Re: lol Sturgis

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I definitely wanna go some year. get a good pack of friends it

> guaranteed to be fun.

Green Bastards sometimes host a rally the week before there.

punkrock randy /

My dad’s heading to Sturgis and I love him. But Harleys are fuggin stupid. Even the younger riders can’t typically pick up their own bike. They’re not that cool to ride honestly, been there done that.

yea we definitely hit up some biker bars sometimes, they can be fun and also easily confrontational. it's never about the bikes, usually it's the realization that we're probably "libruls"

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> yea we definitely hit up some biker bars sometimes, they can be fun and

> also easily confrontational. it's never about the bikes, usually it's

> the realization that we're probably "libruls"

Make sure you go see "The needles", mount Rushmore, the four corners, devil's tower and general roads in the area. I used to go every year and haven't been in 10 now.

I toured the area maybe 10 years back, I remember being most impressed by devils tower. it's not in my cards for at least a few years, I wind up traveling for work often enough that traveling for fun without the family is a non-option, likewise takin a kiddo to that is probably not gonna happen

Devil's tower is cool af, saw it as a kid, was not impressed then, but the memories impress me now. That whole area is super cool, badlands are cool too.

yea it was a trip around the country with my dad and brother, I was just 16 and learning to drive, so I guess that's almost 20 years ago - yipes.

but badlands was easily one of my favorites of the whole trip. pretty incredible. I definitely did appreciate it and definitely did not appreciate it enough

it was amazing almost 2 month trip, but the whole time sortof plagued by my teenage longing to just get it over with and get back home to bang my girlfriend

^ right? :D

Sadly we had to skip devils tower on my last trip through that area, we did go to sturgis and we shoulda skipped that. It was lame.

However we did see Rushmore and that was cool then camped at windcave national.

> baird co Wrote:

> My point comes from southern California. There's so many "weekend

> warriors" here that you see riding on nice sunny days with their while

> store bought outfits on.

>

> I know some of them that trailer their bikes to Sturgis, and other

> shows.

>

> But I also know a lot of hardcore guys. Like real hardcore, live the

> life, ride rain or shine, big time club members, and most of them have

> up on Sturgis years ago, for the reasons I mentioned.

After riding my scooter a whole year; call me chicken shit. When I get a bike, it's not being riden in the rain. So happy it didn't snow that year.

E8075548-5101-48EC-B5B3-1B776497D35E.jpeg

🤷🏼‍♂️ Well this is going to get interesting....

Ihre Papiere bitte

You know the difference between a hoover and a Harley?

Position of the dirtbag.

I love dad jokes

Nah, it's easy to go around and they're letting emergency and in-state commercial vehicles through. They just dont want shitheads from hotspots passing through.

Screenshot_20200810-092100_Drive.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Wouldnt Sioux have dominion over their own reservation? Im not very well versed on the laws governing Indian reservations but I was under the impression they kind of set their own rules and had their own police.

theyre supposed to have some sovereignty but restricting travel on highways isn't exactly legal, since theyre state or federally owned/maintained. It's shaping up to be a battle for the rights of reservations, and one they'll inevitably lose, which is a pretty bad optic considering our disapproval of Chinese oversight in hongkong. (obviously totally different situation, just pointing out the bad optics, but watch this derail - oops)

I just lol at all the cowboys who think theyre gonna be facing off for their rights or whatever the shit. these boys dont like being told no, darnit! even if it is easy to go around.

i'm just disappointed to have "bikers" be this image of the fussy old bitches on the wrong side

Jimmy Cincinnati /

It's shaping up to be a battle for the rights of reservations, and one they'll inevitably lose, which is a pretty bad optic considering our disapproval of Chinese oversight in hongkong.

I would agree with you that our justice system sucks and it will likely be mishandled.

i'm just disappointed to have "bikers" be this image of the fussy old bitches on the wrong side

Ive long been dissapointed in the biker image. I hate that it is associated in America as big, fat, hairy, overgrown children.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> i'm just disappointed to have "bikers" be this image of the fussy old

> bitches on the wrong side

>

> Ive long been dissapointed in the biker image. I hate that it is

> associated in America as big, fat, hairy, overgrown children.

These are both so true.

Huh?

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!

(edited)

That was perfect. South Park always expresses the truth with such eloquence.

That is one of the funniest episodes ever....

i started watching it again (before it left Hulu) and forgot just how good it is

even the "meh" episodes are brilliant

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> i started watching it again (before it left Hulu) and forgot just how

> good it is

>

> even the "meh" episodes are brilliant

What would be truly brilliant would be if South Park did an episode about DoNoHiO. Can you imagine?

there already was a cartoon about him

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Lol people are mad at smash mouth for playing but they just did their part to scare people away!

yea they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

but you'll never know if you don;t go

I was dumb and bought my Harley in June. Should have waited.

saw some vids, surprised how many actually are wearing masks.

But at least Sturgis and the "biker" image is one of lawlessness and chaotic disregard for others, it's a mantra of self-righteousness, and fuck everyone else. which is pretty selfish and shitty when you get down to it, but at least it's more honest than pretending you don't want to wear masks is motivated by some genuine scientific truth that you've made up for yourself. at least most of them seem self-aware enough to be like "yeah, I know I might be risking my life and others, but so what, fuck em all" instead of "masks don't work, covid's a hoax and and and it make me have hard time breathing" related tears.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account