Re: These revel riders are getting out of hand

Pay attention, I said it is safer to rent cars, far more people have driven a car than ridden a moped/motorcycle/scooter. I don't really care if idiots kill themselves on these things, but I don't see renting them as a sound business model from a liability/insurance angle.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I between Jan and July, Revel traffic incidents only accounted for 3% of all Moto and scooter related accidents.

DiBlasio and the City want to do anything to push people back on public transport. 2 people dead in 10 days, versus the 25+ people killed in shootings over the last 10 days, including a 1 year old, yet I don't see gun reform taking place.

punkrock randy /

Actually, fuck Enterprise, not Hertz. They’re hooking the feds up w vehicles in Washington state. And those assholes crossing the bridge should be sporting slow moving vehicle triangles.

I came out strong on the other thread bashing scooters.

I watched the Revel review video and changed my tune.

Also, seeing the people that run Revel gave me a warm fuzzy. It just seemed like a legit local business with some cool people running it.

I felt bad about the consequences of the first death for their business. And, of course, for the loss of life.

Now this.

I think it is correct that average people now cannot be expected to safely use a two wheeler. That would be the only mistake that Revel made. Overestimating the abilities of the people to judge their own abilities to operate a vehicle like that safely.

Moped laws are antiquated. All motor vehicle operators should be licensed and anything with less than 4 wheels probably needs an endorsement and MSF card. I don’t want that, for me. Just saying that the state of things requires it.

My condolences spread everywhere. Beautiful lives cut short. Dreams and futures stunted. Kinda tragic.

. (edited)

punkrock randy /

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> .

Nice input. About what I expect from you though. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account