Any horders have a stash of old Oil seals

Paul Funyun /

If you have a few sets of old oil seals laying arounf it would be awesome if you could mail them to me. I need them for a project. If you can save them up that would also be awesome. I technically just need the spring wich would fit in an envelope with a stamp. But I'll take them whole too in a box if you got a bunch. Thanks

Re: Any horders have a stash of old Oil seals

tons hah I can maybe dig around but I also like havin em cuz who knows. problem with hoarders is they don't wanna ditch the hoard.

Old seals are a waste of time and money. There's lots of grief in everyday life, why search for another helping?

Paul Funyun /

one mans trash horde is another mans trash horde... let me know if you wanna part with any!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hamster training electroshock collars.

Nosehair clippers replacement blades

I took a seized crank apart to get two.

So, one hamster size shock collar and one mouse size?

PM me if you want. It’s gonna take many many months to get to you.

Free, on me, if you tell what the project is.

9BC73CD7-F8B0-4C25-8688-485009C4772A.jpeg

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hamster training electroshock collars.

>

> Nosehair clippers replacement blades

>

> ....

Very close...

img.jpeg

I got trash new seals with garter springs. Size needed?

Paul Funyun /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Free, on me, if you tell what the project is.

I need the spring for the drive belt on the pulley thats on the end of the crankshaft. The garter spring can expand when the steam engine dumped the torqe during the power stroke. Its got mad torque. I am gonna make a few tools that will be driven off a series of jack shaft. A trip hammer, bandsaw, a waterpump, some whimsical stuff like a ferris wheel and an elephant drinking a beer. Maybe a merry-go-round with mopeds on it.

The spring comes apart if you super carefully find the magic spot where its attached and untwist it. then I can daisy chain a bunch together. I found a few oilseals in the bottom of my trash can. The bearing shop in town doesn't have any old seals. So i thought I'd see if all yall have any. I just need a bunch of oil seals some of the diffrent seals sizes have springs that are different sizes. Some of the same size oilseal but with dual flange vs single flange are different sized spring diameter.

20200812_142435.jpg
20200812_144443.jpg

That’s a cool little steam engine.

I don’t think the springs will work for a drive belt though. I almost had 3 to send ya but just tugging a little to clean off gunk cause one to permanently deform. Got all stretched out.

And the metal on metal would have no traction.

I don’t know if the size is right, but the rubber tubing used to hold window screens into their frame (spline) could work. Cut to length and glued with a stud inside the hole at the joint.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWU82WK/

Still, I’ll send you what I have if you wanna give it a go.

Paul Funyun /

The garter springs definitely work very well. The metal coil grabs in to the metal pully. I only had two double lip seals so its only a few inches in diameter but It really bits in hard to the pulley. The garter springs are hard to find. So yeah I'm definitely going to try other stuff untill I find a bunch. The window rubber is too big and will probably stretch too much but ill try that and also the bulk o-ring material. Its pretty expensive aswell. My friend gave me some old o-ring material bass ukulele guitar strings. They are way too big but maybe I can find smaller o-ring strings

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account