Re: Suzuki TU250, Yay or Neh?

Pushrod Fifty /

I did hear it run it sounds awesome.

I may be picking up a honda cm400t for a good price. Seems like a good sized bike that can do highway and light enough to have fun around town.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

cm400t - Hondamatic right? they don't seem bad, I've known a few people who owned them. I feel like they are a forgotten bike because you can get them fairly cheap... wonder when their value will finally sore

Pushrod Fifty /

The CM400T isnt an automatic. They are cool bikes.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> cm400t - Hondamatic right? they don't seem bad, I've known a few people

> who owned them. I feel like they are a forgotten bike because you can

> get them fairly cheap... wonder when their value will finally sore

The value may not soar, but they have held a steady value for yrs, the auto have an "a" designator" vs "t" for the manual transmission ones.

I dunno many bikes the value went up on, but you can always find good deals on used stuff and clean them up for a normal deal sale to get some bonus spend $. honestly tho, i'm almost never selling bikes for the money - always the space. the having one good bike instead of a garage full of shit actually sounds pretty tempting even though i'll never actually get there.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

ditto for me too Born. I just want to wrench and ride... granted I'm more about riding these days when I get a moment.

Pushrod Fifty /

I like wrenching in the winter, I try to keep a few good runners in case one breaks down. Cant figure out why the lights are so dim on my CM185. I came home one night as it was getting dark and when I got to the last leg it was dark in the wooded hills and I could barely see. I checked the values on all of the electrical components before I put it together and cleaned all of the electrical connections. The starter works fine and I get full 6V and more when its running. I replaced the headlight and battery. Other than that she's a good runner.

Pushrod Fifty /

I just picked it up. Pretty sweet.

15954590303491033041446.jpg

Sick. Must feel good.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea its sweet. Its real smooth considering its a single. I have to adjust the shifter, bars and controls to fit me. Hoping for good weather tomorrow to take a good ride on it.

haha, I saw that pick and immediately thought, oh, I didn't realize he lived in new England too.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea thats the end of Main St. in Essex, about as English as you can get in the US.

It is a good looking bike. The counter balanced bigger singles are very smooth. I am sure you will have many happy miles on that bike.

As for the Honda 450 automatics. Always wanted to play with one. Interesting bikes. There is one in my area but no title so no deal these days.

Anyhow... Nice bike be safe and enjoy!

Pushrod Fifty /

It really is butter smooth, after riding 100 miles and things starting to wear in, I can say that the build quality of the bike is top notch. It is a little heavy and Im sure that takes a hit on performance but it sure helps to give a more stable ride on the back roads that I ride on. It has good low end torque, real forgiving if pulling out of a tight corner may have needed a downshift, it just pulls steady through.

I am curiuos too about the CM400A. I like the style, exceot for the stepped seat. I had a CB400 as my sole bike for 8 years, it was awesome.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account