Re: WTF GM?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm counting at least 12 threads in that pic,Bud. Where do you get ALL

> THREE THREADS?

That image is of a Triton head, not the 2 valve 5.4.

punkrock randy /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Take yer `Toy-Motor' so-called truck and put 5000 lbs. of rock in the

> the bed and drive it around. My F-250 hauls 5000 lbs. easily. 1988

> model.

F-250 is a 3/4 ton, do you know how many pounds that is? Quite far from 5K. Go ahead and compare to a Tundra for more weight and you’ll get yer ass kicked.

I enjoy watching don make a fool of himself on every topic.

Anyways Blaine, here is what I used on the junk ass ford motor that I repaired along side the road. Its a kit with 3 different lengths of solid over sized steel threadserts that come with an over size tap. You know the drill, lots of grease on the tap to hold the shavings. Worked like a charm.

P.S. you will be needing another spark plug boot too because the original will be roached.

9020056_afs_98141_pri_larg.jpg

(edited)

I agree cars are less personally accessible/reparable now, but it's also true that cars are lasting a lot longer than they used to, in general.

I think part of it for me is I'm still thinking of like an 80's car the way I did in 2000, as being an "old" car and a early 2000's civic for example as being a "new" car. But like for 20 years I've not changed that view much where now a 2000 civic is as old as the cars I remember being pretty "reliable" 20 years ago when they were 20 years old...

I guess my point is that maybe our gauge of reliability is skewed as time stretches out.

I used to grease the tap, tap a few turns, pull it out, clean and re-grease, repeat.

Almost dropped a tap inside from going to far once.

No more grease for me. I air up the intake thru the purge hose with blow gun with a rubber band on the trigger just enough to let the air flow, then turn the motor until air is blowing out the plug hole. Tap it dry 13 turns. All the chips blow out as i tap.

Then i thread the insert on the plug and make it tight. Then a couple drops of red loktite and run it in 13 turns. Done.

I’ve seen a few that the insert came out with a plug change. Dry tapping lets the loktite do its thing.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> I enjoy watching don make a fool of himself on every topic.

You guys make no sense. That designation has NOTHING to do with the capacity a PU will carry. It is all about the heavy dutiness of the Truck,which ToyMotor hasn't got any. LOL!

5000 lbs. in the bed of my F-250 is a REAL CONTRACTOR load on a trusted quality PU like a Ford 250. Now I'm sure the newer ones probably can only carry 2 tons.

Matter of fact, while you're busy being stupid about HD trucks, read this on the THREE-QUARTER ton Ford 250 in 2019.................payload is 4270 lbs.

That's over TWO TONS of payload.

https://www.greenbrierford.com/research/superduty-towing-payload-capacity.htm

Tweaker trash /

> Bob Naske Wrote:

> Onstar probably knows you made a mess in your garage. They're sending

> the anti-freeze Po-Po.

Lmao

punkrock randy /

Have fun with rotten cab and bed mounts. That’ll be a hindrance. That’s all i see outta your beloved early 2000’s FoR=Ds

Tweaker trash /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> In My 93 and 94 Chevy g20 vans and My 2003 Astro Had the stupid

> plastic/composite radiators that would leak when they get real hot, Not

> bad just like a cup a coolant a week,

>

> When weather was cool to be no leaks But soon as the dog days of summer

> r came hairline cracks would fine spray in the engine compartment in

> different areas so I wouldn’t know where the leak was coming from just

> find drips under the vans in the driveway or parking lot after the van

> set for a while,

>

> Every time took the vans to a shop and said there’s nothing wrong no

> leaks when pressure tested,

>

> When Winter would come would be no leaks

>

> The 93 radiator I replaced myself and it took me a long time to find the

> hairline crack

>

> It happened on three different vehicles always was ended up crack or

> cracks

>

> somewhere in the plastic/composite radiator body but always in a

> different spot,

>

> My 03 Astro two years ago I just brought it to a radiator shop that was

> very reasonably priced, of course an hour later they called and they

> said they pressure tested and couldn't find any leaks I said replace the

> radiator anyway and then I didn’t find any spots in my driveway any

> more.

>

> Fluid has is always been changed and proper coolant mix was always used,

> Them Chevy van Radiators are junk

It probably had stress cracks, gets hot and expands. When they pressurize it at the shop they don’t have heat

punkrock randy /

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/what-does-1-2-3-4-and-one-ton-mean-ar170528.amp.html

It appears that back in the day it was accurate and nowadays everyone lies about =Dick and truck size alike. More of a model designation than actual abilities. But your 88 is old,back when America actually made solid trucks instead of junk. My Toyota pickup will be on the road much longer than your truck regardless. Because, Toyota.

Toyota rocks, no question, but do do Ford trucks, mine has 324,000 on it, going strong, granted, it had excellent maintenance. Only issue with Toyota's is the rust, yes Fords rust too, but Toyota rusts worse. I would rate the engine life around the same, but they are quite different types of engines. If I lived where rock salt was not dumped on the road every winter, would rock a Toyota for sure 1990-2000 models are damn near indestructible. My '94 Tercel has 203 k on it and would go another 100k if it would not rust away first, going after it with a grinder, some flex paste and spray on Bedliner this fall, hopefully get another year or two out of it, it's still pretty solid. Yes, I drive that in the winter vs the truck, that tiny thing plows through the snow like nobody's business. :)

It used to be back in the day that Ford~Toyota & Chevy ~ Nissan, except big & small.

whatabout those 2010 era ford explorers that alllll rust out in the exact same place behind the rear wheel wells. it's like every one. toyota corollas without hubcaps.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> whatabout those 2010 era ford explorers that alllll rust out in the

> exact same place behind the rear wheel wells. it's like every one.

> toyota corollas without hubcaps.

We’re those the same ones that would explode like Pintos?

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> I used to grease the tap, tap a few turns, pull it out, clean and

> re-grease, repeat.

>

> Almost dropped a tap inside from going to far once.

>

> No more grease for me. I air up the intake thru the purge hose with

> h blow gun with a rubber band on the trigger just enough to let the air

> flow, then turn the motor until air is blowing out the plug hole. Tap it

> dry 13 turns. All the chips blow out as i tap.

>

> Then i thread the insert on the plug and make it tight. Then a couple

> e drops of red loktite and run it in 13 turns. Done.

>

> I’ve seen a few that the insert came out with a plug change. Dry tapping

> lets the loktite do its thing.

I agree with ya Blaine 100% in a perfect world or a shop. I was forced to make an emergency repair along side the interstate. No compressed air. I did try to remove as much grease as possible with parts cleaner and cranking the motor before applying loctite and inserting the threadsert.

My 1/2ton 54 still does truck stuff. Mileage unknown. Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.

Probably ton and a half of brick here..

02738B1D-DFC2-46B1-A76A-3D87F56AB003.jpeg

This is what 2600 pounds of crusher waste looks like on it.

12764280-BC6E-4BCC-843E-D9DFC8A151E0.jpeg

Blaine I love your truck. Had a 50 step side with a 400 sb chevy and some kind of GM frame clip. Wish I'd never got rid of it (edited)

punkrock randy /

That’s a beautiful truck. I loved driving my buddy’s ‘58 w three on the tree as a teenager. Old Fords were the best. His dad had so many old R code Fords

yep that's rad

NICE truck.....................a REAL truck! I think my grandpa Wright bought one new in 1955 close to that year.

I almost wanna know what cliché traditionally "masculine" opinions don has on what constitutes a "real" truck. Sometimes the stereotypes fit like a glove, I feel like I could already predict his answers

It's simple, boy.....................Ford's the best,then there's the rest!' LOL!

A REAL truck hauls a load. Put 5000 lbs. in the bed of yer Toymotor..........see how long it lasts.

Only thing I've had to do with my 88 F-250 with 460 cubic inch V8 is gas,tires and oil changes.

Oh,maybe a starter or alternator and recently a power steering hose.. That's 179K of rompin, stompin, dyno-might!

whens the last time you put 5000lbs in your truck?

If I need a load of stone or gravel, I don't call in the tri-axles................I just go to the quarry. It's had many 5000-5500 lb. loads on it. I also went to LA in it and picked up a sawmill for an Amish man. I pulled several tons of sawmill and trailer AND had over a ton of extra machinery IN THE BED. 950 miles down and 950 miles back.

Try that with yer Toy trucks.

are you meaning to imply Toyota trucks with the "toy" thing? I don't have a Toyota, or any truck for that matter. I also don't often have to haul 5000lbs of anything, but I'm glad your truck does that for you I still find it kinda cute that you think the only "real" trucks are those that fit your specific need.

Not hating, sounds like you've got a fine truck for sure. mostly just pointing out the predictable flex of trying to imply some kind of superiority based on your truck. Like you seem to honestly believe you're a bigger man cuz you truck harder, like it's actually tied to your self worth, that's the weird part.

punkrock randy /

A tundra will whip =Dons Fords ass up and down the block. He forgot to respond to that. I don’t need to haul 5K pounds of anything with my 1/2 ton yota, got work vehicles i can use for that dumbshit. Like the F-550 box I’m going to use to move. Not your pissy lil ‘88 F-250.

8th gen F series, the ugly years. Dorky two tone paint schemes with eco-friendly clear coat that flaked off and the flat plastic headlights were just hideous. Junk red and blue power window switches look like switches for a kids toy, with a high failure rate. Wtf ford?

Now they have to put turbo on everything. Just another potential oil leak. Not a fan.

punkrock randy /

Yeah, I’ve heard of a few ecoboosts that had loose hose clamps from the factory. Work for a little while till they really get going and blow em off. Cause Uhmerican companies wanna outsource their “Uhmerican” truck manufacturing to keep more $ in execs pockets. Don just hates Asian made autos because their so damned reliable, unlike his phallus’s performance.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account