**FOOD BANKS**

howdy, fellas

if you arent broke and have 3 or 4 minutes today call your nearest Food Bank and ask them what they need most

a lot of us are in the groove and cool with being cooped up and working from home but many families are really starting to panic as they can't make ends meet

you dont have to take out a 2nd mortgage, just set aside $5, $10, or $20 and either drop cash off directly or the next time youre buying groceries grab a few extra cheap things like spaghetti sauce (in plastic containers) and pasta

'tanks!

giphy-34.gif

(edited)

Re: **FOOD BANKS**

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Ive never donated to a local food bank but your right, i need too. Im going to look into it.

Don’t just donate food and money. Give your time, too. Many food banks use volunteers to pack bags and hand them out, among other things. It’s enjoyable work. Anybody can give a few extra bucks, but it’s a sacrifice to give up your free time.

Do what you can to help those who are struggling.

Props to everyone that cares about their fellow citizens, keep up the good work!

"Anybody can give a few extra bucks, but it’s a sacrifice to give up your free time."

smh

good call

We do a holiday food drive around Christmas at my work, and I've been trying to organize a second one this year for the more immediate need

This is a good idea, have been working with 3 others (I had never met before covid) we all put up around $50 a week and shop for some people locally that reached out for help on the Nextdoor app, mainly a single Mom who is on disability with an autistic daughter who can no longer go to school and get the meals offered there, they are delivering them now, but they still need stuff, and an older couple where the woman has MS I think it is and it totally disabled, and her husband lost his job, they are getting some benne's but again not enough to cover meds and such and groceries. We all take turns getting the lists and shopping/delivering. Least we able bodied types can do, after all, what if it was you that needed help? Food banks are a great idea too, and curious, why plastic jars?

My best guess is that glass breaks easily in the handling process. I've never heard of such a rule here, but it makes a lot of sense (except most pasta sauces comes in glass bottles here)

Over here the food bank doesn't serve that many people, with all that social security and all, and they get most of their stuff from restaurants and supermarkets. The only time they really need food is around Christmas so they can give out care packages to all the impoverished people in my city.

the one nearest us always asks for plastic if possible

i think its just easier/safer to transport

Same here with the glass...I don't think I've ever seen it in plastic, but there are other things to give, money really, they can prob buy at a discount being a non-profit and get more for your money than you can.

ALL of you are solid duders

Don donates his piece of mind... j.s.

Evil..................what a droll troll!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Evil..................what a droll troll!

See, you never disappoint, although you have a small mind.

I work at a bakery in narragansett rhode island after ever work night I would take the left overs to the local homeless shelters and rehab programs. Some nights people at the shelters or rehabs would be waiting outside for me to show up and knew me by 1st name . it made me feel so good to actually bring a little comfort to people's lifes. I know it wasn't money or a real way out of their predicaments but the sweets, pizzas, and calzones made them happy. But the shelter has since closed down due to funding and the rehabs don't want anything till this whole covid stuff blows over (yeah right blow over) but I know exactly how those people felt I spent 1/4 of my life living in shelters and on the streets because of drugs and anytime someone would show up to the shelter with either food or clothes it made me feel a little less worthless and that people out there really cared. Most people don't even want to hold a door open or ya never mind take time from their day and money from their pocket. So even the littlest things can mean the world to some people

todd amundson /

Time bandits!

We raised 4k! outta 100 people, that's pretty awesome

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account