Re: Should we bury Craigslist?

Bury ebay too. I'm done after 20 years

I dislike amazon enough that ebay usually wins for weird items I don't have a place or time to find locally

anyone use shopgoodwill.com?

It's pretty good oftentimes, reminds me of early ebay, actually used stuff, good deals

they gouge the shit out of you on shipping though if you're not careful. You buy a kid's t-shirt for $3 and it's $15 shipping and handling. it's not bad depending on the item, but heavy stuff or cross country shipping is not often worth it.

Still I got some new helmets from there, seen good deals on race leathers etc, old videogames and cassette tapes and sunglasses, whatever

No doubt!! Craigslist is history when it comes to the moped game.

Pushrod Fifty /

Amazon is the last resort for me.

^same. but usually that means eBay

bury CL? probably not yet. i might have to use it to sell off my moped shit, this whole MA thing isnt working to well. i used CL one time to try, and sell a bike. it was not fun having my time wasted. hell i might even have to get back on faceplace after 7 yrs of freedom from that shit show. fuck fleecebay quit that dump 3yrs ago. never again.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It’s the same deal on FB marketplace. I’m fed up with the same idiots asking me questions which are already addressed in the description. If they would just take 30 seconds to read it, they wouldn’t have to waste my time. Then there’s the bottom feeders who throw out ridiculousLy low offers on your stuff without even seeing it. I’m disgusted with all these online classifieds. I’ll keep my shit before I’d let it go to a low life bottom feeder.

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> bury CL? probably not yet. i might have to use it to sell off my moped

> shit, this whole MA thing isnt working to well. i used CL one time to

> try, and sell a bike. it was not fun having my time wasted. hell i might

> even have to get back on faceplace after 7 yrs of freedom from that shit

> show. fuck fleecebay quit that dump 3yrs ago. never again.

Pushrod Fifty /

I always put firm price and dont have those problems.

Mark Younggren /

Just scored on craigslist over the weekend in Texas. Its still alive but not near as much 10yrs ago. Everywhere seems to be pretty dry unless you are in the Midwest or north east per usual but even then a few rich people bought all the good bikes and just store them and never ride.

It is amazing how many people can't read a few lines description, READ MORE! It's not hard, unless I guess you were raised by the internet and have the attention span of a fruit fly.....

I've sold close to a dozen bikes in the past year. the majority were to friends or other moped folks thru facebook (groups not marketplace). All the bikes I've bought were through friends.

apart from friends I've sold 4 motorcycles and 6 or so mopeds, 1 moped was buy/sell here, 1 moped was on craigslist, the rest to friends via facebook or Instagram posts (not marketplace). all 4 motorcycles sold through facebook marketplace.

In the past 5 years I've bought 3 cars and sold 2. 1 car was a dealer, 1 I bought on craigslist, 1 was a facebook group (not marketplace). The cars I sold, 1 were craigslist, 1 facebook marketplace. I am absolutely forgetting some

Last house I rented we looked at maybe 7 places all via craigslist (5 years ago). Currently looking and it's 100% scams. Not a single legitimate listing. Facebook marketplace is equally useless,

For parts, everything I can comes from dos and treats, even if it's more expensive, cuz theyre better and it comes out better in the end. I used amazon until it was too obvious how immoral that is, really just their imbalnced attention to employees, and now it's mostly ebay or individual sites for rando lil junks

I couldnt find anything on CL within 1000 miles of my house that wasnt trash for $400 or riding under $1k. I'm sad for it, and I dont have face book to find any goodies there.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account