Re: Change & Stability

Fuck off fucktard.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Didn't you read in the Bible that the ANTICHRIST was already starting in

> the apostles time after Jesus death? You want me to quote that to you?

>

> 99% of the World's so-called Christian religions were taken over by

> by the AntiChrist.

>

> You are responsible to search out true religion. I John 4:3 and I John

> hn 2:18

And you’re certain that the one you practice is the right one?

Jesus told his disciples to give up every worldly thing. He didn’t believe in government (anarchist) and he was a pacifist. Want me to quote that for you?

That’s why they got martyred for their faith didn’t participate in politics.

I know Jesus wouldn’t vote for Trump (Because there shouldn’t be anyone over you except God). So, you sir, must be one of the antichrist ones.

I can only tell you that NO politician IS the answer or HAS the answer. Still, the Bible tells us to pray for the leaders and not to rebel against them.

Want me to quote THAT for you? O Ye of little faith?

I'd consider Jesus a bit of a rebel. The scribes and Pharisees did too.

Pray for leaders; sure. Follow any Man; no. Recommending that anyone follow another man; absolutely not.

This is getting too far away from how I stop my wife from redecorating all the time.

I have more respect for stubborn people than push-overs. You're a tough nut to crack Don and I still love you. Glean the good teaching in the Bible and don't let the toxic crap that's taking over lead you.

I have to go to work now.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'd consider Jesus a bit of a rebel. The scribes and Pharisees did too.

>

> Pray for leaders; sure. Follow any Man; no. Recommending that anyone

> follow another man; absolutely not.

>

> This is getting too far away from how I stop my wife from redecorating

> all the time.

>

> I have more respect for stubborn people than push-overs. You're a tough

> nut to crack Don and I still love you. Glean the good teaching in the

> Bible and don't let the toxic crap that's taking over lead you.

>

> I have to go to work now.

Thank you!

My success comes from one thing. Honesty is it. be honest 1st with yourself - you've done a good job organizing your concerns and feelings here and probably have it better in your head, but theres a ton of things to consider and I like writing it down, even in this sorta format, to organize. And then share that - say hey - I really love you, I also don't have the patience for XYZ. talk about it.

because it's super easy to NOT talk about it, and it just builds up. every little thing adds up until it gets way too big to talk about. and that's when shit gets really hard - you do the little hard now and you can compromise, being honest with yourselves and that's how shit works. without communication we're fucked. but honesty and communication makes trust and keeps the little shit from ballooning. This is from watching many relationships fail (friends, parents) and many others succeed (friend in happy healthy relationships), and where those hiccups are and where mine have been.

On a related note, sunday was our 10th.

Happy anniversary WillD.

June was 14 years of marriage for us and September will be 19 years together.

My wife says I don’t communicate. That’s her interpretation of not liking what I have to say and/or me forgetting what she said.

We are very open communicators. We swear by absolute honesty. It can be ugly sometimes. We decided that we love each other unconditionally and will not hold back to express our feelings, wants, and needs.

Just so happens that I’m studying Organizational Behavior right now. This, after taking that “leadership voice” assessment. All points out the fact that we are polar opposites in every personality trait. Not just swayed a little from the top of the bell curve in opposite directions. Like, there is a mountain of “typical” between us on those bell curves.

I’m deep type A to her type B

She’s a relentless extrovert to my hermit.

I’m very agreeable and she ain’t.

Me: Conscientious. Her: spontaneous

She says she’s not neurotic (because it sounds negative) but she is. I’m pretty stoic.

Last, she’s open and I’m very closed. Although I am becoming more open and this is helping us.

We were told once that two hard-headed people like us were doomed to fail. Beating a hammer on a anvil is rough. But when we get together, and work in harmony on a goal, it is a beautiful thing. Life has been running away with us as the kids get older and our jobs get more demanding. Looks like we are overdue for some maintenance on resetting and defining our goals together; instead of trying to drag each other along in what feels like unrelated stuff.

I’ll let you know how that goes.

Thanks again for the responses.

I know it's not what you're going to want to hear, but I would definitely consider therapy as individuals and together. It took me a long time to realize that therapy isn't for people in crisis, and that it's something I should have been doing all along. It has made myself and my partner much more aware and empathetic of each other. It hasn't "solved" our differences or incompatibilities but it has made us happier. Although I wouldn't have said we were ever unkind to each other, we're kinder to each other now and it makes the differences easier to cope with.

it's fucking hard work though, man. Some days it's really difficult to allow yourself to get to a vulnerable place and you feel really raw after, but ultimately it's good.

cheers man, hope you're both able to find a good place.

Don, as usual, you're a horrible person. see yourself out. (edited)

Bummerzz,

We went to individual and couples counseling about 2 years ago. And it was very helpful in getting us to communicate better. I basically saw it as having a mediator to keep my wife civil in a argument. Most of the BS we pull on each other is well known we just needed to start making better habits.

Our case is not unique, but it is tough since neither of us seems to have to ability to let stuff go that goes against our nature. So, even though I know it will piss her off, I’m gonna complain every time she gets something we don’t “need”. And she will nag me every time I forget that she planned a cookout with people I don’t like and I don’t want to go (because mopeds don’t fix themselves).

We’ve gotten thick skinned about it. Many times we’ll say something, tongue in cheek, knowing it should be left alone and acknowledging our stubborn inability to do so. It’s kinda cute; in our own little way.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be married to a perfectly compliant person. It might sound nice at first. It probably gets really boring after a while. I know a couple that just goes to work, comes home, eats quick meals, and watches tv. They never fight. They also never do anything.

Kinda crazy people are way more fun.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account