Performance Track Riding - Mid Ohio - Aug 31

Well it’s been over a year since full decimation of my top end- two heat cycles after full rebuild and were ready to throw down, again.

AMA VMD postponed, so this will have to suffice as a placeholder. If you ride or live near and want to spectate I believe they will allow us ‘1 coach’ in our pit. My buddy steve-O and myself will be on our 125s

99FCB893-03F9-4D01-859F-27769D275059.jpeg
7FE81300-382C-48F0-9F9B-35B29B5DB939.jpeg

Re: Performance Track Riding - Mid Ohio - Aug 31

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Any word on a new date for AMA? My guess is they will just cancel for the whole year.

that thing's so rad

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Any word on a new date for AMA? My guess is they will just cancel for

> the whole year.

I’ve heard absolutely nothing since postponement - my guess is if they do have an event it will be for competitors only, which likely wouldn’t bring them a lot of money, and I don’t see them going into debt to do that

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> that thing's so rad

It will be vintage next year, ol girl is getting old! But thanks :) she is quite radical, the prev owner called it ‘TwoNeat’ ha

Dirty30 Dillon /

I am working on snagging a NS250r from a friend and would love to do track days on it, even though it's not in the same league as the RS

god damn that shit is tight. So jelly, but fully cannot afford the cash or the time it takes to keep a bike like that trackable. Good on ya for the commitment.

sold my race bike and bought a dumb house, hopefully have something to race again by next year.

Barber is still on for some reason, but I probably won't go to that petri dish, as much as I miss racing (edited)

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> I am working on snagging a NS250r from a friend and would love to do

> track days on it, even though it's not in the same league as the RS

That would be so fun, definitely of the same breed - I like watching that moto2 imports page he brings over all kind of tz and nsr, other things too. The RS can be found for a reasonable cost honestly, likely half or below the nsr value for sure - so keep that in mind!

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> god damn that shit is tight. So jelly, but fully cannot afford the cash

> or the time it takes to keep a bike like that trackable. Good on ya for

> the commitment.

>

> sold my race bike and bought a dumb house, hopefully have something to

> race again by next year.

>

> Barber is still on for some reason, but I probably won't go to that

> petri dish, as much as I miss racing

Aw thanks dude! It’s not so bad to afford - but it’s still a full on race bike so it does take effort on the wallet and mind - I have heard the current NSF250 is between 4-8k to rebuild, the little RS can be done for hundreds of dollars sometimes and lap times are similar

Good for you and M on the house! Congrats! Have to put the race stuff somewhere. Wish I could live in a toy hauler but that cost more than my house haha

Ive done a "parade" lap at Mid Ohio with a Busa 1300 back in the early 2000s. Have performance rode that bike and a Gsxr1000 over at putnum park just west of Indy a few times. Putnum is nice but not as intense as the "keyhole" that mid Ohio has. Love mid Ohio for sure and watched many ama races there.

I've watched this one race at midohio before. its scary and intense and amazing. I don't know if I could ever be competitive enough to try it myself but it looks like it's very fun.

also jeff is major sweetheart and always super pleasure. For a competitive sport, the dudes doing it, especially with the somewhat older or smaller bikes, all seem to be a really great group, very friendly even as competitors. I'm sure there are some aggro dickheads but generally seems a nice crowd

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account