Re: Should we bury Craigslist?

I use the "reply" button. Then you know I replied, and don't take a bunch of space up with shit you already read.

Pushrod Fifty /

I bookmarked a CL motorcycle search with -harley typed in. That weeds out half of the stuff that Im not interested in.

y'all every use auto-alert systems like "IfThisThenThat" or whatever? I setup some apps to perouse CL and alert me fore specific keywords, tomas and derbi, good 50 shifties or mopeds etc. It works, sends you a note almost as soon as stuffs posted, but I dont think I actually wound up getting good deals that way, just felt extra FOMO for not getting stuff...

My old bike spotted on cl. Gave the dude a super deal and now he's selling for a fortune 🙄. It was a fast bike made with all used parts I had laying around, rode it daily to lunch.

Screenshot_20200715-085721_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

I recently sold two bikes on the same craigslist ad and an inflatable boat yesterday within 4 hours of posting. All sold for full asking price.

You could always offer to buy it back for what you paid

Nah, I dont need another moped right now. Been putting money into my flareside project.

Just dropped the $5.00 to unload my Crown Vic, we shall see....I still peruse daily, can't help it! :)

Pushrod Fifty /

You should at least break even lol

^ Ha! :D

Martin Hodo /

Yes, dirt bikes have gone up a lot. Especially Yamaha dt125 or 175, Suzuki models in same cc's.

Deals can still be had but you must scour, people post shit in the wrong sections, no pics, thumb over the lens etc.

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Deals can still be had but you must scour, people post shit in the wrong

> sections, no pics, thumb over the lens etc.

"Thomas" "mopad"

I like when they have ten closeup pics of the bike, but not an overall shot. Or pics in a dark garage, leaning up against the Nordic track covered in trashbags.

or when it's not even the moped, you just see something in the background of another picture - remember steven buzzards snagging the old Toledo tomos chopper just in the background of a car engine on craigslist? haha

Lol, yeah one blurry pic taken at night of a wheel of some sort of two wheeled vehicle.

I got an original 70's swing bike that way. Dude has some crap pictures in his garage for some crap bike, with a rusty swing bike in the background. Asked about it, and got it for $25.

Restored it and sold it for $550.

2014-07-01 14.36.35.jpg

Wow, that's one cool bicycle. I would love to ride one of those.

Those bikes are super cool and a trick to see. My buddy has a pair of them he rides around swap meets, people dont know what it is and he'll swing the front end out and the people will look perplexed lol

Pretty nice bike, price seems high but it is Texas after all.

Screenshot_20200721-142111_Samsung Internet.jpg

dang that swingbike rules. We built a few for fun at my old bike co-op, used to race em down the parking deck. super score, I never really realized it was a thing anyone actually sold haha

Funny thing about my swing bike. I had it on Craig's for months. Just kept getting low ball offers.

Then American Pickers found one on their show, and the next day I sold mine for full price, and had calls for weeks, even after I deleted the ad.

> baird co Wrote:

> Funny thing about my swing bike. I had it on Craig's for months. Just

> kept getting low ball offers.

>

> Then American Pickers found one on their show, and the next day I sold

> mine for full price, and had calls for weeks, even after I deleted the

> ad.

Yeah I have seen this trend here also. If American pickers found some rusty ass old sign then any rusty sign is worth hundreds. If it looks like it may have been a sign at one point and has an F that is kinda recognizable then it is worth a few hundred. Rust sells now. I am cashing in on it. I live on the coast so I can say any rusty junk I have was found in a barn on the coast of maine. That is why it is rusty. The actual reason is I found it at the dump and tossed it to the side, let the weeds grow up around it, then I pissed on it for 5 years and then found it again after I weed wacked and was like.....fuck I shoud sell this. Rusty gold.

Pushrod Fifty /

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hamden-yamaho-250b/7163839992.html

This beats anything Ive found on cl.

A "Yamaho". (edited)

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> https://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hamden-yamaho-250b/7163839992.html

>

> This beats anything Ive found on cl.

>

> A "Yamaho".

I would jump on that, damn

^ Damn! Sweet deal!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

yup, that is a hell of a deal, bet its sold.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea its a great deal.

Pushrod Fifty /

Dirty30 Dillon /

Also a great deal.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account