Re: OT... Argue Better

Papa _ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I’m a little under-employed at the moment. Probably should find better things to do with my time.

You rattled my cage though. Don’t be surprised when it gets a response.

My “naive thinking” (see ad hominem above) is based on my logical reaction to my life of teaching and observation.

I could be wrong. I’d gladly have someone show me better with an argument I can listen to.

Your arguments are just what I called out. You want to attack a person, put words in their mouth, misrepresent their opinion and then attack the false premise. It isn’t productive. It’s manipulative and dirty. It works on simple minded folks but I won’t stand for it.

Argue like a gentleman or be a troll. Both are perfectly acceptable in the OT. But I feel like you have more to offer and are short changing me. If your knowledge and understanding are superior, don’t just kick dirt in my face, enlighten me please.

I’m being serious. I cited you as an example but this was pointed at everyone, including myself. I’m not competitive. I don’t need to win. But I do want to see the truth win. Not rhetoric.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account