So I finally got an RZ350

Had a dream bike fall into my lap, a friend who already had one knew a guy who had this thing and wanted it gone. $1700 later it's mine.

Holy fuck this thing rips. Was a racing bike so no title, and it's banged up and has mismatched plastics and and no front brake calipers and a big ol crack in the cylinder head so coolant shoots out and burns the fuck out of your legs but it is by far the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. I've had bigger bikes like an R6, but this thing feels just as fast and twice as light. If I die on this thing, know I died happy.

The sound this thing makes is "boner inducing" as a friend put it

IMG_20200820_134132_01.jpg

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Awesome score, had one for a few weeks, insane fun, wish I hadn't wrecked it. Enjoy!

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Nice score. Plan on going broke fixing it up haha. I had a ds7 that I converted to rd250 cylinders with .80 over weiscos and carbs. It was a fun as hell but a money pit.

IMG_0669.jpg

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

2-Stokes are the best sounding motorcycles out there. I will add a little ear candy to the mix...

https://www.facebook.com/100018826125956/videos/pcb.616764512278082/590622714908594

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Wild!

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Had a dream bike fall into my lap, a friend who already had one knew a

> guy who had this thing and wanted it gone. $1700 later it's mine.

>

> Holy fuck this thing rips. Was a racing bike so no title, and it's

> banged up and has mismatched plastics and and no front brake calipers

> and a big ol crack in the cylinder head so coolant shoots out and burns

> the fuck out of your legs but it is by far the most fun I've ever had on

> 2 wheels. I've had bigger bikes like an R6, but this thing feels just as

> fast and twice as light. If I die on this thing, know I died happy.

>

> The sound this thing makes is "boner inducing" as a friend put it

>

>

Boner inducing indeed, what kind of pipes, mine had Toomy if I remember right....keep us posted on this! Fun fact, the og pipes had a cat in each one like new Tomos, and were all ditched with a quickness.

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

James, one of the swoop crew, has the stock pipes on his, it's way too nice to remove em and since everyone ditched em, you almost can't now cuz the collector value is too good for an unmolested one. it definitely still rips, and he definitely rides it well, but theres SO much more power with a set of pipes

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

I imagine the stock are unobtanium now, but if I ever find another RZ it will be to ride, not look at, but would save the stock pipes rather than trash them. They added a lot of weight as well as restriction, but were needed to make the bike legal to sell here.

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Yeah this has Spec II pipes on it, I wish it had the stock pipes but the rest of the bike is in such a state that this will never be a museum piece, it'll be a rider, so it doesn't really matter I guess.

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Bikes are to be ridden, especially this one, not looked at, ride it like you stole it! :)

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Beautiful! I’ve got a 72 R5 (became the RD350 in 73 with the addition of reed valves) that will be my winter project. It’s complete but in crates and came with a spare RD350 engine for $350. Responded to a 2 sentence CL ad with no pictures about 15 minutes after it was posted and completely lucked out. I’ll probably never get another score like that but those are the ones that keep you hunting!

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

> Ben Wilson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Beautiful! I’ve got a 72 R5 (became the RD350 in 73 with the addition of

> reed valves) that will be my winter project. It’s complete but in crates

> and came with a spare RD350 engine for $350. Responded to a 2 sentence

> CL ad with no pictures about 15 minutes after it was posted and

> completely lucked out. I’ll probably never get another score like that

> but those are the ones that keep you hunting!

Rd350 engine has an extra gear if the r5 is just stock with rd350 jugs. Be better off rebuilding the rd350 engine. Also make sure you have the rd carbs or at least all the insides. Will make tuning alot easier.

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Hey man nice score! I'm sure you'd get a bigger boner without a scalded leg tho. You have a full set of leathers and good helmet? If not buy them now and thank me later. Turn that bitch into a stunter bike. (edited)

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hey man nice score! I'm sure you'd get a bigger boner without a scalded

> leg tho. You have a full set of leathers and good helmet? If not buy

> them now and thank me later. Turn that bitch into a stunter bike.

All my gear is motocross oriented so it'd look a little silly on this, might get some street leathers. The idea of stunting it has crossed my mind but I have my senda and my wheelie maxi for that

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

fuck yeah man!!! when you're back in baltimore hopefully you bring it with you, we can go do rz350 things. enjoy it dude, ride mine a few times a week :D

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Nice score!

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Spec 2 pipes are pretty pricey as is so you got a great deal

Re: So I finally got an RZ350

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Wild, funny too, this just came up in my YouTube recommendations last week and its a great video about it, lots of neat sounds

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account