With new technology comes new conversations

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Re: With new technology comes new conversations

The Germans predicted smart phones and face time in 1930...

f0309619530882e99b3320528011d006.jpg

Jules verne predicted them in 1889, with shit like the "phonotelephote" which was basically video calls

That's crazy.....

Some people are just ahead of their time. Great ,isn't it?

meanwhile others are stubbornly behind heheh

I miss the age of discovery.

Nowadays, people innovate. There’s a tsunami of “new” stuff all the time. But, it’s just repackaged versions of the same old things.

Pretty sure we’ve found almost all the elements that can exist here. All the chemistry of those elements. We know how things work physically and can predict it well enough to engineer great things.

It’s a great time to be alive, but I can’t help but long for some greater mystery. Being called to the unknown to search for answers. I think intelligence is my favorite one right now. How we can create a real AI.

Even electric vehicles are older than people think. Not a new trick at all.

Then there's Tesla in 1926:

“When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole. We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles, and the instruments through which we shall be able to do all of this, will fit in our vest pockets.” Nikola Tesla, 1926

Don't give up and lose your sense of adventure and wonderment. Because there's still a lot more out there to be discovered. And most of it lies at the bottom of our oceans.

If you've got almost 2 hours to kill and like archaeology, this is a FASCINATING lecture on the Antikythera Mechanism;

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account