You know what pisses me off

How are eggs vegetarian? I don't care that it's not a living thing and that it can't actually grow into anything if they haven't been fertilized, it still pisses me off.

Re: You know what pisses me off

Because it's not meat and vegetarian simply implies you don't eat meat.

If you take honey, milk and eggs away from vegetarians they will be just as weak and unhealthy as vegans.

Wait, what? How are eggs not meat? Tendon, brain(mmmmm), and blood are sold as and considered meat? Haw are eggs different?

The chicken is born with a finite number of eggs(as in the actual egg cell), which begin small and the ovum deposits cholesterol and other fats to enlarge the envelope into what we consider a yolk. Travel into the duct and are wrapped in albumen and finally a calcium rich fluid that hardens into a shell. Sounds like meat to me, made inside the animal like a muscle.

still think eggs are meat tho..but whatever...man

Wait Soo honey isn't vegan? So wouldn't like, kissing be non vegan? Well no, your not looking to imbibe you partner for sustinance. Makes sense

Also, holy crap apparently I'm a vegetarian right now. I eat eggs and dairy but haven't eaten meat for like a month. (edited)

punkrock randy /

I love eggs. Seen some weird ones over the years tho. Once got a dozen eggs and all ALL were 2 yolks per egg!!! 24 yolks in a dozen. That is the best tasting part of an egg, but just too odd to thoroughly enjoy.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I love eggs. Seen some weird ones over the years tho. Once got a dozen

> eggs and all ALL were 2 yolks per egg!!! 24 yolks in a dozen. That is

> the best tasting part of an egg, but just too odd to thoroughly enjoy.

Those were free range hens. We get them alot here. Not caged up and just eat bugs and what ever.

Overpriced Parts /

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> > punkrock randy Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I love eggs. Seen some weird ones over the years tho. Once got a dozen

>

> > eggs and all ALL were 2 yolks per egg!!! 24 yolks in a dozen. That is

>

> > the best tasting part of an egg, but just too odd to thoroughly enjoy.

>

> Those were free range hens. We get them alot here. Not caged up and just

> eat bugs and what ever.

Saw a henweigh the other day it was really cool looking

Deep thoughts.

Overpriced Parts /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> Deep thoughts.

You were supposed to say what’s a henweigh?

Lapse of judgment after an all nighter.

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > Graham Motzing Wrote:

>

>

> > Deep thoughts.

>

> You were supposed to say what’s a henweigh?

What is a henweigh?

do you have to kill/maim animal to eat? = meat

Can you collect from animal without killing it and eat? = not meat.

clothing analogy: leather = not vegetarian. wool = vegetarian.

even "pro-life" Christians would have a hard time arguing an egg is meat - they've got a belief that a life begins with conception. unless you've got it free range with a rooster plowing those hens on the reg, your egg's pretty much just a regular menstrual cycle.

Better question though - eating placenta - is that meat? It's definitely fleshy. A hole in my prior definition perhaps..

Dirty30 Dillon /

In the mind of many vegans, Placenta is the only ethical meat.

Now I just want chicken wings... so I gotta order from KRISPY KRUNCHY CHICKEN

I work in the food world (restaurants, manufacturing, R&D, etc...)so there are a lot of different subsets of vegetarian and what not. There is really no set definition to this shit and definitely no legal definition, Vegan is a pretty commonly debated topic because there are inconsistencies within everyone's definition

Generally speaking I have seen the following:

No land Meat, but fish and everything else = pescetarian

No meat, but milk, eggs and everything else = ovo-lacto vegetarian

No animal products (excluding honey, palm oil, etc) = "sane" vegan

No animal product (including honey, palm oil, etc) = psychotic vegan

Kind of caught me off guard that eggs are vegetarian. In my 30 years of life I just found this out.

Overpriced Parts /

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

>

> > > Graham Motzing Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Deep thoughts.

>

> >

>

> > You were supposed to say what’s a henweigh?

>

> What is a henweigh?

Adult ones weigh 5-10 pounds

I mean definitely different types of vegetarianism and also different motivations

like if you're opposed to the animal cruelty of factory farming then maybe your own free range eggs or hunted game could be acceptable

if you're opposed to the gross environmental impact than maybe sustainably farmed fish is a better protein alternative to nuts, or heavily processed and packaged meat alternatives might not be as worthwhile impact

Or if it's a health issue then a balanced diet including eggs maybe makes a lot of sense while avoiding red meat like steaks

I think for most it's a set of guidelines that you can adapt to fit your personal goals, why shouldn't it be?

Personally I eat a ton of eggs, chicken a maybe 2-3 times a week, and burgers or dogs a few times a month. fuck a steak, I don't get it, but I also recognize people really enjoy em. But I recognize all of the above, it's cruel to animals and I do feel some guilt over that, it's not a primary driver but I would prefer more humane non-farmed meats where given the option and would pay more for it. The environmental impact is a big one, I don't need meat every day, let alone every meal, and recognize it's not healthy either, so I choose to eat it on occasion, but not on the reg, and also prefer local stuff - not so much for the transport aspect as the packaging etc, and of course that goes to all food. I'd rather have a head of lettuce from out back (even though ours got too much sun and are bitter or have now bolted... oops) versus some chopped up prewashed and bagged store greens. so much unnecessary waste. makes me feel disgusting having to take out a whole bag of trash every week, and it's mostly just disposable containers for consumable items. shitty

What about lab created “Meat”? Is it really meat, since it’s biologically the same? Since it didn’t come from animals, is it vegan meat?

Like WillD said, there are many reasons people are vegan/vegetarian. For almost all of them, I’d say no, they wouldn’t eat lab meat.

If it could be grown to look very close to real meat (which it isn’t) it might be hard to tell if someone was selling you lab meat or real meat. So, the cost would be astronomical for the fact that it was grown in lab conditions and then triple that for being certified as “lab meat”.

May as well eat diamonds.

I haven't eaten meat since '93 and have been vegan for 12 years. I am 6'2" 190lbs and don't think that most vegans are unhealthy.If you are an unhealthy vegan, its probably not your diet that you should be examining.

Eggs are an animal product and I don't consider them to be vegetarian at all. Lab grown meat is just plain weird. I wouldn't eat it but I am sure there are vegans that would consider trying it.

I have pretty much no cholesterol when I have blood work done and my blood pressure is 120/70. Most of my family are meat eaters and have cholesterol and blood pressure issues.

Not trying to stand on a soap box but if you think Veganism is unhealthy then you're definitely doing it wrong.

> Mario Marin Wrote:

> I work in the food world (restaurants, manufacturing, R&D, etc...)so

> there are a lot of different subsets of vegetarian and what not. There

> is really no set definition to this shit and definitely no legal

> definition, Vegan is a pretty commonly debated topic because there are

> inconsistencies within everyone's definition

>

> Generally speaking I have seen the following:

>

> No land Meat, but fish and everything else = pescetarian

>

> No meat, but milk, eggs and everything else = ovo-lacto vegetarian

>

> No animal products (excluding honey, palm oil, etc) = "sane" vegan

>

> No animal product (including honey, palm oil, etc) = psychotic vegan

"Psychotic vegan" You're diet has more impact on animals than you consuming them. Palm oil for instance, is a huge problem with environmental impact. People burn 1000's of acres of habitat for palm oil. It is compassion not psychosis.

If we want to save animals and the planet, why not just start eating nothing but people?

Thank you for bringing it back to the absurdity that is Off Topic. How can you expect anyone to care about animals when they don't care about themselves enough to behave in a pandemic? People are shit and maybe it is time for us to fuck off?

Albert Fish thought the young ones tasted best.

I’m kidding, but this sort of thing does happen.

If everyone used the dirt around their home to grow food instead of a lawn of grass, that would free up a lot of land for sustainable farming of livestock. It’s hard to imagine a way to feed 8+ billion people that doesn’t take a toll on the environment.

I’ll be vegetarian rather than a people-eater.

It is actually absurd. We don't need all the farm land we have. Buy local, take it away from huge corporations, buy meat from local farms if you must, eat vegetables! Veggies are tight!

There was a time I was a serious vegan, ever since I broke It's been impossible to get back eating that way. I just drank water and ate salads. That was it.

> "Psychotic vegan" You're diet has more impact on animals than you

> consuming them. Palm oil for instance, is a huge problem with

> environmental impact. People burn 1000's of acres of habitat for palm

> oil. It is compassion not psychosis.

Ignorant compassion that isnt fact based.

Palm oil is choosen because it has one of the highest yields of oil per acre, its one of the most efficient vegetable oils and thats why its used.

The process of burning rainforest to support it is terrible, but that is an issue with the local goverment NOT with fucking palm oil. if it wasnt palm oil it would be something else.

Bee Keepers are also the only ones doing fucking anything to help bee's. You not buying their product and posting about not eating honey online isnt actually doing anything to help bees.

But please keep telling me about your compassion. Im sure it will do a lot of good for the world.

Lack of compassion sounds like a good move, dumb ass. I will remain compassionate and not make unfounded comments about something that I don't have any clue about. (edited)

to be honest todd has a set of morals, a goal, and is working towards it. Like zero soapbox, 100% action. if you care about the world, enough to make sacrifices to your comfortable favorite eats, rad. that rules. shows more conviction than anyone knocking it.

Like theres a billion battles and a billion more ways to fight them, veganism is not my battle, and not my way to fight for conservation, but you're arguing in favor of doing nothing.

Like are you going out addressing governments enabling clearcutting forests for palm oil farms? Or are you just complaining at people who oppose that in their personal choices?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account