Vice addiction

I have been collecting tools most of my life and have a thing for vices. I have been slowly getting rid of some of them but a few I will keep. This is a cool vacu vice. It is just a little guy but it has a lever and rubber pad that you turn and it sucks down to a good flat surface. It works well on my inside counter tops, haha. Wife loves it. Show me your vices.

Re: Vice addiction

Sorry

20200717_073715.jpg
20200717_073729.jpg

When I was on Instagram i followed a guy "blacksmithtools " he has an insane collection probably 5000 vises, anvils, tools, all sorts of cool shit. He sells stuff too.

vices are a good vice

I was pretty floored when I finally started to learn how complex (and expensive) things as seemingly simple as an anvil could be

but yeah, having a vice is great, and when you don't have one it becomes pretty instantly obvious how nice it could be

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

So a vice.. vice?

The last one I picked up was a Ridge tool co. no 61. It's a 6" jaw vise and weighs around 150lbs. It's sitting on a dolly until I can figure out something sturdy enough to mount it on.

Nice got any pics? I have had a few nice old American made vices that I sold since the forged in fire craze. Used to be able to get leg vices for practically free and since I'm not a blacksmith I have sold them for good profit. I have a nice old columbian and some nice old pipe vices that are very handy to grip anything round without damaging them if you toss some leather from an old welding jacket in the jaws. My go to now is this china made (peoples republic of china) so it's got some age and is still quality. Sits on an old cast iron table base. I keep digging and finding more vices in the books and crannys of my shop and have given many away. Gave my buddy a Wilton the other day. Also gave my other buddy a pretty large slovakian vice with a broken mount. Gave another guy a super tiny china vise for model making. Just found another forged Wilton. Also have a pretty good colection of pexto stakes like the one in this vice.

20200717_205117.jpg

Re: Vice addictionf

Paul Funyun /

You call that a vise..... now this is a vise!!!

20200717_202650.jpg

Re: Vice addictionf

> Paul Funyun Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You call that a vise..... now this is a vise!!!

Haha awsome

Here's the Ridge no 61

ridgevise.JPG

and a little fuller 170 new in box.

fuller170.JPG
fuller170-2.JPG

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

U call that a vice? This is a vice

5B73304B-BCDB-44DB-8FF4-245D17A64D54.jpeg

I always thought viCe was just for like, immoral habit/addictions versus viSe for clamping devices, but I've become comfortable using viCe for both.

Anyway I looked into it, viCe is a clamping device in BRITISH English, but just as "colour" wouldn't traditionally fly in the US, a clamp should be a viSe to those of us stateside. Though this seems like a pretty useless thing to fuss over and I doubt anyone would bother caring.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I always thought viCe was just for like, immoral habit/addictions versus

> viSe for clamping devices, but I've become comfortable using viCe for

> both.

>

> Anyway I looked into it, viCe is a clamping device in BRITISH English,

> but just as "colour" wouldn't traditionally fly in the US, a clamp

> should be a viSe to those of us stateside. Though this seems like a

> pretty useless thing to fuss over and I doubt anyone would bother

> caring.

Etymology is my vice.

but I mean if the Entemology really bugs you, this seems like one of those situations the distinction is deteriorating. Still, It's worth being able to refer back to a suppository of correct grammar if you want to be anal about it.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> but I mean if the Entemology really bugs you, this seems like one of

> those situations the distinction is deteriorating. Still, It's worth

> being able to refer back to a suppository of correct grammar if you want

> to be anal about it.

Z4C1ik3.gif

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

gta vice city

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account