on, but you’re blinded by what’s in front of you. We can see the separation of the protests vs anarchy. We see the peaceful protesters and the opportunist rioters. For those of you in the midst, the lines get blurred.

So, how about we appreciate the views out different windows, instead of criticizing them so much. We don’t all see the same thing when we throw open the shades.

Re: Fake News costs lives

"Currently, within yards of my home, tens of thousands of acres of wheat, peas, canola, and garbanzos are being harvested and shipped worldwide. Everybody around me has gardens and raises livestock. We don’t really need much you have to offer."

Ya gonna grow an oil refinery too up there in AmericaTown? And pretty sure cottons tough to grow north of the mid-atlantic so are you going with the straight Beaver pelt look or perhaps a mixture of Bull Moose and Fisher Cat with Beaver tails for the flair?

Re: Fake News costs lives

Ima ride my horse nekkid, bitch.

Cuz we don’t have refineries. Or cotton.

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Seth B Wrote:

>

> Wow Will, nice jab! But you digress. You’re really out of touch with the

> rest of the country. You should get out more. I know the metropolises

> contribute, and I value the productivity you mention. I’m typing on my

> iPad from the city, on an internet signal provided and generated by city

> resources. My money and mortgage are at city banks. I studied in the

> city, and spent most of my adult life living&working in cities. I could

> go on. But the truth remains, when resources are strained, cities will

> run out first. The rural folk have the resources and knowledge & space

> to save them. Currently, within yards of my home, tens of thousands of

> acres of wheat, peas, canola, and garbanzos are being harvested and

> shipped worldwide. Everybody around me has gardens and raises livestock.

> We don’t really need much you have to offer.

>

> Also out of touch is your idea off small town life. I can’t compare

> police brutality, in light of recent events, but a lot of small town

> cops are arrogant dicks. Try speeding through a small, rural town you’re

> not from. Cops here are great, to the locals. My town has a population

> of ~2500. Rent for a 2-3 bedroom house is $800-1400. Based on my recent

> appraisal, median home value is probably $250-300k. We have several

> openly gay & trans. And how can you not realize that most ag workers are

> immigrants? There are many, many 1st gen immigrants here and in most of

> rural America. Talk about reaffirming lack of human intelligence ;) And

> you know why our views of the protests differ? Partly because you can’t

> see the forest for the trees. You’re like a frog in a pot of water on

> the stove. Most of the USA can see what’s really going on, but you’re

> blinded by what’s in front of you. We can see the separation of the

> protests vs anarchy. We see the peaceful protesters and the opportunist

> rioters. For those of you in the midst, the lines get blurred.

>

> So, how about we appreciate the views out different windows, instead of

> criticizing them so much. We don’t all see the same thing when we throw

> open the shades.

Fair points - I've managed to reaffirm a point I often make against others - using my acute personal experiences to make judgements. I grew up in rural NH, cops were 100% fucking assholes. The big central town was just over 6000 with demographics of >96% white, 2% Asian and less than a handful of black families. I'll admit a lot of that was based on specific prejudiced individuals I've known in rural areas. There are definitely plenty of decent people in rural areas and cities, and plenty of angry hateful selfish assholes in both places too who still eagerly support our garbage president and the hate he promotes.

But we both make the same point, that people in cities and rural areas are both important, and that a big part of the divisiveness is inability for one to understand the struggles of the other. I just wanted to point out instances that can enhance that disconnect, and should not apply it as a blanket assessment of all rural areas in general

I very much reject the idea that rural areas are more important though, or that cities don't deserve equal voice, person for person, just because rural areas supply more basic needs.

Re: Fake News costs lives

 "I grew up in rural NH"

Off and on we lived in NH growing up, fuck. that. place.

Re: Fake News costs lives

I honestly miss a lot about it, but im glad for having left too. In a weird small world coincidence my sister in law wound up marrying a dude from the tiny town right next to mine.

Some of my best friends still live there, my dad's in keene

Re: Fake News costs lives

interestingly I just saw some thing after I closed this about ammon bundy supporting BLM. "You must have a problem in your mind if you think that somehow the Black Lives Matter is more dangerous than the police,” “You must have a problem in your mind if you think that Antifa is the one going to take your freedom"

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> interestingly I just saw some thing after I closed this about ammon

> bundy supporting BLM. "You must have a problem in your mind if you think

> that somehow the Black Lives Matter is more dangerous than the police,”

> “You must have a problem in your mind if you think that Antifa is the

> one going to take your freedom"

I’m kinda a supporter of Ammon, in some ways. He’s a bit extreme sometimes, but he’s not all bad. He is big anti-government and big against law enforcement overreach- so we have some commonality. He is part of a group currently working to restore rights in Idaho and Washington. He is the head of Restore Washington & Restore Idaho, if I’m not mistaken.

Last week, one of the Restore Idaho leaders was driving home from a rally at night. An oncoming vehicle flashed its brights, so he flashed back. Turns out the other vehicle was a cop. Cop started harassing him about faulty equipment, and making threats. The guy got scared & fled. Cops perused. He called on his cell to report it, and said he would stop when he got to his home county. More cops joined the chase. As soon as he crossed county line, he pulled over. They shot him several times in the head. He survived. I don’t know a lot of the facts surrounding this incident, only what Ammon’s side of the story was. There are problem cops wherever you go.

Re: Fake News costs lives

Just looked on the website for "restore Washington", looks an awfull lot like a pyramid scheme targeting dumb people that dislike paying taxes.

Edit; and the website is really badly written and poorly made. Don't these anti tax thugs know you can get 15 year olds to make you a better website for 50$ (and you don't have to pay taxes) (edited)

Re: Fake News costs lives

Keenes not bad at all.

Nor Amherst, Bedford, Hollis, etc. And there are some really nice towns but jfc, Manchester is complete and total shithole and that MAGA mentality has metastasized all around the state.

Re: Fake News costs lives

of course you kinda support him.

It's like flies on shit the way you morons flock to support these dummies.

He's a thief and thinks laws don't apply to him or his family because something-something sovereign citizen, Throw Bread On Me, Ruby Ridge, etc...

Now he's getting his taste of the COVID grift and making a few bucks "fighting tyranny" by yelling about masks or some dumb shit that you'll stroke your chin and say "makes sense to me" and go buy whatever chinese made crap he's trying to sell like Der Orangeführer.

It's ALL a right wing con and you're the mark.

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just looked on the website for "restore Washington", looks an awfull lot

> like a pyramid scheme targeting dumb people that dislike paying taxes.

>

> Edit; and the website is really badly written and poorly made. Don't

> these anti tax thugs know you can get 15 year olds to make you a better

> website for 50$ (and you don't have to pay taxes)

I don’t know wtf you’re even referring to, and apparently neither do you. But it sounds like we’re on different pages. Keep trying to be relevant, even though... never mind.

Re: Fake News costs lives

"The guy got scared & fled."

giphy-58.gif

Are you talking about THIS guy?

Because you sure made it sound like he was just some rando freedumb lovin' cowboy and not a previous member of a violent armed confrontation with Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement.

Screenshot_20200731-152225_SamsungInternet.jpg

Re: Fake News costs lives

Whatever bruh. I didn’t make it out like nothing. I clearly stated I had little info on the matter, just what I had read in an initial statement. Also, I was pretty clear in my support being limited to disdain of big government and law enforcement overreach. But keep reaching.

By the way, how is it you have a problem with the cops in the George Floyd case, and not here? Pretty similar, actually. Fake $20 vs Equipment Malfunction, both people had a history with law enforcement. One was murdered, the other was attempted to be. Somehow, because this guy is a white redneck, he deserved it? You racist fuck!

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Keenes not bad at all.

>

> Nor Amherst, Bedford, Hollis, etc. And there are some really nice towns

> but jfc, Manchester is complete and total shithole and that MAGA

> mentality has metastasized all around the state.

my first "car accident" was police harassing me for pushing a shopping cart at the Amherst Wal-Mart one night. My prom was in Bedford, and my 1st arrest was in Hollis. haha. My brother in law's from wilton/milford

heroin's bad and trump machismo is real heartbreaking

Re: Fake News costs lives

cops are fucks everywhere, I can concede to that. they're also regularly more awful to black people. that's gotta change first. but we can do both - defund (or 'rearrange funding' for those scared by the word defund when it's not used referring to schools or healthcare or family services etc) police, end qualified immunity, and while I'm generally a supporter of unions, including use of force in collective bargaining is total shit. Hours, salaries, vacations, breaks absolutely. guaranteeing protection from penalty when you wig out and kill some innocent people doesn't belong in contracts

Re: Fake News costs lives

One guy takes off from a traffic stop, starts firing at State and Federal police and lives.

The other guy gets choked to death for (possibly unknowingly) passing a fake $20.

Can you not see the difference here?

Re: Fake News costs lives

punkrock randy /

It’s Seth B your talking to, so he most definitely cannot see the difference. Friggin’ nazis👎🏼

Re: Fake News costs lives

The fake news media has given the Marxists and Anarchists all the slack they've needed to cause irreparable harm to the minds of young people, who don't have life's experience enough to see they're being taken.

Re: Fake News costs lives

Hate to tell you Don, the trump supporters are the ones who have been taken, the man is a pathological liar, because there have never been any consequences for his actions, he just does whatever he feels, ok if you own a company, not ok at all for running the country. He is a disgrace to the office and the Republican party, he may well have doomed it.

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hate to tell you Don, the trump supporters are the ones who have been

> taken, the man is a pathological liar, because there have never been any

> consequences for his actions, he just does whatever he feels, ok if you

> own a company, not ok at all for running the country. He is a disgrace

> to the office and the Republican party, he may well have doomed it.

Yup! But you wouldn't know that being out of touch with reality.

Re: Fake News costs lives

Unfortunately, i'm in touch with far more reality than I want to be...lol. Wish I still drank, I would not care about this bs.... Oh well. Shit's gonna get weird come November... stock up, stay out of view. Not going full prepper, but going by the theory that one of anything is none, 2 of anything is one. Keep extra's on hand in case of another lockdown and run on TP, between the virus in the air and the virus in the white house, "normal" will not be seen anytime soon. Gun ownership may be in my future....I really hate to feel that way, but it is a tool that gives you a few more options than not. Trust no one. To all you treasonous idiots who voted for trump, go fuck yourselves.

Re: Fake News costs lives

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Unfortunately, i'm in touch with far more reality than I want to

> be...lol. Wish I still drank, I would not care about this bs.... Oh

> well. Shit's gonna get weird come November... stock up, stay out of

> view. Not going full prepper, but going by the theory that one of

> anything is none, 2 of anything is one. Keep extra's on hand in case of

> another lockdown and run on TP, between the virus in the air and the

> virus in the white house, "normal" will not be seen anytime soon. Gun

> ownership may be in my future....I really hate to feel that way, but it

> is a tool that gives you a few more options than not. Trust no one. To

> all you treasonous idiots who voted for trump, go fuck yourselves.

LOL! I own guns and I never forget that taking a life is the last option. Guns should never be brandished or touted. You can thank Hollywood for all of that shit.

Re: Fake News costs lives

^ Agreed, my area is safe, but not everywhere is and when there is an unknown, being prepared is better than not, right now all I have known and lived by is in limbo, may go real bad or maybe not, but why not be prepared for the worst.

Re: Fake News costs lives

Jimmy Cincinnati /

the problem with the defund the police movement is that many truly want to defund the police. Not everyone is inline with your thinking on "rearrange funding." I actually like your thoughts on defunding the police Will... its a consideration I would certainly entertain... I'm just not for the total abolishment of police as I have actually heard some advocate for. Since I was a kid I felt police targeted certain demographics and harassed them... I was accused and harassed by police in my younger years and many of those times it was truly unwarranted. But we need some sort of law and order.

I've said it before... I think the title defund the police is a bad slogan. you get some that take it literal on both sides which detracts from someone like Wills position. The young hippy yelling all cops are pigs just hardens the resolve on both sides.. I've heard countless on the right take it for face value and immediately dismiss any chance at some sort bi-partisan support that you might have just got... which is sad because many conservatives might actually be for police rearrangements in structure and funding. Look im a conservative and i would support your cause. If you truly believe in the change your pushing then stop creating a rift and build some bridges.

Re: Fake News costs lives

I think it comes, and gets due frustration, because of the high willingness to entertain calls to defund schools, the post office, the EPA, transportaition, housing, Health and human services, veterans affairs, Medicaid, food stamps etc etc etc.

so many have openly embraced defunding these beneficial programs but when you bring up the reality that our police force is not functioning as it should and call to address some of the egregious spending and misappropriation of funds and efforts there using the word "defund" it's now completely unthinkable

but you're right, it's to easy to twist that term into an image of impossible anarchic lawlessness as opposed to a real proposal, and police are a force which affects us all tangibly, whereas the impact of say not having a properly funded EPA might seem a positive even for people who want that sort of lawlessness that allows them to destroy the planet, versus the possibility of allowing "others' to destroy/steal their own immediate possessions

Re: Fake News costs lives

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

its going to get ugly


latest news

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account