Re: Electric

So, bicycles should have that too?

I think they should make it mandatory for every human to have an implanted tracking chip. Always on. Always updating your location.

That way, we can know where we are compared to others. If our vector crosses paths with another, our smart devices will alert us to the danger and sound an alarm or activate the brakes on smart vehicles.

And the chip can store ALL our identity information. We can use it for verification to enter into contracts and pay for goods and services.

I'm kidding.

Nobody hears the engines on vehicles. Unless, like i said before, the exhaust is missing. What you DO hear is the tires rolling on pavement and that sound is the same on everything. My bicycle tires make enough noise for people to hear me coming from hundreds of feet away. I rarely use my bell. And, that's what bells are for.

Don, I promise I will put bicycle bells on all my electric vehicles to alert inattentive pedestrians. Problem solved.

Bicycles are not the problem. Heavy electric vehicles hitting people will be the problem. Put yer bell on those,Papa. LOL!

Left is the modified one right is stock.

5A81A4B9-0B2B-4F01-87D2-48588445C957.jpeg

Sold some gas pit bikes and used the profit to buy this new toy; 36v lipo, 1000w with adjustable controller, decent cable disc brakes on real pit bike hubs, nice dampened suspension front and rear. Excited to see what this will do, just need some bigger bars.

7A46ACAF-CD8B-4EFD-BC51-024904D7010D.jpeg

Awesome, nice Giha as well!

I've long worked for bike roads and paths, I was part of a group in atlanta advocating bike roads. the only thing you can get though seems to be more bike lanes at best. They want pretty leisure bike paths in town to attract urban developers and gentrification, and besides that they're pretty unwilling to spend anything more than some paint to make a relatively meaningless "bike lane" for delivery trucks and cars dropping off to "park" in...

Yeah that's the biggest problem in most countries. They only try the cheapest, laziest and worst option, just painting a road and placing some signs, and use that as an argument as to why bicycle roads don't work.

Even car drivers should want bicycle lanes because they increase travel time for everyone.

Dedicated bike lanes are awesome, Mpls is something like the 3rd most bike friendly city in the country, and a lot of money is spent on these trails, for example the new light rail line that will be going by my building parallels a bike trail, they are building a tunnel under the street for the bike/ped lane, while the train will cross at street level. This is awesome as those bikers would disregard the stop signs on the trail, (they do not have right of way to the road) and just fly out into the street, and you get car drivers just stopping in the middle of the street at the sight of a bicycle, huge hazzard. The state of driver education in this country is appalling, no one, car drivers or bicyclists knows whats up, the bikers think the rules of the road don't apply to them, (they do) and cage drivers are a distracted mess. These trails are sweet though, and they even plow them in the winter, as there are many hard cores who ride into the city from the 'burbs to work in even the worst weather.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Amsterdam had people on mopeds in the bike paths when I was there. Not sure if that’s legal now with emissions etc.

Also people use “rad” so much it’s lost all meaning. Besides everyone knows the rad ones are by Delfast and the Sur Ron black they're competing with.

> Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Amsterdam had people on mopeds in the bike paths when I was there. Not

> sure if that’s legal now with emissions etc.

I think Amsterdam banned old two strokes and 25kmph mopeds/scooters are no longer allowed on the bicycle paths. They probably have to wear a helmet there now too.

Amsterdam is the only city with these rules in place and I'll never go there on a moped so it doesn't really bother me though.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Amsterdam had people on mopeds in the bike paths when I was there. Not

>

> > sure if that’s legal now with emissions etc.

>

> I think Amsterdam banned old two strokes and 25kmph mopeds/scooters are

> no longer allowed on the bicycle paths. They probably have to wear a

> helmet there now too.

>

> Amsterdam is the only city with these rules in place and I'll never go

> there on a moped so it doesn't really bother me though.

So the queen comes to you eh? Nice.

What about electrics I winder? Since euro cops actually knew the laws and tested HP for tickets I wonder how they enforce electrics.

We no longer have a queen and if it were up to me all the royals would see the same fate as the Romanovs.

Currently nothing is being done against ebikes and electric bicycles. They will probably still put you on the dyno on an ebike, I've just never seen it happen. The electric bicycles are the biggest problem at the moment, for the first time in decades cyclist death tolls are rising because of all the elderly on electric bicycles. Sadly it will probably take a few hundred more deaths before anything is done about that.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

#justdutchproblems

it's sometimes infuriating. what people cant seem to grasp is that someone on a bike is not JUST some obstacle to your car, it's a car that's not on the road. It's a FUCKLOAD cheaper and more efficient to make easy transport for 20 or 200 bicycles than it is to add capacity for 200 more cars, but people can't seem to get their head around that

Everyones stuck in this mentality that we don't need to spend money on bikes because those people should just drive cars and not slow us down, and then we should spend more money on making the roads bigger to accommodate the extra cars.

Like every person commuting on a bike is a person not driving a car. that's slowing you down less than if all those people were in cars with you. making biking more accessible ALSO MAKES IT EASIER for cars. I wish people could get that but meeting after meeting it's treated like bikes are a hobby not a valid form of transportation, and that's the justification for now allowing it to be a valid form of transportation. They don't give the tiny support to make it work, and then point to it failing to remove any further support and fuck everyone in the long run. shooting themselves in the damn feet

Like every person commuting on a bike is a person not driving a car. that's slowing you down less than if all those people were in cars with you.

This is pretty much the best argument for implementing decent bicycle infrastructure in crowded areas.

Sure, you might be driving a distance over 5 miles, but most people aren't. If you get everyone who only traverses 5 miles off the road, that would mean a significant decrease in car traffic all together.

I’d like to add that creating bike paths makes cycling a very fast way to get places.

Where I live, the roads have to work their way out of town, through roundabouts, around fields and other stuff to get to work. So, a car commute takes me about 10 minutes to get to work.

The bike paths cut through nature preserves and have no traffic control devices. So, even though I drive my car 50-60mph for 10 min to get to work, I can get there on my bike in 25 min.

If I had to ride my bike along the side of the car roads, it would take 40+ minutes and be very dangerous. And I would never do it.

This part of germany has walking paths and bike paths everywhere. Networked between all the villages and nature areas. You can very easily get anywhere on foot or bike. One of the things I will miss most when I leave here.

punkrock randy /

I wanna live in Germany:-/

Go then,GO! LOL!

First, fuck off you homophobic piece of shit. Eat a bullet and GO. LOL.

Randy, you are more than welcome here in Europe where you can live in a first world country with a functioning democracy.

punkrock randy /

Make America not America again!!

You guys know my tone on things by now. So I’ll say this.

Germany gets a lot of things right. But it is obviously done by forcing it on the population in the form of rules and regulations. To an American, it is a very nice, but very complicated tiny box.

The Germans I ask about this stuff say that they don’t like the bureaucracy and heavy government control on everything.

So, don’t rush to move here. Awesome place for a vacation.

I want Americans to make the right choices to have nice things in our country; without it being crammed down our throat by the federal government.

Freedom is preferred by most people. Even if it means you have clown acting fools all around you. Once freedom is gone, it doesn’t come back.

In Germany they complain about the bureaucracy because in Germany they kinda overdo it and they still use a lot of outdated systems. In Germany you still have to do certain government things by sending actual letters, that's very backwards.

In the Netherlands the slogan from the taxation office is "we can't make it more fun, but we can make it easier" and that pretty much sums up the attitude of most government institutions here.

Sounds like you do it right. I don’t know how Germans put up with the stuff here. Maybe they just got used to it? Maybe they want to change it, but the paperwork involved would literally take entire professional careers to accomplish.

If you watched Jupiter Ascending, the scene where they get run around in that impossible cycle of paperwork and different offices is exactly like Germany. Except you can’t bribe someone here. Once you’ve run all over the region, you eventually get to some rude asshole that just says: “It can’t be done.” And that’s it. Something you have to have, because they say so, but you can’t get it because “it can’t be done.”

France is an administration nightmare. Practically everything is done by paperwork and snail mail. It blows peoples minds when I tell them what could be actioned online in the UK, for the past 7-8 years. Quite a lot of France is like Britain was in the 1950's, sometimes it is nice and chilled and sometimes you pull your hair out at the inaction.

The biggest problem with people is that they can get used to anything.

Funny how the people who'd complain about unnecessary paperwork and beurocracy still support the American healthcare system

I have a lotta intenational colleagues and it is always a trip trying to explain how difficult it is to goto the doctor and how much more uselessly complicated it is trying to pay them, and pay insurance, and no you don't get just one bill, you'll have a few months of different bills for the same thing from everyone who walked by. And no, contrary to what you might've heard, all this extra cost and complexity does not make better doctors and it's definitely much slower to get appointments and responses. but they do make a ton of money, and so do insurance companies! Enjoy!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account