I finally got my IRS stimulus check!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It took 4 months, but I finally received my $1200 stimulus check from the IRS today. Supposedly, it was sent out back in April, but I never received it. Who knows where it went. My address has not changed in 24 years. I spent a total of about 3 hours on hold with the IRS over the last 3 months. They did finally recover the money back in early June, but never bothered to notify me or send me out a replacement check. If it weren’t for my persistence, I probably never would have received it. Now that I have it, it’s kinda anticlimactic. Deposited it in my bank account to pay bills. Nothing exciting. Hopefully , if they can agree on a second stimulus check, I’ll get mine when I’m supposed to.

Re: I finally got my IRS stimulus check!

Glad you got it, Larry! I've never received anything. I don't care if I do, since others really need it.

If you make over a certain amount you will not get one.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you make over a certain amount you will not get one.

Dead people are not supposed to get them either. j.s.

I don't make a lot on retirement and SS, Stephen...........but it's enough.

Pushrod Fifty /

Crazy how long it took, I think I got mine easy because my bank was already set up in their system from years back, but still havent got my tax return yet. My bad for waiting until July 14th to file it.

So do you have to file your 2019 taxes to receive it? I have an extension on them and will file soon.

Y’all don’t do your tax return immediately?

If I had to pay a lot I could see waiting.

As it has been my whole life, I get a return. So, I file the day I get my W2 online.

Why let the government collect interest on your money?

I also claim the maximum exemptions. Same reason, not letting the Gubmint collect interest on my money. Some years that means I get a smaller return. So, what. I got bigger paychecks all year that I can put into a tax deferred retirement account and collect interest on the investment.

It never makes sense to wait unless you owe tons and are waiting on an investment to pay out and cover the tax obligation. Which sounds like some crazy rich business guy type thing.

Pushrod Fifty /

I know it doesnt make sense to wait but I hate doing it. You didnt have to have 2019 filed to get the check.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The government is collecting interest all year on the money you over paid them... the ideal solution is to not get back anything or owe money at the end of the year.

The interest I’m talking about isn’t much. It’s just the principle.

I also procrastinate on some stuff. Since I have four dependents and low taxable income, my returns are huge right now. So, that’s a big incentive to get the stuff done. And, I always use the easiest online thingy because I don’t itemize and have nothing complicated to deal with.

If you get a return every year, you can follow the instructions on your W4 and exempt yourself from any withholding. They still take SS and whatnot. But no Federal withheld. Makes a smaller return, but bigger paychecks throughout the year.

For a time in my life, I would buy on credit and then use a return to pay off debt. Lots of people do. That makes everyone rich except you. The opposite is better, get ALL of your paycheck, pay cash, pay off high interest debt, and invest in savings of some kind.

I think there’s an option to estimate your return and get it distributed to you through the year as well. I could have been dreaming that one but it would be ideal if your income and stuff is steady enough to allow that.

The goal at tax time should be to break even or have to pay some. If you owe the IRS, that’s sort of like having an interest free loan all year (assumption). I’ve never owed though.

punkrock randy /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> The government is collecting interest all year on the money you over

> paid them... the ideal solution is to not get back anything or owe money

> at the end of the year.

Spot on. I don’t get almost anything back, actually have owed the past 12 years. But i get more between tax times on my paychecks, so I’m never excited to do that shit.

All of the delays are due to shyty leadership, the corporations got their huge lump sums nice and early so the top level execs could have fat pockets all year long.

Excellent, even though it evaporated on bills I am sure it came in handy, I am sure it was nice to get something from the Orangeman and his band of merry brown nosers. Perhaps just a coincidence everyone is suddenly getting delayed checks as election time nears.

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> It took 4 months, but I finally received my $1200 stimulus check from

> the IRS today. Supposedly, it was sent out back in April, but I never

> received it. Who knows where it went. My address has not changed in 24

> years. I spent a total of about 3 hours on hold with the IRS over the

> last 3 months. They did finally recover the money back in early June,

> but never bothered to notify me or send me out a replacement check. If

> it weren’t for my persistence, I probably never would have received it.

> Now that I have it, it’s kinda anticlimactic. Deposited it in my bank

> account to pay bills. Nothing exciting. Hopefully , if they can agree on

> a second stimulus check, I’ll get mine when I’m supposed to.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Y’all don’t do your tax return immediately?

>

> If I had to pay a lot I could see waiting.

>

> As it has been my whole life, I get a return. So, I file the day I get

> my W2 online.

>

> Why let the government collect interest on your money?

>

> I also claim the maximum exemptions. Same reason, not letting the

> Gubmint collect interest on my money. Some years that means I get a

> smaller return. So, what. I got bigger paychecks all year that I can put

> into a tax deferred retirement account and collect interest on the

> investment.

>

> It never makes sense to wait unless you owe tons and are waiting on an

> investment to pay out and cover the tax obligation. Which sounds like

> some crazy rich business guy type thing.

I'll owe a coupla thou.No biggy! Enjoyed the use of their money for several months.

Pushrod Fifty /

They made 3.00 on my interest, the natl dept is in the trillions. I thought I was going break even, but I got a little bennie fron Uncle Don.

On March 12, I sent a written Thank You card to a recording studio owner in Dallas after doing a session there, doing some vocal tracks on a guy's record. As a professional courtesy I like to write and tell someone they have a nice room, great engineer and thank them for their gracious hospitality, cause studio owners do go out of their way to make sure everything is major league. Dallas is maybe 50 miles from my farm and I got the card back yesterday - as undeliverable - 5 1/2 months later. I'll be delivering my mail-in ballot by hand in a ballot drop box. Thank you gummint- I got my $1200 direct deposited to my bank account on my birthday !! Dang !!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account