EuroVision : The Story Of Fire Saga

Ok. Maybe it's because I've watched nearly everything else on TV or perhaps I'm just getting soft but I gotta say I kinda liked it

It was, dare I say "cute"

Re: EuroVision : The Story Of Fire Saga

Any links? I've always enjoyed how ridiculous the Eurovision is. This would be in Rotterdam, already over budget and all for some crappy song

It looks like netflix has it.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok. Maybe it's because I've watched nearly everything else on TV or

> perhaps I'm just getting soft but I gotta say I kinda liked it

>

> It was, dare I say "cute"

You dare. It’s actually overall positive vibes. They try to turn the old comedy formula on its head. You actually like the antagonist. Plus Legion dude is awesome.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Any links? I've always enjoyed how ridiculous the Eurovision is. This

> would be in Rotterdam, already over budget and all for some crappy song

It came out on Netflix here a week ago after covid pushed it back from a may theatrical release. You’re probably one of three people on this board who’s actually watched it before lol.

Which helps. I love the absurdity of it. And I’m amused that people watching don’t realize the other acts are real past competitors. I recognized Netta and Conchita Wurst. (edited)

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> It looks like netflix has it.

In your country. Maybe not in NL tho.

Yeah watched it on netflix. Funny shit. Will Farrell is awsome

Huh fidnt hwar if it

That was a great movie. I’m away from home and more emotionally sensitive. More impact than normally would have and I really enjoyed that. I don’t always get to experience emotion. It’s nice from time to time.

Even the Terminator would like Eurovision.

it snuck up on me too, i wasnt expecting much

just a mildly funny will ferrell with some goofy eurovision acts tossed in but it never really got dark (aside from the elves helping in the end, of course) and the "bad guys" weren't really bad at all

it was a nice change of pace

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Just to highlight how actually bizarre this contest is. Here’s Iceland’s actual entry into the contest. Favored to win until it was cancelled this year:

It’s a catchy song but the performance is wack

Just watched it and i actually really liked it. Not much of a Will Ferrell fan but this might be his best work since Anchorman. It has loads of cameos by actual Eurovision contenders, but the songs they "parodied" were what made me laugh most.

The song they sing in the end borrows heavily from the song the Netherlands won with last year, they had that Lordi copy in there somewhere and even that viking song is something that actually happened. "Ja Ja Ding Dong" is probably a play on Teach-ins "Ding-a-Dong" the Dutch group that won in '75.

Will Ferrell and his team really did their research, i laughed my ass off.

I like GWAR better haha. I miss Oderus. Was such a showman

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Yeah I figured there was some neuken in de keuken involved but it does sound like some traditional Icelandic bar tunes. I hear it’s actually quite popular there now which is funny.

It’s for sure the catchy song of the summer. Not quite as catchy as Aimee-Leigh & Baby Billy – Misbehavin’ from the righteous gemstones but up there. (edited)

Haha, I watched the trailer last night and got a Christopher guest -meets - Zoolander kinda vibe, good to hear, I'll definitely check it out.

Instead of this, I watched joker finally.... Woof that was quite a trip! I always wait until well after 'hit' movies are out of the headlines to watch them, try to go in without all the hype, in this case it's just that much weirder.

I had to travel for work last week, I was in a hotel and bored as hell - can't go do stuff so I wound up watching joker

immediately after I went for a walk outside, semi-rural Indiana, and the building next door is owned by a company called "WAYNE ENTERPRISES"

I was just like, holy shit.... I need a gun!

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Just read an interesting article that talks about 12 years ago we had Step Brothers, Zohan, Tropic Thunder, Sarah Marshall.... insanely huge, successful and instant classic comedies that just aren’t made anymore. I wonder how much Netflix paid for this thing

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2020/7/24/21336173/summer-2008-comedies-step-brothers-tropic-thunder-pineapple-express

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account