Re: OT... Argue Better

Potr zebie /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Papa, theres no reason for us to be fighting.

I was thinking about this because also stuck-at-home and it may come down to our thoughts on mankind in general.

I think you truly believe in mankind. Believe in our ability to transcend primal instincts and do what's morally right. And to be honest, it's a good viewpoint. Mankind HAS risen above our station on this planet to do remarkable things that have propelled us further than anyone could have imagined had they seen us a few hundred thousand years ago. If I had my way I'd wanna live in the very same society that you propose.

As for me, and for whatever reason, I tend to have a very pessimistic view of humanity in general. I believe we're generally selfish insects who when given the chance will take advantage of others (usually the less fortunate) for their own benefit. The times in history when "we" have accomplished great things, the Library of Alexandria for example, we tend to completely fucking destroy them not long after and smother lost knowledge and histories of once great societies amd cultures that we will NEVER rediscover.

I attribute this (rightly or wrongly its just my opinion) to bits of genetic code that remains in our lizard brains from back when we we're living in caves. Thick skulled, tiny brained hunter/gatherers only a small step up from primates. Dumb tribes smashing each other with rocks for prime cave real estate.

I don't wanna fight with you. Life sucks right now in general, we're locked inside our own country (unless you wanna visit Ankara), and things aren't gonna change for another year at least.

All we have right now are each other, and although our opinions of our fellow man may differ, you are my fellow American and brother.

Brap on, Papa.

Love ya

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account