Electric

Saw this the other day. Fuck is that rad. I would ride that anyday.

Screenshot_20200726-135756_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re: Electric

punkrock randy /

That thing would be so quietly beautiful. I love the looks of the T-bone frames, can’t wait to get mine straightened out . 1 year older and mine would’ve had the tank knee pads😕 (edited)

081E8E0C-3063-4698-9F45-E4FE86B0D463.jpeg

Yeah was very beautiful time for bikes. My yami is in the same design. Just pulled it out of the shed after years of seeing it and man it is small like a ped.

20200730_223136.jpg

That is sweet. I like the looks of the battery slung low like that. Maybe a little too exposed. But beautiful.

I really don’t enjoy the electric stuff as much as 2 stroke. But it is amazing and getting to be so powerful, inexpensive, battery stamina and longevity is progressing.

I built the little ped for my kid and it really has me thinking about future transportation.

Like, the hybrid pedelectric velomobiles. Could be a legit, year round vehicle for everyday travel.

I really need to learn how (and tool up) to build my own battery and BMS. The Limitation of choice and price buying off the shelf packs is disappointing.

I remember seeing this a while back. I had a similar idea w a sebring, probably still gonna do it. that price tag is pretty unrealistic, not saying they didn't do it for under a grand, but they definitely got a lotta free and cheap hook-ups to do it that most people aren't gonna fall into.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

electrics cool now?

seven years ago, not so much.

12002343_640575969378220_2278195008223669477_o.jpg

iv3 added some extras . the electric had to be retired.

20190216_192818.jpg

I'm curious about it, but don-t care for it too much.

Just another accident waiting to happen or an unhearing pedestrian mowed down.LOL!

You are such a dumbass - were you never 8 years old you old idiot?

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just another accident waiting to happen or an unhearing pedestrian mowed

> down.LOL!

Pretty interesting indeed

I noticed in that video something I also noticed on my kids e-no-ped; you hear everything thats loose and rattling. The brake levers, cables, forks moving. Professional EVs must have to put rubber bushings everywhere or their product will sound like garbage even though it’s just typical sounds that hide behind engine noise.

Really like everything about that bike.

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> You are such a dumbass - were you never 8 years old you old idiot?

>

>

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Just another accident waiting to happen or an unhearing pedestrian

> mowed

>

> > down.LOL!

When you get run over by a noiseless electric, you, the REAL idiot are gonna recall, " Some idiot told me I'd get run over by one of these things!" LOL!

Sound as safety is absolutely not an issue. Sitting in a car, with the windows up, it is impossible to hear any other vehicle unless the exhaust system is missing.

Especially this time of year when windows are rolled up, AC blasting, radio on. I’ve see people roll through an intersection with a fire truck coming because they had a green light and didn’t hear the sirens.

So, even an electric vehicle with a fire truck siren running constantly, wouldn’t make enough noise to protect itself from inattentive drivers.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Rebel Moby Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You are such a dumbass - were you never 8 years old you old idiot?

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Just another accident waiting to happen or an unhearing pedestrian

>

> > mowed

>

> >

>

> > > down.LOL!

>

> When you get run over by a noiseless electric, you, the REAL idiot are

> gonna recall, " Some idiot told me I'd get run over by one of these

> things!" LOL!

I have pedestrians step out in front of my barely muffled Harley.

Sure! So how much MORE likely that they will step out in front of an electric?

I just built a pretty awesome little trail/pit bike based on a Razor electric MX kids 36v dirt bike. I’m about $700 in on a 48v bike that now fits and carries a 200lb 5’10” rider, weighs 40lbs less then stock, has dampened rear and longer and stiffer front suspension, hydraulic disc brakes, and will do 20mph and wheelies with a 15+ miles. It’s a great toy to get in an hour of single track along the river right by my house.

I spent $300 on the used bike cause it was in good shape and had a “new” battery. If I were to do it again I would try find a dead donor for much less as all of the stock controls and electrical get replaced.

Electric’s are the future, the dirt bikes you can get from over seas are just amazing for the price; the domestic made electric market has some neat stuff but is way overpriced. I just rode the victory impulse tt the other day, it’s quick but for the price you can get whole lot of other bikes.

dominos delivery protyped a scooter that just said "dominos" repeatedly so it'd have some sound.

the issue isn't being heard by cars, they can't hear you anyway - it's people riding electrics on sidewalks or walking paths very quickly and potentially running folks over - but bicycles are just as quiet

Dirty30 Dillon /

Only would the boomers try and blame getting hit by a car on the e-bike being "too quiet," not on the distracted or ambivalent car driver.

Hah! Yea I've long been appalled at the complete idiocy of people arguing "bicycles shouldn't be on the road, it's too dangerous!"

If you can't safely navigate around a person on a bicycle, YOU are the one who should not be on the road...

Bicycles shouldn't be on the same road with cars, bicycles should have their own roads. The more space for cars you take away in favor of space for bicycles, the better traffic will get.

agreed, but far better than on the sidewalk. It's significantly more dangerous for everyone involved INCLUDING CARS to have bicycles on sidewalks. people get in accidents turning into bikes on sidewalks cuz they're not paying attention to it.

The US is poorly setup for bikes in general though, most of our cities were built, or at least really expanded after the advent of cars so you get these sprawing urban areas outside of the older cities like boston new York, philly and Chicago, where your LA's and houstons and atlantas etc are huge and sometimes hours across in a car. Every road modification and add-on is just to accommodate even more cars. It's getting better though. Or it was til the current backslide into the sewers

Dirty30 Dillon /

We have plentiful bike lanes in NYC, but if you don't protect them from people being dickheads and park in them, then they become pointless and people will just sidewalk/reverse flow as they see needed.

Bicycle lanes function best when you get cars out of the equation.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Sound as safety is absolutely not an issue. Sitting in a car, with the

> windows up, it is impossible to hear any other vehicle unless the

> exhaust system is missing.

>

> Especially this time of year when windows are rolled up, AC blasting,

> radio on. I’ve see people roll through an intersection with a fire truck

> coming because they had a green light and didn’t hear the sirens.

>

> So, even an electric vehicle with a fire truck siren running constantly,

> wouldn’t make enough noise to protect itself from inattentive drivers.

You missed the point,Papa...................the issue is the unhearing pedestrian getting run over by an electric.

If a pedestrian is to dense/phone in face to look around them, they deserve to get hit. It is also the cyclists job to be alert.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> If a pedestrian is to dense/phone in face to look around them, they

> deserve to get hit. It is also the cyclists job to be alert.

That apply to little school kids too?

To anyone who is allowed to be out side without a guardian.

Too harsh,Stephen.

No, it is not. What is the difference between a bicycle and an electric bike, you need to be aware of your surroundings, it's LOOK both ways before crossing, not listen. If you are walking around that oblivious we don't need you in the gene pool.

Still, way too harsh. They need to put some sort of constant noise into those dumb things.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account