Re: Impact screwdriver, are they all that?

I have the same 4 you do, but see your extra's under gun, I have a few more as well and an extension too, :) Got to ride the scooter today because of that tool.

screwbuster.jpg

the thing bas autowas has rules. i was "on mopeds" for a lot of years before i got ahold of one of these, and it really felt like "i've seen the light!" like the first time you take your variators off with a rattle gun. this feels like the right way. it's really good for certain things. clutch cover screws especially. tomos oil check screw is an example of what this device does well. in and out. me and pat norris and cakes all fight over two of them. i probably have them both.

Yeah great tool for those crusty looking giant Phillip's head screw that you know are gonna strip. I have had the same cheap ass one for ever. Got it at a napa or something.

Got mine at O'reilly's, I really did not think it would work, but it was so slick, I still can't believe I did not have one all these yrs, I think I assumed "impact" meant an air tool, I stopped with the screws before I fubar'd them (for once) lol, bought this and the next time i could work was done with the job in minutes. Whoever invented this thing made a fortune!

> Your Mother Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

moped-army-cf00eca709935b56814ee6bdf1404a6b.jpg

Ya, nice toy^^^ I have a pneumatic screw gun that works. A few points tho...

1.) not everyone has a compressor

2.) Not every repair job takes place in a shop (think side of the road or parking lot)

3.) There are places the hand held impact will fit that big bulky thing will NOT.

4.) The hand held is way more controllable than the pneumatic.

5.) And then theres the cost difference.. Like thats got to cost $100 or so.

I feel ya. Good points.

I remember not so long ago using a B.B. gun to clean my main jet, now I dream of an 80 gallon dual stage compressor with a cooler. My current compressor is a POS than doesn't shut itself off... I should still be grateful though... I think I remember sharing my discovery of using the B.B. gun here and someone said, "any port in a storm."

Impacta saved me again on a screw for my samurai heater valve that was givin me the trouble, started to cam out and I got the impacta with a lil tap tap, saved. the bigger hammer impact would not have fit in there!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account