Re: RIP Secoriea Turner

Randy i am not against change but it needs to be brought about in a different way than keep piling fuel on the fire..it just causes more hatred on both sides

As long as Republicans wipe their ass with the constitution and keep suppressing voters and continue gerrymandering, you can't get change through the proper channels.

It's not about being republican or democrat.thats just another catagory any more .that has all gone out the window...it is not about or for the people..it is about a small bunch on both sides trying to gain control and rule their way...it's nothing about working together for betterment,but just to have their way..i have said lots of times i am not all for what trump does but i don't trust the others either so i will just ride the wave until i see a place to get off

You support a party that actively destroys democracy. If you want civility, you need democracy.

As long as you oppose democracy you have no right to complain about people who also don't take democratic actions to try and change things.

Not sure how you know what in all i support.....there is such a thing as i said...>>> i do not support all trump does i also don't trust the others....so if you will post up what you THINK i support out of that so we can talk about that...things supported covers a lot of ground good on both sides and bad on both sides..

Do you oppose the fact that the republicans are a anti-democratic organisation? I.e. do you support democracy or do you support the republicans?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do you oppose the fact that the republicans are a anti-democratic

> organisation? I.e. do you support democracy or do you support the

> republicans?

Don't know how to get this across to you....I DO NOT SUPPORT all of either side...neither are what they started out to be...it is not about the party or their meaning anymore..it is about a small number control until a better solution comes along you have to pick your poison and try to spit out what don't taste right...as i said>>>>>> pay attention. There is GOOD and BAD on both sides....

I do agree that yelling at the top of our lungs from both sides of a huge divide isn't going to get us to real change. And further it's pretty apparent that some of the media amplifies only the extremes because those get most views. Usually exposing only the most extreme views of the opposition in order to reinforce the narrative that they are the crazy ones unwilling to cooperate.

But we've also really failed to make real change through elections or "proper" channels either. One thing jimmy will regularly push is local involvement. I've been attending local meetings in my city (virtually) and we've managed to create among other things a dedicated diversity/anit-racism position at the local high school, with teeth at the local government level. Increased police oversight and confidence in and AWARENESS of the oversight board so hopefully more infractions get reported. These are some successes that can exist between what we're often shown on some media outlets as EITHER "fire all police" vs "teargas and arrest all protesters". reallocation of funding from police is achievable locally!

Still important that protests continue to raise awareness and maintain urgency and expose the flaws in aggressive policing and reiterate without question that it cannot be tolerated.

And to the broader goal, dismantling the pillars which perpetuate racial injustice, including intentional voter suppression as bas rightfully condemns

Bas might have an opinion but he has no voice unless he lives here...

Neither do Americans when gerrymandering is still a thing.

punkrock randy /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Neither do Americans when gerrymandering is still a thing.

Ain’t that the truth! I hear your voice because it has reason in it. Proving that you don’t actually have to live here to see what’s going on. Gonna be chaos either way this election goes. “Lock him up!!

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Bas might have an opinion but he has no voice unless he lives here...

Your voice does not count because you are a fake.

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Bas might have an opinion but he has no voice unless he lives here...

^This!

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Bas might have an opinion but he has no voice unless he lives here...

>

> Your voice does not count because you are a fake.

^^This pOpSoHiO!

YOU, are very much mistaken, Evil.

Most of the time I show up here, drunk, just to irritate ye olde lickers of boots but this has grown tiresome. Don and Pops, y'all need to read a book. Preferably, one that will improve your grammar and literacy skills. Afterward, pick your knuckles up off the floor, change the channel from Fox News to... I don't know, "The Rifleman" or whatever you can relate to. Just take your narrow-minded views out of the lives of the people that will try to make this country, at bare minimum, an acceptable place to live for people that aren't just like you. (edited)

Pops, I don't see you as an enemy, I do believe that we fundamentally disagree on most things, you stated that you will "ride the wave until you see a place to get off".I am not trying to argue but that is quite the position of privilege to be afforded that luxury. You also stated that your sympathy to a child being killed was because you have grandchildren that are similar in age. Don't you see that a huge problem in this country is that most people don't relate until it "hits close to home"? I feel that I believed you were a racist but I don't know that you are, or at least aren't aware that racism is prevalent in most of us. As a white cis male, I feel the constant need to "check myself" because I am constantly learning or have an opportunity to learn from someone else. In the current climate, we absolutely need to listen and stop bickering when such a movement is taking place that is beyond this stupid forum. I will go ahead and apologize for my other post because I made it out of irritation. I will say that I doubt we could have a beer together but I am willing to discuss our differences in a more civil manner. (edited)

Very nice post Todd...i have tried to explain my views are from where i live where some of what i have tried to get across is no matter what color you are you have to apply yourself to gain anything.....i know there is racial injustice but piling fuel on the fire will never end it and to be honest there.is racial.injustice both ways that causes resentment and stokes the fire....my comment about riding the wave is simply my thought of i know what to expect mostly from trump but am in the dark on Biden and just as soon stay as it is rather than take a chance the other way.....i also have tried to explain that it is my priviledge just as your ideas and opinions are yours...i accept you for your beliefs ...

> Todd S Wrote:

> Most of the time I show up here, drunk, just to irritate ye olde lickers

> of boots but this has grown tiresome. Don and Pops, y'all need to read a

> book. Preferably, one that will improve your grammar and literacy

> skills.

Just take your narrow-minded views out of the lives of

YOU are the narrow-minded one. How about posting all my illiteracy here. See if you can come up with some. You won't find much. You have more than 10,000 posts to look over Bud. LOL!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Todd S Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Most of the time I show up here, drunk, just to irritate ye olde

> lickers

>

> > of boots but this has grown tiresome. Don and Pops, y'all need to read

> a

>

> > book. Preferably, one that will improve your grammar and literacy

>

> > skills.

>

> Just take your narrow-minded views out of the lives of

>

> .

>

> YOU are the narrow-minded one. How about posting all my illiteracy here.

> See if you can come up with some. You won't find much. You have more

> than 10,000 posts to look over Bud. LOL!

Anyone that supports trump has to be illiterate. I suppose you could be that stooooooopid too, tho.

That's your opinion,Evil, and THANKS to the Constitution you have the right to believe that tripe. LOL!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account