lol Sturgis

20200805_090021.jpg

Re: lol Sturgis

Ride free and die!

Luckily all those Harley Boys are usually healthy 20-somethings or else this could go very wrong.

Not just bikes!

But the trucks and box trailers they use to haul their garage queens to within 20 miles of the place!

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ride free and die!

>

> Luckily all those Harley Boys are usually healthy 20-somethings or else

> this could go very wrong.

I see the sarcasm.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I've been wondering for awhile now if those big baggers will drop drastically in price over the next decade considering the demographic they appeal too is getting older and dieing off. i have no interest in them

I keep seeing comments on my news app like "BLM better not try messing with bikers at Sturgis!"

And all I can think is, none of those lawyers and chiropractors riding their store bought customs are gonna fight BLM protestors. This ain't the 70's.

> baird co Wrote:

> I keep seeing comments on my news app like "BLM better not try messing

> with bikers at Sturgis!"

>

> And all I can think is, none of those lawyers and chiropractors riding

> their store bought customs are gonna fight BLM protestors. This ain't

> the 70's.

I personally know, and have known over the past 15 years or so, many Harley owners/riders. I’ve ridden, and had very close friends that rode. Not one was a doctor, lawyer, chiropractor, dentist, or the like. All tradesmen. Iron workers, heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, tree climbers/toppers, etc. Trade work pays very well, if you’re skilled. Most are/were pretty eager to throw down, and won’t pass up an opportunity to beat someone’s ass. But I’m sure they would be no match for the rioters when they come out of gramma’s basement.

awww, look at you defending another man's masculinity.

i worked at a harley dealer for a few years and my anecdotes are FAR different than yours

Go sit on one of their bikes while it’s parked outside the local roadhouse. They’re lawyers, they won’t hurt you. Then you can defend your own masculinity, with words. I’m sure a moped forum basement hero like you can hold your own.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I've encountered both kinds of Harley guys. Some are tradesmen with a chip on their shoulder while others like to pretend to be bikers. Some are just nice old guys who just like to bullcrap with anyone on 2 wheels. Who cares who they are, i just know I'm not into the bikes, leather, or the life style and really wonder if the harley bagger will be a relic from the past soon.

On a side not I know a guy that goes to Sturgis ritually with a good of people and everyone he knows canceled this year. I'm sure they will still hold the event but it will be greatly reduced. The town of Sturgis really relies on the tourism for that even which is depressing for the townsfolk.

I worked in a Harley garage for like 5 years and I can't say any customer was ever a lawyer or doctor or anything like that. There were a few white collar workers but the vast majority (~90%) of our customers were welders, carpenters, some other sort of tradesman, steel worker, etc. 95% of them were over 50 years old, and I left the garage in 2016.

To be fair this could be due to the nature of the garage, was a cash only type of establishment in a large residential garage, word of mouth only. We still had about 300 customers a year which wasn't bad for a 3 man operation.

But I think the dudes who are lawyers/dentists/whatever that ride Harleys aren't as invested in the culture as the dudes who go to Sturgis and are (in my analysis) blue collar workers.

Oooh, you're quite the insecure little fellow now, aren't you sweetie?

We get it, fat dudes on bikes are your kink.

No judgement here, man.

(lol, oh, of course. Our customers were all over the map demographics-wise, but im just poking the Macho Man over there for shits and gigs) (edited)

> Seth B Wrote:

> But I’m sure they would be no match

> for the rioters when they come out of gramma’s basement.

I think I could have held my own against most of our customers at the garage since they were almost all old and overweight. Maybe back in the 70's and 80's they could throw down but I've noticed a lot of them think they're still the shit when they can barely get up out of a chair. Knock them off balance and it's game over, kind of like a sumo wrestler but sad.

A white female Ohio State student was killed by teargas in Columbus only a few weeks after graduating peacefully protesting injustice against black people in this country. Not sure how you riot in a basement, but the people rioting aren't BLM protesters, they're opportunistic criminals. Also how would you riot in grandma's basement anyway? People exercising their constitutional rights aren't neckbeard basement dwellers.

https://www.jpost.com/international/ohio-state-graduate-allegedly-dies-after-being-sprayed-with-tear-gas-630471

Me and my roommates got screamed at and threatened by police for sitting on our porch the night of a protest, breaking no laws literally sitting in chairs on my covered porch 20 yards from the street. My roommate got directly hit with a teargas canister standing on the sidewalk taking video of the protests, not even participating in the (peaceful and constitutionally protected) protests. Columbus saw virtually no looting despite extended police violence against peaceful protestors breaking no laws. I can't speak for other places cause I don't live anywhere else. Shut the fuck up about stuff you don't understand.

You guys like to find stuff to fight about.

I like to get into the middle of it.

So...

I have known a lot of Harley RIDERS. Good dudes. Many union tradesmen (as mentioned above). Those guys are almost issued an American made everything. For good reason. They are the backbone of American labor and they know what it feels like to support their local business.

I have known a few guys that rode with CLUBS which is different. They are a little more hardcore, but will let people ride with them that aren’t scaring anyone.

I also know a guy in a GANG. One that makes an effort to conduct illegal trade of banned substances. Their group, for obvious reasons, is pretty tight and would probably murder folks for the sake of their members.

Have you ever rolled up to a bar, walked inside and instantly felt like you didn’t belong? I have. Not a good feeling. I have been told outright of some bars to absolutely not go in unless I know someone or want to get cut.

I give a lot of crap to the majority of Harley RIDERS that bought their fashion accessory to polish on sunny weekends. I wouldn’t make the mistake of saying shit like that in front of a CLUB member (with his friends) or any GANG member (alone or accompanied).

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> 95% of them were over 50 years old

Yep.

Also, whether they're white-collar and weak, or blue-collar and raging, saying "THOSE BLM PROTESTORS BETTER NOT COME ROUND HERE" is basically saying:

"PEOPLE CAMPAIGNING FOR POSITIVE SOCIAL CHANGE AND EQUITY HAVE NO PLACE AMONGST THE HOG-DADDY'S"

If you're not down for BIPOC or LGBTQ rights:

tenor.gif

> Seth B Wrote:

> Go sit on one of their bikes while it’s parked outside the local

> roadhouse. They’re lawyers, they won’t hurt you. Then you can defend

> your own masculinity, with words. I’m sure a moped forum basement hero

> like you can hold your own.

Americans should not tackle discussion with personal experience.

My favorite is when some Harley guy is talking shit about my tiny bike. I usually go up to them and go “Hahahah what’s everyone laughing at”. Real smart ass like. It is usually always some new rider trying to be cool. Guys that have been around a while are usually cool. But some are just natural dickheads. .....this rona has me running out of fucks to give. Don’t even know how I’m going to act when I get turned loose again.

Pushrod Fifty /

A bunch of Harley riders posting back and forth on their Harley forum trying to figure out moped riders, can you imagine?

Now that would be a good read.

seriously like why the fuck are these tough guys throwing threats at a made-up "enemy". like real tough, theyre literally scared of people in cities, that's about all it comes down to

people like to pretend brandishing guns and puffing up your chest makes you tough, but deep down it's routed in a goofy self-absorbed cowardice. BLM doesn't give a shit about roughing up some motorcycle goobers and sons of anarchy cos-players, it wants police to address racial injustice. vain and scared.

Anyway, there actually ARE a pretty decent group of younger Harley riders, and getting more progressive too. you go to the newer events, shows like mama tried or One or check out the builders on lowbrow etc there's a definite young crowd rocking Harleys and tryna emulate the old dudes now as they were in the day, back when they still had fun

Like I met this chick last year, she built this thing and it's pretty sick

Harleys can be rad. to a point from the quotes thread - the best wine is the wine you like best, but to truly know you must have tried them all. I find it relevant here - the Harley riders who've ridden all kinda bikes and just like their Harleys are almost always rad old heads and fine folks, but you also have this solid contingent of stubborn ignorant asshats who're "never metric" "Harley for life" and cant even begin to comprehend anyone else that thinks differently, and it's those fuckbags who ruin the image

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> A bunch of Harley riders posting back and forth on their Harley forum

> trying to figure out moped riders, can you imagine?

probably many more Harley riders on here than moped riders on there.

pretty different MO, we all ride dumb shit and pretty much can't possibly take ourselves seriously - we're on mopeds! fun times only!

on the flip side, if your first bike was a Harley it's probably because you thought it was cool. thinking you're cool doesn't fit well with riding mopeds haha

“Sons of Anarchy cos-players”

LMAO.

I’ve camped with some awesome old Harley guys like you speak of. They were loyal to their brand but respected anyone that rode. Actually rode.

Because of the ass-hats, if I’m coming up on a parking lot filled with nothing but American bikes, I just keep on rolling. I could be passing up on some great people. But I could also be walking into a sticky mess. And that’s no matter what I’m riding.

Pushrod Fifty /

Harley riders are pretty chill these days. Most of them wave in the pass-by and when I stop somewhere on any if my old bikes they most always make conversation.

This:

Will said, “ Harleys can be rad. to a point from the quotes thread - the best wine is the wine you like best, but to truly know you must have tried them all. I find it relevant here - the Harley riders who've ridden all kinda bikes and just like their Harleys are almost always rad old heads and fine folks, but you also have this solid contingent of stubborn ignorant asshats who're "never metric" "Harley for life" and cant even begin to comprehend anyone else that thinks differently, and it's those fuckbags who ruin the image”

The way I see it is; two wheels is two wheels. A car could kill us all, bicycle to motorcycle, at least somebody is on two wheels. Past all the politics and hate, we in it together.

Even on my black Tao Quantum until I laid it down a few times would get props from people on various bikes. I don't like harleys, but at least those that own them are on two wheels.

My point comes from southern California. There's so many "weekend warriors" here that you see riding on nice sunny days with their while store bought outfits on.

I know some of them that trailer their bikes to Sturgis, and other shows.

But I also know a lot of hardcore guys. Like real hardcore, live the life, ride rain or shine, big time club members, and most of them have up on Sturgis years ago, for the reasons I mentioned.

I definitely wanna go some year. get a good pack of friends it guaranteed to be fun.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea I'll take my Moby there next year and make some new friends. Not afraid to break the status quo. Just need to bring a few 30's of Bud Light to pass around and it should be ok.

Rode my honda gorilla to a biker bar once, everyone loved it. I think these days most people on 2 wheels are just happy to see other bikers on the road.

Pretty much any bike I pass while riding puts up the 2 finger wave as we pass each other. Doesnt matter if it's a harley or a Honda.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account